Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ceroc Metro Jive Masters video

Ckeeky git!!

When are you coming back to Aberdeen? Will you make the next BB party?

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Ceroc Franchisee & Teacher cerocmetro's Avatar
    Originally posted by Lorna
    Ckeeky git!!

When are you coming back to Aberdeen? Will you make the next BB party?

Lotsa love Lorna x-x
    There is a chance, Franck is going to let me know soon I think. But we are trying to arrange something soon. I need to get up there anyway, I need my Scottie fix

Luv to all the gang
    Adam

Originally posted by Bill
    Watched most of the video again and interesting how having time can change how and what you see. The first time round I'd have agreed more or less with the final places but seeing it again I would still have placed Nikky and Robert first but would have changed a few of the other places and even the finalists.

Although as Gadget and Steve have indicated thta it's almost impossible to say what modern jive is, tehre were a few couples who seemed to be doing lindy all the way through rather than jive. I know a lot of moves are similar but I thought they were different types of dance so I'd have marked down anyone who wasn't 'jiving'.

Also realised that one couple who I thought were very good completely ignored the lyrics and tempo of the slow song while at least two others did the 'set' moves I've seem them do before - almost in the same order in each round.

I think this points to how difficult it is to judge. It's very much about impression although it's pretty clear who is and isn't a very good dancer but interestingly most of the best men did very little ( or appeared to) while others seemed to be doing too much and struggling a little bit.

Some great variety in styles though and some lovley dancing.
    Simon Selmon and Taina Kortalainen were dancing (as far as i am aware) Hollywood Swing. If you watch their first round dancing to Swing Lover and Would You? again you can see how brilliant they were in adapting a limited number of moves to two very different tempo tracks. For me their performance to swing lover was the highlight of the video - I didn't get to see it live. Some of the tracks in later rounds did not suit them so well. I thought they did really well, given that they could have walked it in Lindy Hop or Blues but modern jive isn't their main strength.

I agree completely that the best male dancers can look as they are doing very little. But watch closely as there is more emphasis on body leads and probably on dancing in a slot (certainly true of Simon and Taina).

With songs such as Vem Vet or Tango in Harlem I would rather see west coast swing danced than modern jive - all credit to those who managed to use their jive moves to tracks like these......

B.T.C.
    Originally posted by Yogi_Bear
    I agree completely that the best male dancers can look as they are doing very little. But watch closely as there is more emphasis on body leads and probably on dancing in a slot (certainly true of Simon and Taina).

And very true of Nigel. It's only when you try and copy a move from someone like this that you realise how much they actually do and how easy they make it look as if they are doing nothing.

have to watch the video again and see if I change my mind again

Blog Entries
    where please can one make the purchase to enjoy of a cold January evening????

Ceroc Franchisee & Teacher cerocmetro's Avatar
    Originally posted by Chicklet
    where please can one make the purchase to enjoy of a cold January evening????
    Hi Chicklet,

The video can be purchased direct from CerocMetro. You can call on 07768 005858 and pay by credit card, or email ceroc@hotmail.com and pay by cheque. There is a 6% charge for credit card payments.

We will send out the video same day.

Hope this helps.

Adam

Originally posted by Bill
    And very true of Nigel. It's only when you try and copy a move from someone like this that you realise how much they actually do and how easy they make it look as if they are doing nothing.

have to watch the video again and see if I change my mind again
    Quite right! And I'd like to add my own thanks to Adam and Ceroc Metro for producing such a high quality video in such a short space of time. I'm looking forward to Ceroc Masters 2004.....at least the rounds in Chigwell that I can actually travel to, now that it's going nationwide and international.

Fab video, no tack - just got myself a copy..

G

Well done to L (esp good in the heats)..

Thread Information