Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Hot & Blues - 21 March

Cool Red Hot & Blues - 21 March

Went North this week to Edinburgh and had the good fortune for the trip to coincide with Dance Demon's Red Hot & Blues Night. I've been there before so know what to expect and I was not disappointed

What a night.

4 1/2 hours of brilliant music with some amazing dancers. The Demon was his usual self, playing a superb mix of blues, latin etc. Of course we weren't dancing until the sun came up, but other than that if you closed your eyes you could almost have been in the Blues Room at Southport....

I had a great night where I hope I helped the many ladies I had the pleasure to dance with play with some great music – it is crazy to hear that many venues (and guys) don’t seem to let the ladies have some playtime - shame on you all.

Hard for me to single out anyone, every partner brought something unique onto the floor with them and there were so many exceptional dances to choose from. However, getting down and dirty with Esther certainly managed to raise my blood pressure and a 4-track set with Farzana (sorry can’t remember your Forum name) was definitely the most fun I had all night.

Definitely felt it this morning though, aching in places that I'd forgotten I had. Thank goodness the trip south is in the train, I can sit down with a cup of hot cocoa and let my poor old muscles recover on the way back to Cambridgeshire so I can get ready for tomorrow night at my normal 'home' at Jive Nites …………

Re: Red Hot & Blues - 21 March

Quote Originally Posted by Agente Secreto View Post
    ........However, getting down and dirty with Esther certainly managed to raise my blood pressure and a 4-track set with Farzana (sorry can’t remember your Forum name) was definitely the most fun I had all night. …………
    Can't have some Cambridge guy coming up and stealing our dancers. No wonder I only managed one dance with each.
    Next time it's pistols at 7paces (eyesight's not good enough at 10).

But, back to last night.
    I got some cake, LM it was brill, thanks. And for those two dances

Our visitors turned up in great numbers, one even came back from Philli.
    Lots of new faces to play with and some well kent ones that still tolerate me.

Thanks to you all.

What a night.

It really was a great night - I thoroughly enjoyed myself. It was fairly quiet when we arrived but got busier very quickly. To be honest the dancefloor was verging on the crowded at times with several minor knocks and collisions, but the atmosphere was great with no one seeming to take offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Agente Secreto
    ...a 4-track set with Farzana (sorry can’t remember your Forum name) was definitely the most fun I had all night...

Thank you! You were definitely my find of the night (in fact, probably my find of the year!). I hope it's not too long until our next dance - will you be up in this neck of the woods again anytime soon?

And you spelled my name correctly! Not many manage to do that first off

Quote Originally Posted by dep View Post
    Can't have some Cambridge guy coming up and stealing our dancers. No wonder I only managed one dance with each.
    We danced, dep? But I don't know who you are! Make sure you introduce yourself next time

...I got some cake, LM it was brill, thanks...
    Thanks for the cake, LM, it was yummy Also thanks to Gadget for the shoulder massage; it was lovely to see you as we rarely get a chance to dance.

All in all, a brilliant night; lots of things just seemed to come together.
    to John and Irene for organising it all.

Quote Originally Posted by firefly View Post
    We danced, dep? But I don't know who you are! Make sure you introduce yourself next time
    It was only after Agente's comment that I identified you (had a look at your profile-definitely).
    Yes, we danced. Does 118 mean anything?

Commercial Operator

Does 118 mean anything?

Sorry I missed last night... And AS being up too...

That said, thanks for our recent dance, dep... I look forward to our next...

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post

Sorry I missed last night... And AS being up too...

That said, thanks for our recent dance, dep... I look forward to our next...
    I'll try and get in some more following practice before our next.
    BTW,
    it was not that funny, but do you know the other nick name they have used?

Quote Originally Posted by firefly View Post

Thank you! You were definitely my find of the night (in fact, probably my find of the year!). I hope it's not too long until our next dance - will you be up in this neck of the woods again anytime soon?

All in all, a brilliant night; lots of things just seemed to come together.
    to John and Irene for organising it all.
    It was indeed a brilliant night but disappointed I didn't dance with AS. Must have been too busy laughing at/with Alan and trying to wind up Aurion. Next time please ....

I had a really good time last night too. Was great to see everybody – in particular all the dancers down from Dundee and Perth. Thanks to everyone I managed to get a dance or two with. Sorry I missed some folks.

Would be great to have a night like this in Glasgow.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Commercial Operator

BTW,
    it was not that funny, but do you know the other nick name they have used?
    It was too!! Am totally unfamiliar wit any nicknames for U. I just thought 118 was self depracation... my favourite sense of humour...

Firefly, I will be planning on making my trips North coincide with RH&B as often as I can - i always have a great night and I did come off the dance floor after our dance with a big smile on my face so you're definitely on my list for the future.

Dep - I'm not a Cambridge guy I'm just some poor lost Scotsman living SOTB that needs to come home every once in a while. Remember that stealing dancers would imply intending to deprive you of them permanently. I only borrow them and return them, hopefully undamaged, at the end of a couple of tracks (or sometimes 4 in special cases)
    Last edited by Agente Secreto; 22nd-March-2008 at 05:44 PM. Reason: pressed button before completing

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    I just thought 118 was self depracation... my favourite sense of humour...
    I am thick skinned enough to be able to stand back and laugh with you all.

Dep - I'm not a Cambridge guy I'm just some poor lost Scotsman living SOTB that needs to come home every once in a while. Remember that stealing dancers would imply intending to deprive you of them permanently. I only borrow them and return them, hopefully undamaged, at the end of a couple of tracks (or sometimes 4 in special cases)
    I had a look at your profile after I posted, to discover you're a despicable expat Edinburgher that now claims to be poor, who deliberately deprives us dyed in the wool aliens from our rights (to dance as often as we are tolerated by our best Followers). Undamaged!! Did you see the state Esther was in after you'd done your evil deed? Did you care?

PS.
    If Alien has you foxed try finding out what T stands for.

First R H & B for me and I had a great time. Great music, great venue, great people, great cake, brilliant relaxed atmosphere.

Thank to everyone I danced with: Dep, Knightengale, DundeeDancer, The Passion Harem, Alan, Crossa and the others whose names I don't know.

Special thanks to Aurion for loads of lovely dances, to Ducasi - the tracks we were dancing to were more challenging than usual but I really enjoyed them, to Gadjet - dancing with you is like floating on air.

Didn't get a chance to dance with AS or Brian from Sirling - you were in too much demand.

Nice to say hello to another few forum faces: Jeanie, Freudian Hips, Firefly.

My favourite comment from the evening was from DundeeDancer when we met - "I thought you would be really tall"

Er...no

Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post

My favourite comment from the evening was ............
    that's why I always have a ladder strapped to my back. So I can climb out of the hole I've just dug, if she'll let me.

that's why I always have a ladder strapped to my back. So I can climb out of the hole I've just dug, if she'll let me.
    Perhaps a ladder is what I need.....or stilts.

Commercial Operator

Thanks to everyone who came along on Friday. There was such a lovely atmosphere. Ta for the cake Little Monkey, it was really It was so nice to see so many superb dancers, many who travelled a good distance to be there. And to all the newbies to RH&B, I hope your first time was an enjoyable experience. See Y'all on April 18th..

Quote Originally Posted by Dance Demon View Post
    Thanks to everyone who came along on Friday. There was such a lovely atmosphere. Ta for the cake Little Monkey, it was really It was so nice to see so many superb dancers, many who travelled a good distance to be there. And to all the newbies to RH&B, I hope your first time was an enjoyable experience. See Y'all on April 18th..

Me and Jacqui were at Billy's Funky Friday, so missed RH&B but going by all the above comments it looks like we made a huge mistake. We'll definitely be there on the 18th and I've put all the other 3rd Fridays of the month on my desktop calendar so we won't miss any future RH&Bs (unless Jacqui's on an early evening shift )

Agree with everyone, Friday night was fantastic!
    I had lots of wonderful dances with friends both old and new

Thanks for the great music John could easily danced on for hours more!

Only down side to the night was I missed my Little Black Dress
    particularly for the UCP tracks...

Andy

Thanks to everyone who came along on Friday. There was such a lovely atmosphere.
    Sorry I didn't make it (I would have loved to); got back to an email the night before about being able to take a call on Friday evening without even checking my calendar. That was stupid and I ended up waiting for a call that never came (I did get a fine few games of Team Fortress 2 in though, which were awesome).

Last months RH&B was fantastic so I feel especially stupid for missing this month's. Look forward to the 18th of April though!

Thanks to everyone who came along on Friday. There was such a lovely atmosphere. Ta for the cake Little Monkey, it was really See Y'all on April 18th..
    You're welcome!

Unfortunately I won't be able to come to RH&B in April, as I'll be somewhere near Inverness looking after lots of cats and dogs out in the countryside (and get myself up a few hills plus throw in a party in Inverness on the Saturday night ). Will hopefully be there in May, though!

LM

Thread Information