Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A fine line between Man and Monster

A fine line between Man and Monster

You'll have to read the link to see why I've posted this new thread.

As Brian Reade says, if men are usually always to blame for murder, rape and general pain to others, why don't they just DNA test men?

Opponents of a nationwide DNA database are saying it's impossible to collect 60 million, but if you start with the men and worry about the women later, at least thats a start.

A fine line between man and monster - Mirror.co.uk

Brian says "The male homo sapiens is a uniquely sadistic beast with a great desire to inflict violence purely for the sake of it than any other animal, so why does the law not reflect that?"

I think ALL men should be DNA tested from birth and any man entering the country should also be DNA tested.

Blog Entries

Re: A fine line between Man and Monster

Well I'm all for the recording of DNA at birth starting immediately and for the same for anyone entering the country. That way sooner or later, everyone will be on record and it'll be nearly impossible to get away with crime. But I want to see it applied to everyone, not just to one section of society.

I think the article takes liberties by assuming that all sadistic crime can be blamed on men alone. Mind you, it is from The Mirror .

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    I think the article takes liberties by assuming that all sadistic crime can be blamed on men alone.
    Then you are wrong.

"Twisted sex-killers are always male (with the extremely rare assistance of women they have drawn under their spell).

As are the terrorists hoping to cash in their heavenly chit for 72 virgins, the drug barons who pollute our streets and the gunslingers who aid them."

Gav...do you disagree with the above statement?
    Last edited by Double Trouble; 28th-February-2008 at 02:53 PM.

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Beverly Allitt, Rose West, and Hindley spring to mind.

Most female murderers go unnoted by the press becuse the normal reasons are mental problems or retailiation.

And just today BBC NEWS | England | Staffordshire | Poison plot wife given 30 years

If DNA testing at Birth is to be done then it should be done to all.

Also there is a question over how reliable DNA evidance is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Then you are wrong.
    Just a small selection:

Suzanne Basso
    Kidnapper, Murderer
    Basso kidnapped a 59-year old retarded man and brutally beat him with various items resulting in his death.

Linda Carty
    Kidnapper, Murderer
    Carty hogtied a woman who had a three-day-old baby, taped a bag over her head and suffocated her.

Brittany Holberg
    Robber, Murderer
    Holberg robbed and murdered an 80-year-old man, striking him with a hammer and stabbing him nearly 60 times.

Karla Homolka
    Rapist, Torturer, Murderer
    Karla Homolka, one of Canada's most horrific female convicts, has been released from prison after serving a 12-year sentence for her involvement in drugging, raping, torturing and killing young girls over a decade ago. The dead teens included her own young sister who she was offered to her boyfriend as a gift.

Frances Elaine Newton
    Child Killer, Murderer
    Newton shot and killed her husband, her seven-year-old son and her 21-month-old daughter for insurance money.

Carlette Parker
    Kidnapper, Thief, Murderer
    Parker kidnapped an 88-year-old woman, withdrew money from her account, pepper-sprayed her, then drowned her in a bathtub.

Commercial Operator

Brian says "The male homo sapiens is a uniquely sadistic beast with a great desire to inflict violence purely for the sake of it than any other animal, so why does the law not reflect that?"
    That may be his opinion, but that hardly makes it true. I notice that he seems to have a lack of inclination to cite any sources here - it's quite simply opinionated sensationalist trash with an unhealthy dose of scaremongering thrown in. (In my opinion)

Just a small selection:
    Yep...its a small section, against all the thousands of murderous men.

Start DNA testing the men, as they are the MAIN culprits, then do the women. Whats wrong with that?

Blog Entries

But then, using the same logic, compare the thousands of murderous men to the other billions of non-murderous men out there. That's the reason the Mirror's article doesn't make sense.

Blog Entries

No, it's a small selection because I can't be bothered listing the thousands of similar ones.

Start DNA testing the men, as they are the MAIN culprits, then do the women. What's wrong with that?
    Nothing wrong with starting somewhere, I just think it would be easier to record the DNA of every child born, rather than only male ones. Surely it would cause more administration if it was restricted?

Well - if all men were suffocated at birth, that will do the trick! and funnily enough the female population will be naturally die out.
    Problem solved, no evil left.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    But then, using the same logic, compare the thousands of murderous men to the other billions of non-murderous men out there. That's the reason the Mirror's article doesn't make sense.
    All the non-murderous ones should be happy to give their DNA as they have nothing to hide. They should also do it for their wives and children. Obviously I can't prove it, but its likely that your average Joe Murderer would think twice about raping someone if he knew his DNA was on a database (IMO, obviously)

Quote Originally Posted by Raul View Post
    Well - if all men were suffocated at birth, that will do the trick! and funnily enough the female population will be naturally die out.
    Problem solved, no evil left.
    hmmmm. Helpful, thanks.

Blog Entries

All the non-murderous ones should be happy to give their DNA as they have nothing to hide. They should also do it for their wives and children. Obviously I can't prove it, but its likely that your average Joe Murderer would think twice about raping someone if he knew his DNA was on a database (IMO, obviously)
    I've never understood the objection to ID cards and DNA records. If you've done nothing wrong, then why not have them?

He's obviously never owned a cat.

Blog Entries

All the non-murderous ones should be happy to give their DNA as they have nothing to hide.
    If only that were the only reason not to give DNA.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    If only that were the only reason not to give DNA.
    What other reasons are there then?

As Brian Reade says, if men are usually always to blame for murder, rape and general pain to others, why don't they just DNA test men?

Opponents of a nationwide DNA database are saying it's impossible to collect 60 million, but if you start with the men and worry about the women later, at least thats a start.

A fine line between man and monster - Mirror.co.uk

I think ALL men should be DNA tested from birth and any man entering the country should also be DNA tested.
    While all the women go around doing bad stuff scot free!

Murderous women are just as sadistic as murderous men and I don't see why there should be any difference made between the heinousness of their crimes...murder is murder and if there are mitigating circumstances cited and accepted (like mental illness or self-defence etc), then the charge is not murder.

I don't see why my husband and sons, or all the other decent men in society, should be made potential suspects for crimes that haven't yet been committed or are obviously nothing to do with them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steven666 View Post
    While all the women go around doing bad stuff scot free!
    This just gets worse, now you're suggesting that we get rid of all Scottish men too?

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

OK, let's examine that argument for a second:

• Muslims have been responsible for all the terrorist deaths in the UK over the past 5 years. So let's DNA test them - in fact, hell, let's lock them up without trial for a month or two. Oh, hold on a second...
    • Young black men are responsible for most of the gun crime in some parts of London. So let's DNA test them.

There's a reason we are as a society cautious of profiling specific groups and targetting them as "criminals". It's a really really dangerous thing to do, and the end result of such labelling is a place we never want to revisit.

That's Brian Reade the world-famous psychologist, yes? Hmmm, funny he looks like a sports writer to me (also, gotta love the last entry in his Wikipedia page - well done 77.103.24.184 )

I think that's the dumbest idea I've heard since ID cards. It's almost as dumb as the poll tax, in fact.

Not to mention it'd actually be harder to simply target "all men" than "everyone", of course...

I've never understood the objection to ID cards and DNA records. If you've done nothing wrong, then why not have them?
    My objection to ID cards isn't because I have anything to hide, it's because the government are rotten at keeping our private information private and they'll happily sell the info to the highest bidder.

If men are to be assumed so potentially murderous that they should all be DNA screened, what are we to assume of the men protecting that information?

Thread Information