Thread: Franco's Lakeside

Franco's Lakeside

Just a quickie one to let everybody know that the first Franco's Lakeside was a real success.
    In fact, it washed out the unpleasant taste the Swish left. I certainly will be looking at booking it at some point in the future.
    Good:
    The accommodation was nice, the dining room (both food and service) was really good standard.
    Bad:
    The dance floor isn't really 3 times the Camber's - but it was nice and big (unfortunately with some funny sticky/spinny patches), but it wasn't anywhere as hot and stinky as Camber. Sadly, the blues room wasn't big enough (and in separate building - not good in rain), and there was a funny music selection on Friday night, but after the comments from everybody, it has greatly improved.
    Good: However, as always, the main attraction were dancers and dances. And those were FANTASTIC! I had some of the most amazing dances there, and really enjoyed every minute of it.
    Bad: nothing bad can be said about the quality of dances.

In short - really enjoyed and really glad we went.

Commercial Operator

Re: Franco's Lakeside

Hi Nebula,

Franco here. Thanks for the +ve feedback, I will look into the areas that could be improved and if possible I will act accordingly. I just need to confirm something though, the permanent dance floor at Lakeside is mathematically over 3 times the size of the one at Camber. This is based on factually measured floor sizes. Please note that I am referring to the size of the dance floor only, not to the overall size of the venue.

MaxBeat = Franco

I am sooo out of touch these days. I would like to know more about Franco's event if anyone can post some details. If this is not allowed than can someone (or Franco) pm some details?

M

Here you go - all here. Page Title

Quote Originally Posted by nebula View Post
    Were you the only one on this forum who actually went ??

Any more feed back ?

Quote Originally Posted by nebula View Post
    Thanks for that.

M

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    Were you the only one on this forum who actually went ??

Any more feed back ?
    Looks like it
    OK - negatives. Franco said that by sq ft the floor is 3 times bigger. Seeing that they've put tables on the dance floor, that hardly mattered, as extra space was taken by people sitting down. The floor had really strange patches - sticky here, spinny as hell one step further. However, the raised walkpath around the dance floor was really nice, as you could carry drinks without bumping into the dancers. As I said, it wasn't anywhere as hot and stinky, as Camber - but then, there weren't anywhere as many people as in Camber, so I really don't know whether it would cope with 1200! The silliest thing was that they closed the doors, so no air was moving inside - duh... The blues room was small, and in different building - change of shoes mandatory, as it was wet most of the time, so not much movement between the two, until the main floor shut down.
    Positives. The music selection was good (after the 1st night blues ****-up, anyway), the dancers/dances very good - nothing to complain about there. Practices in the bar during the day - fab.
    The accommodation standard was much better, im my opinion, than in Potters. The grounds are very pretty, there's a lake, and the ducks and swans came to say hello every day. The dining room standard was miles above Potters - both food and service were much closer to what I would describe as 5* than Potters ever hinted at.
    Everything else - it's people that make it, and I had fantastic time thanks to old and new friends.

Thread Information