Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Guys: a 101 places to keep your keys ,wallet & mobile better than your RIGHT POCKET

Re: Guys: a 101 places to keep your keys ,wallet & mobile better than your RIGHT POCK

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    most of us dance with our followers slightly offset and to the right of us. So our right leg fits between their legs, and for closer dancing the right pocket is therefore best left empty, or at least used for things like handkerchiefs.
    Funny co-incidence, but I've noticed that the Followers also tend to keep their Leaders off to their right in the majority of moves.
    Remember, that old saying:-
    a good Follower lets her Leader think he is leading.

Now, where am I to put my watch, money, dangley (dangly?) ear-rings, etc?

Re: Guys: a 101 places to keep your keys ,wallet & mobile better than your RIGHT POCK

the right pocket is therefore best left empty, or at least used for things like handkerchiefs.
    Oh I have to ask... Why do you need the hanky on your right leg?

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    I personally keep my Keys, Wallet and Phone with me at all times.
    Ok I accept we need to keep a car key (singular) on us
    And yes, we might need a £5 note to buy a glass of water
    But is phone a necessary dance accessory

Sorry Beo just one of those days

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Oh I have to ask... Why do you need the hanky on your right leg?
    the one in my left is for mopping up the glow before it becomes s drip.
    The one in the right is for my snotters.
    I hope our ozzy friends don't need a translation.

Quote Originally Posted by philsmove View Post
    And yes, we might need a £5 note to buy a glass of water
    keep the change, Phil says I've no room in my pocket.

Anyway, yes - good point. I try to transfer any hard objects (fnar fnar) from right pocket to left / back pockets when dancing. It's only polite
    I once bumbed backsides with a guy, forgetting that my right back pocket was full of coins.

Quote Originally Posted by Caro View Post

Yesterday some guys felt like they had a weekend worth of lugagge in their pocket.
    Spotted any shuttlecocks or rolled up socks?

I've been happily putting my keys and wallet on the right because I dance so many (semi-forced) moves where the lady is pulled-in on the left. I don't usually have hip contact on the right ... maybe I should

I'm sure thefts at venues is on a different thread, but it seems pretty commonplace down South. I suspect if you put your car key in your dance bag, your insurer would say you didn't take reasonable care of it.

Keep your friends close, and your possessions closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    I once bumbed backsides with a guy, forgetting that my right back pocket was full of coins.

Not a problem, he probably put it down to selulite

Quote Originally Posted by philsmove View Post
    yes, we might need a £5 note to buy a glass of water
    Quote Originally Posted by dep View Post
    keep the change, Phil says I've no room in my pocket.
    Or even simpler, dance at A****ns, and you won't get any change...

{allegedly}

Quote Originally Posted by David Franklin View Post
    Or even simpler, dance at A****ns, and you won't get any change...

{allegedly}
    All cool, no spare change problems

The Dashing Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by FirstMove View Post
    I'm sure thefts at venues is on a different thread, but it seems pretty commonplace down South. I suspect if you put your car key in your dance bag, your insurer would say you didn't take reasonable care of it.
    There is a warning about theft from venues in some of the emails from Ceroc London. The emails recommend using the cloakroom to store valuables - fine if you're at a venue that has one and trust them, but most of the venues where I dance (outside that area) don't have cloakrooms.

They also say:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceroc London email
    Furthermore the Police recommend you do not leave valuables in your vehicle even in a low crime area.
    Love dance, will travel

Blog Entries

I don't have anything in my pockets when I'm dancing. If it doesn't poke my partners, it'll annoy me so I don't do it.

However, when not dancing, a man-bag seems like overkill for a wallet, key and mobile, and what else are those wallet-sized pockets for?

It just so happens that in ... even some moves in MJ (I have fond memories of a side-to-engrave-my-car-keys-into-your-side, for example ) the guy's right hip / upper thigh becomes a point of connection. So it's not only plain uncomfortable, it is also hindering the dance.
    In a side-to-side, wouldn't it be the guys left hip / upper thigh?

Cool Re: Guys: a 101 places to keep your keys ,wallet & mobile better than your RIGHT POCK

Quote Originally Posted by MartinHarper View Post
    Should your hips be colliding in this move at all? I was taught to block forearm to forearm. Not bring the follow in until you collide with each other's hips. Odd

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Not nearly as horrible as leaving the keys, wallets, mobile phones etc in a jacket or bag and finding some light fingered tea leaf has half inched them !

I personally keep my Keys, Wallet and Phone with me at all times. If it bothers the follower they don't have to accept my dance request.
    Wallet & phone I try to leave at home or locked somewhere in the car (I might pocket one credit card)

Car keys - left or back trouser pocket (or if wearing combats, something I can zip up)

Very often I wear a jacket while dancing - can put a wallet or keys in an inside pocket.

I'm very careful to keep my right trouser pocket(s) completely empty. Partly because of connection reasons Caro's mentioned, and partly because ladies don't seem to like it when one jams a key into their legs. Fussy creatures

I'm gonna substitute an "E" for the "I" - to make it "merengue"
    Each time I've been reading the word in the thread I keep thinking of dudes dancing in desserts or something!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinHarper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post
    Should your hips be colliding in this move at all? I was taught to block forearm to forearm. Not bring the follow in until you collide with each other's hips. Odd
    quite right - I meant side to side lean, which one can do both sides, and got lost in the description at the reminiscence of the key-engraved-in-my-side-part

Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Saligal~*~ View Post
    I'm gonna substitute an "E" for the "I" - to make it "merengue"
    Each time I've been reading the word in the thread I keep thinking of dudes dancing in desserts or something!
    ha sorry - must be bad spelling week
    It drives me nuts (ok it doesn't take a lot) when I re-read my posts, usually 16 minutes after posting and notice some horrific spelling / grammar mistakes...

quite right - I meant side to side lean, which one can do both sides, and got lost in the description at the reminiscence of the key-engraved-in-my-side-part
    That's exactly the reason I empty my trouser pockets of all but a handkerchief before dancing now... leading a lady into a side lean and having her go "ow ow ow!" all the way down and up again isn't the best!

I said that over a page ago. Am I on ignore?

When I started I used to keep everything in my pockets, until someone asked me if I was a janitor? I knew her so took in constructively!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven666 View Post
    I said that over a page ago. Am I on ignore?

When I started I used to keep everything in my pockets, until someone asked me if I was a janitor? I knew her so took in constructively!
    Surely janitors keep everything outside their pockets, on clips and on chains!

Thread Information