Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who really cares about Harry?

Re: Who really cares about Harry?

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post

All hail the mighty (dumb) yanks.

DTS Dave XXX XXX
    Those Yanks are as bad as their enemy IMO

I was reading an article about their Black Prisons dotted all over the world.

There's one here in the UK too.

They can hold you for years without charge, as in the case of the Guetamela black prison in Cuba. They cannot do it if the prison is in the USA as it's against the law, but can do it by proxy having prisons abroad.

Plus this article listed the forms of torture the Americans use.

Water boarding

a Nazi one - handcuff arms behind backs then raise by a rope and silocate the shoulders, leave hanging until "confession" extracted.

Lots of others too.

The judges at the trail of the 9/11 defendants are going to consider whether to allow confessions by torture as admissible evidence. Despite the fact that it is against The Geneva Convention Rules.

But they get round this by torturing outside the USA.

When are people going to stop killing each other. There has never been a time since history began when there has not been a war.

Yes, and it's the men's fault.

Rant over.

No sweetie it is THE POLITICIANS fault.

Twisters and liars every one of them.

DTS Dave XXX XXX

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    No sweetie it is THE POLITICIANS fault.

Twisters and liars every one of them.

DTS Dave XXX XXX
    And how many of the politicians are men?

Someone posted on the forum that she, yes she, didn't think Hillary Clinton could manage as president without Bill's help.

Not that I like Hilary Clinton though. She's like Thatcher, trying to be a man. Honorary men. Why do they want to copy the weaker sex?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidY View Post
    His uncle (Prince Andrew) did something similar in his day. Flying helicopters in the Falklands conflict does sound to me (as a non-military expert) like he laid his life on the line too.
    EXACTLY MY POINT.....!

That was 30 years ago.

Cool Re: Who really cares about Harry?

Quite interesting to see these replies. Just to elaborate I've got nothing against Harry and I admire the fact that he wants to fight with his colleagues. Full marks to him.
    But why the hell is every news programme on every side 80% Harry and 20% proper news, why are our already pathetic TV schedules altered to have 'specials' to repeat what we saw in the last bulletin, and why are they making him out to be the only soldier in Afghanistan.
    To repeat my original posting - Who really cares about Harry??
    I'm sure he doesn't want or need this blanket coverage - If I were him I would love him to hold a press conferance and tell them all to P*#$ off and leave him alone

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    Not that I like Hilary Clinton though. She's like Thatcher, trying to be a man. Honorary men. Why do they want to copy the weaker sex?
    So they can become politicians ...

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    So they can become politicians ...
    Well obviously.

But why should they have to behave like a man to rise into the higher elechlons of political life. They end up having to twice as "hard" as the men to prove themselves to be worthy of being accepted by the old boys club.

There are not many female political journalists either.

Seems all men want to do ,when reaching powerful political jobs, is play war games - at the expense of women and children who are bombed to death, or bombed out of their homes and have to live in typhoid ridden refugee camps.

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    Well obviously.

But why should they have to behave like a man to rise into the higher elechlons of political life. They end up having to twice as "hard" as the men to prove themselves to be worthy of being accepted by the old boys club.

There are not many female political journalists either.

Seems all men want to do ,when reaching powerful political jobs, is play war games - at the expense of women and children who are bombed to death, or bombed out of their homes and have to live in typhoid ridden refugee camps.

So as half the voting population are now women - why do they vote in men - or women acting as men?

I guess this is a serious question - if you have a campain, stating "I am a woman, I have feelings and I am all woman - please vote me in as president or prime minister" would they be elected?

Quote Originally Posted by Astro
    In what way are they behaving like a man and how are they being twice as hard? How should women behave in the political scene? Are they to introduce intensive flower arranging for repeat offenders as a calming influence? Perhaps they should content themselves with discussing 'wimmins issues' and not worry their pretty little heads about running the country? Should they be discussing shoes and fashion on a global scale?

Politics is politics and I don't see how a woman participating in that world is trying to be a man. Surely she's just being a woman, in an area which has been male dominated for a long time, discussing the issues being discussed in that arena. Hard decisions have to be taken, regardless of gender.

I think war affects innocent men too...

Quote Originally Posted by Jhutch View Post
    I think the point is that 'our' (the British) media did keep quiet about it. The leak was on foreign websites (australian/us).

On the BBC website it says

"Prince Harry, in an interview recorded in Afghanistan prior to his withdrawal, said he had enjoyed being away from the press and England. "I don't want to sit around Windsor, because I generally don't like England that much and it's nice to be away from all the press and the papers.....," "

Much easier being out there in past weeks than having people constantly talking about the al fayed affair
    I'd heard here (in Oz) that it was the Aussie mag "New Idea" that spilled the beans, and that there was going to be an investigation and some legal stuff to keep them in line in the future... New Idea 'unaware' of Harry blackout - Breaking News - World - Breaking News

Overall I don't think it's fair on the other lads that he's there - he's not actually an equal is he? there's gonna be a soldier who'll take it upon himself to risk his life or whatever and save the prince... a lotta money in that huh.

Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Saligal~*~ View Post

Overall I don't think it's fair on the other lads that he's there .
    I don't believe he is now, is he? Have any of those lads complained?

- he's not actually an equal is he?
    I think he came as near to that concept as he ever will for ten weeks or so. Certainly that is his belief.

there's gonna be a soldier who'll take it upon himself to risk his life or whatever and save the prince... a lotta money in that huh.
    Well that might have been a possibility - and you would slur the rescuer's hypothetical name by suggesting monetary gain as a motive? Shame on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    I don't believe he is now, is he? Have any of those lads complained?

I think he came as near to that concept as he ever will for ten weeks or so. Certainly that is his belief.

Well that might have been a possibility - and you would slur the rescuer's hypothetical name by suggesting monetary gain as a motive? Shame on you.
    Tongue-in-cheek I take it

Tongue-in-cheek I take it
    If you were, I was ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    Harry who?

YAWN.
    Probably done more for the British army in terms of boosted moral / public awareness, recruitment etc then anything else in the last 30/50yrs

Also im sure given the 5000 pages dedicated to him in the tabloid press he has allowed a number of ‘regular writers’ some time off

At least now 50% of the population will have heard of Afghanistan

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I guess this is a serious question - if you have a campain, stating "I am a woman, I have feelings and I am all woman - please vote me in as president or prime minister" would they be elected?
    You running the Hilary Clinton Campaign

Political Punch

Thread Information