Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clangers on the dance floor

Clangers on the dance floor

Just looking for a laugh out there and wondered if anyone had any "classic" situo's happen to them whilst dancing?

Incidents that have occured in our part of the world which have gone down in the record books as "exciting incidents" were. My husband was dancing with a friend of ours and he generally sings very loudly. On this occasion he was also chewing gum. He puts her into a drop, and unfortunately the gum fell out of his mouth and landed into her eye

Second incident, one of our guys who was dressed as a cherub for Valentines Day, ended up with his belly piecing caught up in the girl's fluffy jumper whilst executing a layback. Luckily we had a pair of scissors on hand to perform minor surgery. The jersey didn't make it unfortunately.

And third incident for those guys who insist on dancing with cell phones in their pockets, be aware! It is possible for us ladies to actually make phone calls at your expense during a check sit.

Any other "funnies" out there?

Re: Clangers on the dance floor

Demoing on stage with female teacher. Doing a in & out where you go to each side then back, so the hands have to come out to the sides. My hand slipped and I ended up groping said teacher. On the stage. In front of the whole (80ish) class.

Not dropping my elbow coming out of a yoyo.....when I was still fairly new to dancing (three months in), as I was quite tense, I accidently got the guy dancing next to me on the floor in the throat. Luckily he saw the funny side, but I was mortified

I'm sure this has been done tons of times before *red*

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was having a great dance at Daventry one night, with Ji vep but as he span me out, we had a slight collision with another couple, nothing bad, so we carried on dancing.

After the dance finished, I noticed that it felt like something was tugging on my hair, its long and sometimes gets stuck under my armpit when i'm hot, so I ran my hand through to free it, only to discover a pair of glasses hanging there.

I looked round and suddenly saw the couple we'd had the collision with, both on all fours desperately searching for them!

ooops!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

I managed to headbutt my partner coming out of a layback rather quicker than I'd intended (must have been the lead )

Unfortunately it was during a heat in a latin competition

Juju

Is it just me or did anyone else read "clangers on the dance floor" and get completely the wrong idea?

I was dancing with a woman I knew at a local venue when all of a sudden, mid dance, she screamed and went running off the dancefloor leaving me standing alone. I went bright red with embarrasement and went to find her to see what I'd done??

Turns out that the doors were open because it was so hot and the wind had blown a leaf in and accross the dancefloor. She had seen said leaf and thought it was a mouse!!

I have never felt so embarrassed standing on that floor all alone!!

Commercial Operator

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HelenB View Post
    I managed to headbutt my partner coming out of a layback rather quicker than I'd intended
    You normally headbutt more slowly ? give them a fighting chance to dodge ?

Quote Originally Posted by Juju View Post
    Is it just me or did anyone else read "clangers on the dance floor" and get completely the wrong idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by straycat264 View Post

Nope, me too

A friend of mine introduced his new girlfriend to me at Hipsters and she and I went off to dance.

She was wearing a very nice blue sparkly, halter neck, backless tabbard which did not hide the fact that she had an extremely nice figure.

During the dance it quickly became obvious that the tabbard was not secure enough and as she span her body went around more quickly than the tabbard and a very fine and pert breast would pop into view. I tried to avoid looking but they were way too nice to ignore.

The lady seemed to be completely unaware that this was happening, despite the surrounding men locking onto the show like getting missile radar lock.

I tried doing moves that didn't involve spins to try and minimise her emmbarrasment when she realised. I could carry on and enjoy the show or I could tell her about it to minimise her embarrasement.

I brought her into close hold and told her about it and kept her in close hold while she tightened up the various ties.

I did the right and decent thing. I just felt like a traitor to my gender for curtailling the show.

I often do a move like a catapult but keeping hold of both hands and ducking down as the follower passes to my left. One time I thought I'd try switching it around so she'd pass on the right but instead I somehow ended up kneeling on the floor with her mounted on my back sitting and wondering what to do next..

Quote Originally Posted by Chef View Post
    I brought her into close hold and told her about it and kept her in close hold while she tightened up the various ties.

Exacterly what we would expect from a gentelman like you Laurence, thats why were safe in your hands

Quote Originally Posted by Chef View Post
    A friend of mine introduced his new girlfriend to me at Hipsters and she and I went off to dance.

She was wearing a very nice blue sparkly, halter neck, backless tabbard which did not hide the fact that she had an extremely nice figure.

During the dance it quickly became obvious that the tabbard was not secure enough and as she span her body went around more quickly than the tabbard and a very fine and pert breast would pop into view. I tried to avoid looking but they were way too nice to ignore.

The lady seemed to be completely unaware that this was happening, despite the surrounding men locking onto the show like getting missile radar lock.

I tried doing moves that didn't involve spins to try and minimise her emmbarrasment when she realised. I could carry on and enjoy the show or I could tell her about it to minimise her embarrasement.

I did the right and decent thing. I just felt like a traitor to my gender for curtailling the show.
    You are the perfect gentleman Chef - what a lovely thing to do.

LOL Fletch great minds think alike hmm?
    Last edited by Kel_Warminster; 1st-April-2008 at 12:20 PM. Reason: See my comment!

My chest get in the way regularly, to my amusment.

When they were first done, it took a while for the feeling to come back so I would be totaly unaware of it, with the guy apologising and me asking why? making them feel even worse trying to explain.

Donna

I know a lady with extremely long eyelashes that was dancing with someone who's watch caught them and ripped them out as he was spinning her. brings tears to my eyes everytime i think about it!

I had one embarrassing moment... this Australian guy ( you know how athletic they are!) was touring around different venues in the UK, and he came along to my local in Wrexham. He ran through this move with me where by he throws me up in the air, across his right side, then across his left and inbetween his legs. So far so good, we practiced it most of the night and it went down really well... except at the end of the night, when dropped me right on my back on the floor, and to make it worse, he stumbled right on top of me.. all I could see when I looked up was his face right in mine.. and further up.. loads of other faces of those that stopped to take a good look! Who said aussies were that athletic!

Or the one where the Lead holds the shoulder of the Follow who turns slightly crouched with head down and rises up under an uplifted elbow.
    Except I forgot to lift my elbow and her nose hit the back of my forearm.
    Blood all over the toilet floor.
    She never danced again.

I still think about her two years later.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dep View Post
    Or the one where the Lead holds the shoulder of the Follow who turns slightly crouched with head down and rises up under an uplifted elbow.
    Except I forgot to lift my elbow and her nose hit the back of my forearm.
    Blood all over the toilet floor.
    She never danced again.
    I usually try dancing on the dancefloor. Maybe that would help?

Commercial Operator

Is it a clanger to grab the breast of a female lead and hold on firmly as they are about to put you into a drop?

Yes?

In that case my clanger occured last night.

I may have been holding her left t*t, but I felt a right one...

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CheesyRobMan View Post
    Demoing on stage with female teacher. Doing a in & out where you go to each side then back, so the hands have to come out to the sides. My hand slipped and I ended up groping said teacher. On the stage. In front of the whole (80ish) class.
    it was a side to side slidebreak..... yes i was the teacher!!! But i think we managed to carry on dancing without anyone else realising!

I sometimes do a move which involves 4 windmills, 2 spins, 2 windmills and 1 spin that has to be done to fast music or it doesn't look or feel right. I was doing the move a few months ago with Susan from Stirling, she's quite a tall lassie and I hadn't allowed for her height; on the 3rd or 4th windmill I didn't raise my arm high enough and I whacked her right on her nose with my elbow, which stopped her dead in her tracks - I did martial arts many years ago and didn't realise my Empi was so good

Thread Information