Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non dancers at Weekenders

Non dancers at Weekenders

I’m not suggesting its just non dancers that tend to get totally pissed , my partner had a nasty incident from a forumite who was clearly pissed/stoned at Southport but should weekenders be just for dancers or for anyone ?

If your a non dancer surely your more likely to get bored ??

I finding the atmosphere changing at weekender very gradually and slowly

3yrs ago it would be highly amusing if you dance with someone drunk/anti social now its more common

Is it just reflecting changes in society?

I appreciate you cant vet people but why would you want a hen night at dance weekender ? Will we need more involvement from security.

The one thing ive always loved about dancing is the feeling no one wants to put a glass in your face i hope that doesnt change

Quote Originally Posted by TA Guy View Post
    I also noticed some heavy duty drinking going on, in particular one girl making her unsteady and unstable way across the small upstairs dance floor with a full drink in each hand splashing copious amounts between the dancers. I don't think it spoiled anyone's evening, but I hope it doesn't get worse in future weekenders and they keep this kind of thing under control.

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    Is it me?

There has always been a level of drinking at a weekender, because of the sheer fact you don't need to drive and it goes on much later, but on the whole its manageable, however this weekend there were a number of insedents that took this to another level as far as i'm concerned.

there were a number of girls on a 'hen night' this weekend some were non dancers, who at one point were so drunk they fell on the dance floor rolling about, they narrowly miss me and my dance partner, as they got up I very softly said' girls if your going to 'lark' about could yo do it on the carpet not the dance floor its dangerous'

Re: Non dancers at Weekenders

I know some non dancers who were talking about going to Blaze, mainly cos they know some people going and they like the fact they can go out somewhere, chill out to some nice music and not be surrounded by lots of people getting drunk!

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    I’m not suggesting its just non dancers that tend to get totally pissed , my partner had a nasty incident from a forumite who was clearly pissed/stoned at Southport but should weekenders be just for dancers or for anyone ?

If your a non dancer surely your more likely to get bored ??

3yrs ago it would be highly amusing if you dance with someone drunk/anti social now its more common

I appreciate you cant vet people but why would you want a hen night at dance weekender ? Will we need more involvement from security.

The one thing ive always loved about dancing is the feeling no one wants to put a glass in your face i hope that doesnt change
    I hope so S38 and I belive the organisers realy need to be vigulent over this, and stamp on it before it get worse.

The girls that were having a go at me on the dance floor were screaming so badly I did think this is going to kick off, then what do I do ? I don't play victim very well, and i'm more than caperble of defending myself, but your right 3 on to 1 and with glasses around, I know exacterly where it would have gone.

Pearsonally I thing the girls should have been asked to leave or at least, an investagation carried out and questioned.

This was not the only drunken insident over the weekend, as Lorry posted on the aftermath thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    I know some non dancers who were talking about going to Blaze, mainly cos they know some people going and they like the fact they can go out somewhere, chill out to some nice music and not be surrounded by lots of people getting drunk!

Why should we stand by and let this happen

let stamp it out now

let stamp it out now
    I agree that this is something that might need to be addressed. But not sure how to go about it...

Funny thing is I was only saying to someone a few days ago about the fact that at MJ weekenders you have hundreds of people, bars open all night and you rarely see anyone drunk. I have seen it at salsa clubs, people who don't dance much, go to have a drink and a bit of a dance - but it ends up with dance floor accidents, drinks spilled all over the dance floor etc...

I think that these were probably a few isolated incidents at Storm but I really wouldn't like to see it as a change in pattern.

A tough one for the organisers to enforce, other than going and asking people who are being dangerous to leave the dance area.

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

I don't see that you can stop people from getting drunk at a weekender. It's not something new either, most weekenders I've been to I've seen drunk people. (I've even been guilty of it myself). I think maybe it was just noticeable because of the hen party incident this time. I'm sure that the famous 'after parties' wouldn't be quite so talked about had everyone been sipping tea at them either. Do you really think it's necessary for an all out war on drunks because of an isolated incident? (or two)

Methinks that a word was needed in the right ear, or the left, ie one of the organizers.

Then it is up to them how they handle the situation.

I have learn,t there is a right and a wrong way to adress these kind of issues.

If the organiser then does nothing then by all means bring it to the attention of the forum, but let them have a chance 1st.

This was a hard and regretful lesson that I was taught by Lindy Loo and Rocky after my horrid post on customer service at Ashtons.

If a short (ish), slim (ish), Welsh man can learn a lesson....Anyone can.

Bring the problem to the attention of the organizers and let them deal with it.

But this type of behaviour is unacceptable, anything which makes us as dancers uncomfortable needs sorting.

Non dancers...They is not right...Bloody Muggles.

DTS Dave. XXX XXX

On the other hand if these girls had waded into Fletch most of the forum would have waded into them with me right in the front row.

DTS Dave XXX XXX

...If your a non dancer surely your more likely to get bored ??

Ceroc weekenders in particular, seem to be getting less specifically focused on dance.

As such they are more attractive to both non dancers and casual dancers.

Good or bad therefore, they're likely to less strongly reflect the traits commonly found in dancers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    I don't see that you can stop people from getting drunk at a weekender. It's not something new either, most weekenders I've been to I've seen drunk people. (I've even been guilty of it myself). I think maybe it was just noticeable because of the hen party incident this time. I'm sure that the famous 'after parties' wouldn't be quite so talked about had everyone been sipping tea at them either. Do you really think it's necessary for an all out war on drunks because of an isolated incident? (or two)
    The issue isn't really getting drunk at a weekender. Its more people getting drunk, being on or around the dance floor, and possibly getting a bit agressive.

People drinking and opting then not to dance, or drinking in the chalet, that's different and does not in any way detract from other people's dance experience.

Being drunk and dancing with people, risking injury, spilling drinks all over the dance floor - this just spoils things for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    Hold on one momoment, firstly i'm not against drunks or waging war on them, however, i'm not paying my money to be called all the 'F' ing bithches, and to be asked to you want a smack, etc, just for asking them to step on the carpet, flippin hec I didn't even say get off the dance floor, I just said lark about on the carpet.

You should know me by now i'v been to enough after parties, am I a miserable anti drink pop drinking prude ?

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    Methinks that a word was needed in the right ear, or the left, ie one of the organizers.

Then it is up to them how they handle the situation.

I have learn,t there is a right and a wrong way to adress these kind of issues.

If the organiser then does nothing then by all means bring it to the attention of the forum, but let them have a chance 1st.

This was a hard and regretful lesson that I was taught by Lindy Loo and Rocky after my horrid post on customer service at Ashtons.

If a short (ish), slim (ish), Welsh man can learn a lesson....Anyone can.

Bring the problem to the attention of the organizers and let them deal with it.

But this type of behaviour is unacceptable, anything which makes us as dancers uncomfortable needs sorting.

Non dancers...They is not right...Bloody Muggles.

DTS Dave. XXX XXX
    I did tell Lindy loo and to be fair she was realy unhappy about it and said it needed sorting, but after telling her and Mike they had enough on there plate without running about after me, I told Mike I was going to tackel them when they were sober and I also told him there recaction, one wasn't sorry at all but ran leaving her mate to handle me alone, who said she was sorry (proberbly a good move at the time)

every one is worth a second chance DTS even me

Being drunk and dancing with people, risking injury, spilling drinks all over the dance floor - this just spoils things for everyone else.

this is my point

I wonder what the reaction would have been if it had all kicked off ? and I gave them a pasting, would I have been the bad one cos they came of worst even though they started it ? I wonder ?

I don't dance with drunks, but I do say look sorry your a bit to drunk for me so im gong to stop dancing with you please dont take offence i'll catch you tomorrow before you have one and I then walk off, I also look for them the next day, its allways good when the have a nice fat hangover.

On the other hand if these girls had waded into Fletch most of the forum would have waded into them with me right in the front row.

DTS Dave XXX XXX

I would have text my support as wasn’t there

The issue isn't really getting drunk at a weekender. It’s more people getting drunk, being on or around the dance floor, and possibly getting a bit aggressive.

People drinking and opting then not to dance, or drinking in the chalet, that's different and does not in any way detract from other people's dance experience.

I don’t care if someone or groups want to get **** face in their room on the beach at 2pm and throw up all day. I don’t care if they lark about or do what ever .Its a weekender and its about fun and I choose to have non stop s** all weekend I will. They can party to 6/8am and if im in Chalet next door tough

What I don’t like is they try to squeeze my friends breast or kiss her on the lips full on and think its fun when pissed etc

The point of thread was ‘is it’ increasing as more and more non dancers attend

The fact that a number of fourmites have already mentioned it within the feed back from STORM suggests its not just now the ‘one off’ ie did you see that silly man falling all over the place

The assumption is many dancer can get **** face but I assume sometimes they will like to dance, non dancer wont

DTS Dave XXX XXX
    this is nice to know

DTS Dave XXX XXX
    As you were not there dave i could have done it as your proxy wader

this is nice to know
    Having met you at storm fletch i hope you know i certainly would have helped you out

Quote Originally Posted by martingold View Post
    As you were not there dave i could have done it as your proxy wader
    Good man if i had been there and there was any aggro Trouble and i have a system...

She goes for the throat and i go for the car.

cant be too careful you know.

DTS Dave XXX XX

Good man if i had been there and there was any aggro Trouble and i have a system...

DTS Dave XXX XX
    having met trouble the other week i think that would work very well

DTS Dave XXX XX
    I use poor grammar and spelling to beat them into submission

Having met you at storm fletch i hope you know i certainly would have helped you out
    I think you migh be a bit shocked, as Gerry was recently, its not my way now, but old habbits die hard.

I aint no ones 'puch bag'

cant be too careful you know

DTS Dave XXX XX

having met trouble the other week i think that would work very well

your a brave man

I use poor grammar and spelling to beat them into submission
    I don't think they could read or right, they looked like they came from a similar place to me, but hadn't managed to srape themselves out of the gutter.

I don't think they could read or right, they looked like they came from a similar place to me, but hadn't managed to srape themselves out of the gutter.

Stewart throws a 'write' hook and Barry scrapes up the mess

I think you migh be a bit shocked, as Gerry was recently, its not my way now, but old habbits die hard.

I aint no ones 'puch bag'
    never thought for one minute that you were but i try to be one of lifes gentlemen and you are certainly one of lifes ladies

your a brave man
    I was kind of thinking that way when i wrote it but thought oh well DTS is a lot closer to her than i am so i will probably get away with it lol

Thread Information