Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non dancers at Weekenders

Re: Non dancers at Weekenders

I would like to contribute, but I'm afraid my comments will start a flame war with the alcohol imbibers.

Quote Originally Posted by dep View Post
    I would like to contribute, but I'm afraid my comments will start a flame war with the alcohol imbibers.
    Fear of flame wars doesn't stop most people on here!

Whilst the organisers can (hopefully) deal with most incidents of anti-social behaviour in dancers at weekenders but having a word/barring them, I'm not sure how they can deal with non-dancers coming along to partake of the booze.

When you book for a Ceroc weekender you don't even have to put your membership number in (which always surprises me a bit). And even if you did, all you'd have to do was turn up to one class to get your card, and you'd have the number. Get restrictive, and you could discourage beginners from coming along.

One thing I have noticed every time at Camber is what I assume to be youngish, non-dancing people standing near the bar and drinking. Sometimes you see some muggle dancing going on, or attempts to copy what the dancers on the floor are doing. They are noticeably not wearing wristbands...

Blog Entries

well ive got to say, i have laughed at the last couple of posts.... DTS you are a one and Martin, im a lover not a fighter...

But all that aside...

This goes back to a thread i started a while back about HMS president, when we were invaded by the next group before we had even finished with bags everywhere and how it shouldn't be allowed.

I think the only way to stop this sort of thing happening is to have members only weekends. You have to be a member of a danceclub or something to attend.

Dont get me wrong, i have a few times had one too many beverages on a dance weekend and once on a dance nite, but less said about that the better , but dancers even when a little tipsy, still only want to dance and understand the etiquettes of what is and what is not acceptable. Non dancers i think tend to use these weekends like a nightclub. All night drinking and a free hand to do as they please.

Fletch's' episode thankfully is something that happens rarely i think, i have not heard or seen anything like it before but what i dont understand is why nobody helped her or made sure she was ok. Surely people must have seen it? Very weird.

Quote Originally Posted by dep View Post
    I had to look 'imbibers' up

You saying im stupid or what ?

Grabs a pint of whisky

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    i dont understand is why nobody helped her or made sure she was ok. Surely people must have seen it? Very weird.
    see here

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    i go for the car.

Women have been blamed for over crowded cars since 1904

OVERCROWDED CARS.; Women Not Responsible for a Condition They Deplore. - Article Preview - The New York Times

well ive got to say, i have laughed at the last couple of posts.... DTS you are a one and Martin, im a lover not a fighter...
    hehehehehe
    Fletch's' episode thankfully is something that happens rarely i think, i have not heard or seen anything like it before but what i dont understand is why nobody helped her or made sure she was ok. Surely people must have seen it? Very weird.
    ok all joking apart i didnt see it going on otherwise i certainly would have jumped in and looked after fletch as you say i would have at least made sure she was ok as thats my way

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    Fear of flame wars doesn't stop most people on here!
    Quite the opposite in fact, they strive to create one.
    One thing I have noticed every time at Camber is what I assume to be youngish, non-dancing people standing near the bar and drinking. Sometimes you see some muggle dancing going on, or attempts to copy what the dancers on the floor are doing. They are noticeably not wearing wristbands...
    Yes, i've seen some too, I presume they are either off duty staff or friends of the staff

what i dont understand is why nobody helped her or made sure she was ok. Surely people must have seen it? Very weird.
    Unless it was over very quickly. Maybe Fletch can give us more details to help us understand. Although I have no doubt, Fletch can handle herself better than most of us can. I've seen her in action before

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    am I a miserable anti drink pop drinking prude ?
    I don't think anyone could ever mistake you for being a prude!!

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    I finding the atmosphere changing at weekender very gradually and slowly
    3yrs ago it would be highly amusing if you dance with someone drunk/anti social now its more common
    The one thing ive always loved about dancing is the feeling no one wants to put a glass in your face i hope that doesnt change
    I was refering to this post, as I really don't think it's changed, obviously I can't speak for Storm as I wasn't there, I'm talking, in general. I've seen very drunk people at every weekender i've been on and I'm talking about dancers, but it has never been accompanied by aggressive behaviour.

Thread Information