View Poll Results: Who's going where

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fri - Strictly Ceroc - Leamington Spa (Mids)

1 1.59%
  • Fri - Utopia (Ceroc Central/Ceroc UK) Ticket only - Derby (Mids)

10 15.87%
  • Fri - Ceroc Central - Wellingborough (Mids)

0 0%
  • Fri - Ceroc North West - Hyde (Manchester) (NW)

1 1.59%
  • Fri - Dance Social at the Bowls (Crosland Music) - Rugby (Mids)

3 4.76%
  • Fri - Red Hot and Blue (Edinburgh)

14 22.22%
  • Fri - Jiveolution DJ Dezi's DWAS - Andover

1 1.59%
  • Fri - cerocmetro - Cheshunt

7 11.11%
  • Sat - cerocmetro - stevenage

5 7.94%
  • Sat - Mama Morton's - Dundee

4 6.35%
  • Sat - 'Pirates of Northanze' 2 room freestyle (Ceroc Central) - Daventry (Mids)

17 26.98%
  • Sat - Revolution Dance - Northwich (NW)

2 3.17%
  • Sat - WCS Tea Dance (Pulse) - Beeston (Nottingham) (Mids)

0 0%
  • Sat - Modern Jive Freestyle (Pulse) - Bulwell (Nottingham) (Mids)

0 0%
  • Sat - 'Rat Pack' (Ceroc Midlands) - Cannock (Mids)

0 0%
  • Sat - Ceroc South Birmingham - Wythall (Birmingham) (Mids)

1 1.59%
  • Saturday - Chiswick (2 rooms)

3 4.76%
  • Sat - Rocster's Millionaire's Ball - Hove/Brighton

3 4.76%
  • Sat - Intermediate workshops and freestyle - Belfast

3 4.76%
  • Sat - “James Bond” Freestyle - Grays

1 1.59%
  • Sunday - The Boat

2 3.17%
  • Sun - The Blue Room - Beeston (Nottingham) (Mids)

0 0%
  • Sun - Corporate Dance Company - Bromsgrove (Mids)

1 1.59%
  • Sun – Focus Workshop & Tea Dance – Edinburgh

6 9.52%
  • Sun - Paul & Cat's WCS workshop - West Drayton.

2 3.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Who's going where? Weekend 18th/19th/20th April 2008

Re: Who's going where? Weekend 18th/19th/20th April 2008

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    To be fair Daventry does seem to go the extra mile with effort etc
    True. Free water, and plenty of people on the door to avoid queues.

ex.Brum, now in limbo somewhere in the Midlands

Well up to now it has been about £10 so it is a steep jump and not everyone has a pc so I expect some people will have to pay the higher price at the door, and I like most of us are on a tight budget where also you have to take in the account of petrol because we are travelling a long distrance also so yes in my book you are getting two rooms but we have always had that and the extra hours also.

Quote Originally Posted by tsh View Post
    True. Free water, and plenty of people on the door to avoid queues.
    I assume that is a joke ?

The queue last time I went , to get in was a 'joke'

Anyway most cerocers riot if waters over 50p a pint so its a fair point if a 50% rise will effect numbers

I assume that is a joke ?

The queue last time I went , to get in was a 'joke'

Anyway most cerocers riot if waters over 50p a pint so its a fair point if a 50% rise will effect numbers
    I call it sarcasm.

Anyway, last time I went, the 2nd room didn't open at the same time as the main room (and I don't go for the main room) so it's likely to be more like 5 hours than 7 hours of freestyle.

Registered User Northants Girly's Avatar

To be fair Daventry does seem to go the extra mile with effort etc
    You ARE joking right?

If you aren't joking S38 please explain what extra effort you have seen at Daventry. The only good thing I can remember about it was Marc/Rachel's music in the 2nd room.

You have to queue for forever to buy a drink at the bar (and then they don't always have basic stuff in stock such as coke soda water etc etc),

last time I heard folk were even queing in the rain to get in!

there is no free water - although I have seen jugs of water put out sometimes towards the end of the night only

and then there's the usual huge gender imbalance

I don't know how they can charge what they do I really don't

Quote Originally Posted by Northants Girly View Post
    You ARE joking right?

If you aren't joking S38 please explain what extra effort you have seen at Daventry. The only good thing I can remember about it was Marc/Rachel's music in the 2nd room.

You have to queue for forever to buy a drink at the bar (and then they don't always have basic stuff in stock such as coke soda water etc etc),

there is no free water - although I have seen jugs of water put out sometimes towards the end of the night only

The only good thing I can remember about it was Marc/Rachel's music in the 2nd room.
    I just want to point out that Marc and Rachel do an amazing job with the 2nd room, both in terms of music and setting up the room - shame that the rest of the event lets them down...

Sean

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Actually, you have just reminded me of all the things I didn't like about last time!
    Also, as TSH reminded us, the second room didn't open till late, then just as it got good, they closed the main room, which badly effected the 'mood' in the blues room, as the DJ's decided to cater to the 'main room' influx!

I'm going to have another think about it now, as its a long way for me to come.

(even though, I bought a hat and various 'other bits' for it yesterday )
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

I have been on the phone to my other friends who are not on the forum and also two who do not have a pc so was not aware of the price increase or this paying online to get it cheaper, and they have said they are not sure if to come now or take a chance on going to Pulse instead, which spoil's it now as we are split about going. I only found out myself yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Actually, you have just reminded me of all the things I didn't like about last time!
    Also, as TSH reminded us, the second room didn't open till late, then just as it got good, they closed the main room, which badly effected the 'mood' in the blues room, as the DJ's decided to cater to the 'main room' influx!

I've just booked and it says my tickets are non transferable, whats that all about its not gender balanced (although the confirmation was via Utopia ? do they run Daventry now) Anyway maybe another thread

Overall ive always had a great time at Daventry so reminding myself of the small bad bits does me no good

Anyway I assume no queues to get in and free water and cakes and sweets this time

I think there was sweets last time I went ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post

Hearing all of this - starting to have doubts too now

Quote Originally Posted by Yliander View Post
    Hearing all of this - starting to have doubts too now
    Not allowing myself to have doubts. Tickets are bought, first time for me at Daventry and I will have a good time.

Yli, I'm counting on you for a couple of dances - be there........................

I'm hoping that the 2nd room doesn't get too fast later on, rare enough for opportunities for lots of blues outside the weekenders for me so I want to make the most of it. If the DJs change the mix too much we just need to keep pestering them to put on tracks we want. If that doesn't work then I'll vore with my feet next time round.

Will be carrying water in my dance bag like normal just in case the native supply runs out................. And of course I always carry chocolate for the early morning munchies

Ceroc DJ

I'm feeling good about the music right now. Looking back over the last 6 months my understanding of Main room and Blues room dynamics has improved, mainly through doing more main room sets midweek. This contrasts sharply with the 2 room Blues nights and hybrid nights such as Rugby and Ashtons.

The key word I'm thinking of is compromise. Now I understand more fully what should be happening in the Main room, I'm better placed to make informed decisions about the back room music.

Many people will float between rooms as they create their own middle ground. Many more will be in the big hall for the entire evening for a no compromise Main Room set. I'm expecting others will plan to sink into Blues and all of its sub genres without the stark interruption of main room flow.

I'm lucky enough to have worked alongside fantastic DJ's who really know their stuff and have helped me get a grip on how it should feel. We are on top of how it should look with the lighting and how it should sound with extra speakers to evenly spread the load. We should hopefully have dibbs on the comfy sofas and have requested the stage be taken out to give everyone more space.

I will work on making the main room closing dynamic shift smooth for everyone by compromising in a no compromise fashion.

It worked better at Christmas when the main room kept going until about 1:30 am. That time made more sense for a two room event which goes on until 3:00am or even later. What has caused a problem previously is when the main room has shut down at midnight and you get a large influx of non-blues room dancers into the blues room as that is the only place you can then continue dancing.

Anyone know when the main room will be closing this time?

Regarding drinks - the situation last Christmas was I agree very bad with inflated prices and limited availability. Hopefully this time we will be back to normal prices which means water at 30p a pint. At least there will a proper bar in the blues room this time as it will be back in the Saxon Suite room rather than the upstairs dance studio, and with the stage removed there should be plenty of space.

Ceroc DJ

One of these statements isn't true. Can you guess which?

1 -Just been speaking with Bradders. He's happy for us to open the Blues Room at our discretion with no disruptions.

2 -We will make announcements for the class and the cabaret, but the music will continue for those who wish to dance.

3 -They are also putting extra people/ laptops on the door to speed up entry.

4 -We've secured extra fans.

5 -The extremely rare picture disc of Chesney Hawkes has arrived through the post today.

Just need to give this 12" a good polish and we'll be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    I was just wondering what I was going to do with myself this weekend until I noticed that Winnersh has got the first of it's freestyle nights. If the Monday nights are anything to go by then I have high expectations of a good night -can't wait.

Suddenly my weekend is looking up. Although I won't be able to go to the WCS workshop & T-dance on Sunday but meeting 'ladies who lunch'

M
    Sorry M these freestyles aren't happening at Winnersh now

Possibly see you Sunday though!

Bex

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Forster View Post

1 -Just been speaking with Bradders. He's happy for us to open the Blues Room at our discretion with no disruptions.

2 -We will make announcements for the class and the cabaret, but the music will continue for those who wish to dance.

5 -The extremely rare picture disc of Chesney Hawkes has arrived through the post today.

Hopefully not that one!

I will be at Daventry and personally cannot wait! Looking forward to seeing many friends I haven't seen for a while and to Chesney now! C'mon Marc.. Play it.. Play it .. Play it!!! I will dance with you to it and we can cheeze it up..

the fans I hope, I carn't stand the blowing, it flufs my hair up!

aaarrr me Jim lad.........

You ARE joking right?

Well it is 2 rooms, 7 hours of dancing, and at least one star DJ.

I don't know of anywhere else you would get that outside a weekender.

So about the same per hour as a standard freestyle, but the choice of two rooms, and a greater variety of people to dance with.

Some extra effort to move it further south would be appreciated though.

Thread Information