Thread: freestyle 12th April 08

freestyle 12th April 08

Hi all
    I am looking for a freestyle on Sat 12th April in the area of midlands up to as far as nantwich area etc. I know it's a little early but I am trying to get a group of friends to come along to see if i can get them into this addictive dance.
    If there's nothing much going on that Sat, i'll change it to this coming Sat when i know there is some excellant venue's on, but i have to work fast to ensure i can get all my friends there

Thanks for any help on this

xx

Re: freestyle 12th April 08

There's loads on.

This is just my take on these Venues.

Stockport.....large venue, not very good sound sytem, but nice DJ, mixed ability dancers, its been off my dance venue list since NYE.

Knutford...Keith and Janey run it, two of the nices people you will meat in MJ, its a very well run venue, smaller than Stockport, the dancers IMO will be of a higher standard and the music will be more challenging, its a step up from Stockport, in every way.

Glouchester
    this is where I will be if I don't end up at weston, I love Glocester, run by John Baker, he has the same taste in music as me, and you get a real variety of people, I like a bit of everything, you will get at Glos, very friendly and fun.

The Dashing Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    Stockport.....large venue, not very good sound sytem, but nice DJ, mixed ability dancers, its been off my dance venue list since NYE.
    Are you talking about the same Stockport as the one running on the 12th? Blitz ran an event in Stockport Town Hall on NYE - but that's not the same venue or dance company as is on 12th April (which is a Ceroc event in Poynton)?
    Knutford...Keith and Janey run it, two of the nices people you will meat in MJ, its a very well run venue, smaller than Stockport, the dancers IMO will be of a higher standard and the music will be more challenging, its a step up from Stockport, in every way.
    I can't find this on the 12th either?

Ceroc Nantwich is on - there are better nights, but it's OK, and has the virtue of a roomy dance floor.
    Love dance, will travel

Ahh. Did you ever get a reason why the kids weren't allowed in? From what I saw on Saturday, Joe etc had more talent than a lot of men I see week in week out.

They have moved to Northwich. Knutsford has been taken over and the room layout is different giving more dancefloor space.

Then there is the Nantwich freeestyle on Sat 12th April (£7 - 8 till 12).

Quote Originally Posted by DavidY View Post
    Are you talking about the same Stockport as the one running on the 12th? Blitz ran an event in Stockport Town Hall on NYE - but that's not the same venue or dance company as is on 12th April (which is a Ceroc event in Poynton)?I can't find this on the 12th either?

Ceroc Nantwich is on - there are better nights, but it's OK, and has the virtue of a roomy dance floor.
    I was talking about the Stockport who ran an event on NYE.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven666 View Post
    Ahh. Did you ever get a reason why the kids weren't allowed in? From what I saw on Saturday, Joe etc had more talent than a lot of men I see week in week out.

They have moved to Northwich. Knutsford has been taken over and the room layout is different giving more dancefloor space.

Then there is the Nantwich freeestyle on Sat 12th April (£7 - 8 till 12).
    Did I ever get a reason, NO the responce from my warm friendly text was.......NO 18+ it didn't leave me with good feeling when I have regularly danced with under 18's at Stockport.

Joe's comming on, he's driving me mad, where we going at the weekend mom, who will be there, and sliding on his heals in my conservitory leaving black marks......thanks Amy, Pete and Lucky for teaching him these moves.

You can tell I havn't been 'up north' for a while

Did I ever get a reason, NO the responce from my warm friendly text was.......NO 18+ it didn't leave me with good feeling when I have regularly danced with under 18's at Stockport.
    I'm pretty sure I have too.

oh don't start that again!

Quote Originally Posted by demonic_chick View Post
    Hi all
    I am looking for a freestyle on Sat 12th April in the area of midlands up to as far as nantwich area etc. I know it's a little early but I am trying to get a group of friends to come along to see if i can get them into this addictive dance.
    If there's nothing much going on that Sat, i'll change it to this coming Sat when i know there is some excellant venue's on, but i have to work fast to ensure i can get all my friends there

Thanks for any help on this

xx
    Fyi
    Berkhamsted , 2 rooms freestyle is on, but that may be a bit of a journey for you?

Thread Information