View Poll Results: Who's going where for Easter? Weekend 21st/22nd/23rd March 2008

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fri – Ashtons – Cricklewood

11 23.91%
  • Fri - Cerocmetro – Cheshunt

2 4.35%
  • Fri - Dance Junction - Rochester.

2 4.35%
  • Fri - CerocChilterns – Chesham

2 4.35%
  • Fri - Ceroc North West - Hyde (Manchester)

2 4.35%
  • Fri - 2 Tone (Mo'Jive) 2 rooms, Jive & Blues/Chillout room - Southampton

2 4.35%
  • Fri - Red Hot & Blue - Edinburgh

10 21.74%
  • Sat - Saturday Showcase - Portsmouth

3 6.52%
  • Sat – Jive+ Rover Club freestyle – Oxford

1 2.17%
  • Sat - Hot and Funky West Coast Swing Freestyle – Coventry

4 8.70%
  • Sat - SalsaJive - Sunderland

0 0%
  • Sat - Strictly Ceroc - Solihull

1 2.17%
  • Sat - Ceroc Nantwich Busk with the Jive Aces! - Nantwich

2 4.35%
  • Sat - Swing & Latin Freestyle - Belfast Boat Club

2 4.35%
  • Sun - Chocolate fountain Night - Jive Nites in Buckden

1 2.17%
  • Other

8 17.39%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Who's going where for Easter? Weekend 21st/22nd/23rd March 2008

Cool Re: Who's going where for Easter? Weekend 21st/22nd/23rd March 2008

If anyone wants a laugh come to the WCS freestyle in Coventry tonight. I can't dance WCS but I'm still going along... some come and have a giggle at me tripping over my own feet.

Seriously. This event looks really good, very friendly organisers starting up something in a fledgling area. So there will plenty of new and newish leads and follows there. An ideal chance to get some practice at WCS in a no pressure environment... there's a class too

Re: Who's going where for Easter? Weekend 21st/22nd/23rd March 2008

Quote Originally Posted by DavidY View Post
    When was that then? I was shopping in Derby at lunchtime today and found them playing (I had a nice dance with Fruity Oranges).
    Just some back from Nantwich and there were a bang in yellow suits playing predominantly too fast to ceroc to under the banner of Jive Aces .... are there two??? Would have joined in but didn't want to incur the wrath of the local Ceroc franchisee () ... though saw Steve666 is now back on the fold.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Just some back from Nantwich and there were a bang in yellow suits playing predominantly too fast to ceroc to under the banner of Jive Aces .... are there two??? Would have joined in but didn't want to incur the wrath of the local Ceroc franchisee () ... though saw Steve666 is now back on the fold.
    Some of it was surely faster than 200bpm.

But the couple who did a dancing set in the second half were brilliant.

I don't see why you couldn't have joined in. It's not as though Ceroc Nantwich owns Nantwichs itself. And it never stopped me in the Asda busk a while ago when my ban waas still in force.

However that ban now isn't in force!

Oxford

Its was a strange night for me.

There seemed to be two main groups of people 'A' list dancers or beginners, not so many middle of the road, which did make it a little hard work, had to concentrate when dancing with the beginners and again with the 'A' listers, to much for me.

Flyn played 'Happy people' R Kelly thank you.

The food was lovely, but I can't eat before I dance, I would have loved it at the end sitting in the comfey chairs chatting with friends scoffing my curry. Food for thought.

The blues room was to dark, you could make eye contact or lip read, essential.

Slightly disappointing, but still a wonderful venue. I will be there again.

Solihull

Not as busy as usual.

had a major wardrobe malfunction.

I loved Duncans music.

it was to cold in the venue.

went to a party on the way home and had some fab salsa lessons

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    Oxford

Its was a strange night for me.

Slightly disappointing, but still a wonderful venue. I will be there again.

WCS in Coventry was an excellent night. Lovely dances, great music, but the venue was freezing. Played some nice blues tracks, a few leads were mixing blues and WC which blended really well.
    Thanks Eva and Pete
    Shame the next event they are putting on clashes with Astons Utopia on the 4th

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven666 View Post
    Some of it was surely faster than 200bpm.
    I was under the impression that they announced the MJ-able tracks, and played chunks of several such songs at a time to give us lowly non-Lindyers a chance to boogie. Still, it didn't stop a square full of people trying to MJ to Sing, Sing, Sing...

Dan

P.S. Steve I should have filmed you dancing in the snow while the Aces played "Let it Snow". Unforgettable moment.
    Last edited by gebandemuishond; 23rd-March-2008 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Added the P.S.

Quote Originally Posted by gebandemuishond View Post
    I was under the impression that they announced the MJ-able tracks, and played chunks of several such songs at a time to give us lowly non-Lindyers a chance to boogie.
    I didn't say all the tracks were non-MJable. I didn't see much ... got there for the end of their first set and saw some of the second set. First time I've seen them ... not bad. Used to trying to MJ to fast live bands ... used to go to see the Fat Cats and King Pleasure

My only real observation is that as a busk it didn't seem that effective. Not many people watching compared to previous years and didn't see anyone passing out Ceroc flyers .... but then again the bitter conditions were working against you.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by JoannaC View Post
    WCS in Coventry was an excellent night. Lovely dances, great music, but the venue was freezing. Played some nice blues tracks, a few leads were mixing blues and WC which blended really well.
    Thanks Eva and Pete

I had a fantastic time last night. As many of you know I was very nervous about this event. It was well and truly outside of my comfort zone but I figured I had to take that plunge if I wanted to learn to WCS.

Thanks to the people that messaged me with words of encouragement. It was thanks to you that I bit the bullet and went. Also a huge thanks to Pete,Eva and Chelsea - you guys were great. You made the whole evening feel friendly and were very approachable. I thought that I was going to feel very intimidated but I was so wrong. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming. Now that I have survived my first WCS freestyle the next one will be easier and yes there will be a next one.

I had a really fab night at the dinner-dance at Eynsham Hall on Good Friday. Roy & Melissa always put on such great events in the most amazing venues.

The Indian buffet was excellent, although I did worry that those of us who had eaten might have been less than alluring to dance with for those who came later for the freestyle. There was plenty of food at the buffet and free water for the freestyle. The chill-out area was the hotel's reception - furnished with very comfy & classy sofas and a real fire in the huge fireplace, as befitting a posh country manor. Far removed from the usual facilities one finds at normal freestyle venues. In fact, I was so comfortable chilling out that it was almost an effort to get up and go into either the main hall or blues room for a boogie. I did have some superb dances with young Frankie, the very cool 'H', and the very hot PhilW. Not forgetting my Mr B, of course, whose many uses extend to foot-massages and collecting the car from the carpark during the blizzard at the end of the evening .

Many thanks to Ceroc Oxford for yet another brilliant event, and at such amazing value too. Cant' wait for their Ivory Ball at the same venue in June.

Anyone for Winnersh tonight?

In addition to the lovely Nicole Beckey's teaching, there is a promise (so I'm told) of easter eggs flying around . DavidB & I will brave the snow-storms to get there - need to catch me some flying easter eggs.

Details see Welcome To Ceroc Thames Valley!

Quote Originally Posted by LilyB View Post
    Anyone for Winnersh tonight?

In addition to the lovely Nicole Beckey's teaching, there is a promise (so I'm told) of easter eggs flying around . DavidB & I will brave the snow-storms to get there - need to catch me some flying easter eggs.

Details see Welcome To Ceroc Thames Valley!
    ooo sounds good - might just have to get myself organsied to do a little dancing before picking up returning travellers

Cool Re: Who's going where for Easter? Weekend 21st/22nd/23rd March 2008

Why is the long bank holiday weekend so sparse for choice when it comes to dancing? We got out dancing, but some of our choices were made by Mr Hobsen.

I'd be interested to hear from organisers why there's so little on over the Easter break. It was the same last year too.

Over and out...
    (A puzzled little Stokie)

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post
    Why is the long bank holiday weekend so sparse for choice when it comes to dancing? We got out dancing, but some of our choices were made by Mr Hobsen.

I'd be interested to hear from organisers why there's so little on over the Easter break. It was the same last year too.

Over and out...
    (A puzzled little Stokie)

over and out

Pulse Nottingham last nite.

I always find Pulse at Nottingham even though its small, its a very friendly venue.

Last nite was no exception, I was met on the way in by some of the locals asking if I was going to do the Karoke after the dancing had finished. Just a shame that there had been a management change since last Easter and the Venue closed at 12.30.

Wonderful to spend time with Twirly Bird, Stokie and Eve.
    TB wow, WOW, and WOW. Those Victoria Beckham jeans were to die for. Maddie couldn't dance properly for looking at your Ar$e, and yes Maddie if you hadn't spent £260 extra on your phone in the last few weeks, you could have had a pair

I met some really nice people, Andy who was involved in a group called FOCUS which helps new people to become dancers (I think), sometimes things get lost in the interpretation which might explain why he told TB that he had been talking to me about the 'Fletcherettes' and we were very similiar as he was "also is involved with people that have learning difficulties"

I also got talking to a fab lady called Julie who had fallen victim to 'The Twat in the Hat'.

As they say it was his loss, the fabulous Paul like a knight in shining armour came to her rescue not allowing his negative refusal to crush her confidence, you look fab together, good luck to you both.

Julie, see you on the floor Northern Souling, your a girl after my own heart.

The music was very good, I even got 1 lindy, 1 WCS, and a swing dance in yeah!

and yes why is the dancing so bleek at Easter, i'm going for a flippin meal tonight, thats how bad thing are.

True, this long week-end has been thin on the dancing front but for me things really pick up this week:

Tuesday - popping into Northampton Saints for the last hour or so cos I haven't been there for a while
    Thursday - Rugby class night with Marc and Rachel
    Friday - Rugby Free-style so more Marc and Rachel (and why not)
    Saturday - Sara White's Spring Ball at St. Neots

Hopefully there will be a few forumites at the last two events on my list. It promises to be a very good week.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Leader View Post
    Hopefully there will be a few forumites at the last two events on my list. It promises to be a very good week.
    Will be at Rugby on Friday. See you there LL. Put me down for a few dances.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlie Bird View Post
    Will be at Rugby on Friday. See you there LL. Put me down for a few dances.
    certainly will

Thread Information