• Lead alligns with the follow

5 50.00%
  • Follow alligns with the lead

5 50.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Allignment

Re: Allignment

Quote Originally Posted by dep View Post
    Does it matter if the couple move around the floor?
    Or, can Ceroc only be performed as a slotted dance and frowned upon if danced any other way?
    I hope it's 'allowed' I do try not to dissrupt other dancers while moving about the floor

I feel it should be a shared responsibility - if you are a leader it is your responsibiity to lead your partner where you want her/him. If you are a follower, it is your responsibility to try not to deviate too much from the "final destination point". However, being human beings, we usually pile the responsiblity on each other, especially when things don't go according to plan (as they always do!). But the fact the we are called dance partners on the dance floor, should, IMO, indicate that it is a partnership...

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nebula View Post
    I feel it should be a shared responsibility - if you are a leader it is your responsibiity to lead your partner where you want her/him. If you are a follower, it is your responsibility to try not to deviate too much from the "final destination point". However, being human beings, we usually pile the responsiblity on each other, especially when things don't go according to plan (as they always do!). But the fact the we are called dance partners on the dance floor, should, IMO, indicate that it is a partnership...
    its a shared responsibility

Especially if the guy wants to dance in circles around me, i wont always know where he will be, so he needs to be aware of that an align to me if he decides to move from where he was originally.

well I can almost never turn on the spot, so I'm voting for leads should align with follows Whether the few times I have managed to stay in one spot had anything to do with the quality of lead, not sure - but for bolstering my argument, lets say it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadget View Post
    Chaotic neutral

From what I've been taught and how I dance, both partners should always try and remain "flashlighting" each other. Especially true for turns and spins where one partner has just had their back to the other.

In this case, the lead should have started facing their partner and the follower should complete the turn facing the lead (unless led otherwise)
    I usually do end up facing the lead, just not considerably further away than I think was expected.

Thread Information