View Poll Results: Who's going where? Weekend 29th Feb / 1st / 2nd March 2008

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fri - Hot & Smooth - Pollockshaws Burgh Hall, Glasgow

1 1.85%
  • Fri - Two Room Freestyle - Coppertops (Worcester)

10 18.52%
  • Sat – Ceroc Fresh – Chiswick Town Hall

5 9.26%
  • Sat - Ceroc Plus - Fleet

3 5.56%
  • Sat - Ceroc South Birmingham : Birmingham - Wythall (South Birmingham)

0 0%
  • Sat - Smooth Blues & Hot Latin Night (Want2Dance Burton) - Burton upon Trent

8 14.81%
  • Sat - Ceroc North West - Hyde (Manchester)

2 3.70%
  • Sat - Back to the 70's Party Night (Ceroc Midlands) – Wolverhampton

1 1.85%
  • Sat - LB Jive – Northwich

1 1.85%
  • Sat - Spinz Day of Jive - Leeds

2 3.70%
  • Sun - Corporate Dance Company - Bromsgrove

2 3.70%
  • Sun - Bossa Nova Freestyle (Ceroc Worcestershire) – Worcester

4 7.41%
  • Sun – the ubiquitous Berko

6 11.11%
  • Fri – Ceroc Scotland Kirriemuir late night Freestyle

3 5.56%
  • Sat – Ceroc Scotland Kirriemuir late night Freestyle

10 18.52%
  • All Weekend – Ceroc Scotland Kirriemuir Weekender

6 11.11%
  • Other

2 3.70%
  • Fri - Chesham (with blues room)

6 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who's going where? Weekend 29th Feb/1st/2nd March 2008

Re: Who's going where? Weekend 29th Feb/1st/2nd March 2008

Starting Sunday March 2nd West Coast Swing Beginners and Social dancing 7.15 - 10.30pm

Welcome Page

I cant make it this week, taking my mum out for dinner, however its going to be hard to choose between this and Berko in the future. If anyone goes please let me know if its any good.

OK, seeing as something I was doing tomorrow night has fallen through, I might be able to wangle a trip to Worcester tonight

Should I go?

Can you pay on the door?
    Last edited by HelenB; 29th-February-2008 at 05:18 PM.

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HelenB View Post
    OK, seeing as something I was doing tomorrow night has fallen through, I might be able to wangle a trip to Worcester tonight
    Didn't take long Helen.

Should I go?
    Yes

Can you pay on the door?
    and yes

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    Didn't take long Helen.
    I'm a quick mover (and shan't reveal my secrets )

Might see you later.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by HelenB View Post

Should I go?
    You really really should go.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wasn't expecting it but I had a surprisingly good night at Chesham last night. It was my first time of experiencing the new Blues room and I agree with the previous reports (in another thread) its a really nice space, perfect for the job!

I had lots of lovely dances, inc. some brilliant WCS, AT, Cha Cha, Bachata and MJ and enough room to really go for it, which was great!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    ...about Chesham last night....

The only problem I have: the short trek outside, back to the security of the main room, (when we feel in need of our delusions of adequacy after dipping our toes in the Chillout room.)
    Obviously, it is not a problem the venue can easily solve.
    The next time I see a removals van, I'm sneaking in the back, and nicking a few pairs of those plastic booties they use!

Back to the good points: lovely floor, and great music.
    (a special thank you to Ian for the tango tracks at the very beginning and at the end - and for the dances! ) .
    Met two more forumites: DTS - sorry - I have a mental block about that move! Over and over I end up staring blankly at my hand held outstretched in front of my face, with that same sinking feeling as the pot of petunias!* Please help me sort it out next time we meet ...but then I will want to claim another dance, as well .
    Good to meet you, Trouble,. But, never mind dance requests! The most difficult ask of the evening was: "Excuse me, are you Trouble?"
    - V.
    * "Oh no, not again!" - Douglas Adams, Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy
    Last edited by JCB; 1st-March-2008 at 08:38 PM.

Worcester Friday

I had a wonderful time at Worcester, Ruby and Lucky performance was perfect, the best iv seen it performed.

The new 'blues room' down stairs was brill since its refurb after the floods.

I had some lovely dances, with Lucky, Ruby, SilverFox, Rocky, Stokie, DavidY, OXO'S, Gerry, and Joe, I had some really nice dances with several 'newbies'

Lovely to see so many Forumites there.

Burton Saturday

It was a sell out again, but because of the restricted numbers it never seems over crowed, I do think the girls has got this venue cracked.

Pat's set was a dream for me, it was one of the best sets of music I have heard in a long time, some new, some old, some fun, some with attitude. No wonder your getting offers from allover to DJ.

Nikkei I hope your back gets better soon hun, and good luck to both you and Dave for your engagement next week, just a shame I can't be there (i'm at Camber) I wish you all the happiness in the world you deserve it.

I had a fab dance with Gus, thank you, I make you look good don't I it was a good track I think it was made for us, I like 'Funky' the dress shirt designer jeans and purple waist coat worked really well, gives me ideas to dress Joe

Tor and PawPlay, what you like, flip me! there was nearly a riot, book next time, Tor I wouldn't have wanted to be in your shoes if you couldn't get in after a 2hour drive, fab to watch your dance with PawPlay and JoanneC, they do look alike don't they (photo's later) how do you feel about twins.

Loverly to dance with ItsyBitsy, you might end up regretting telling me your so handy with a neadle an thread, thank you for introducing me to the loverly Angus, I do hope he get on the forum, he was a dream.

Dermonic-chic your dancing is realy coming on I watch you dance with Joe and him giving you tips, there were several people that wan'ted to meet you but asked me after you had left.

The bad

It almost neaver happens to me now, but I had a very bad refusal, the last was at Beach Boggie. OK its that same old line about refusing, I refuse, for all sorts of reasons, but they are all genuine, and I try not to make the pearson asking feel bad or awkward, and I will, if possible go dack to them, but last night I was refused in a way that left me feeling embarassed and humiliated! having asked a guy who was obviously an experenced dancer to dance, his reply and his attitude, plus response, was uncalled for, he glanced over his shoulder looked me up and down and just said NO iv just steeped off the floor, in such and aggressive tone I was taken aback, it seemed to be done for impacted as he was sat with a group of people, he looked me up and down again and said 'I may dance later' in the same aggressive attitude. Shame he didn't return the compliment, I was waiting for him, he was obviously not brave enough to take on 'The Fletch' having woke up this morning I still feel??? angry? embarrassed? not sure really.

You all know how I feel about dancing with anyone, we all have to refuse for one reason or another, you don't have to make people feel bad, this man was doing it to others not just me, I wonder if it make him feel good when others feel bad, i'm sure our paths will cross again, there is more than one way to skin a cat!

perhaps someone could en-lighten me on who he is? be careful we don't want naming and shaming and infractions, but |I would like to know who he is and what his problem is, perhaps Gus knows him?

AR$E
    Last edited by David Bailey; 2nd-March-2008 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Removed description

Saturday night - Chiswick..

I've been a few times before, last year, and while it never put me off from ever going again, it didn't make me feel I just had to go to the next one either.

But this time it all changed! For some reason the atmosphere was different, the music (I spent 95% of my time in the blues room) was just brilliant (half Rachel plus half Marc = double excellent), the floor was fine (so you can go again Astro!), and I'm really looking forward to the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    perhaps someone could en-lighten me on who he is? be careful we don't want naming and shaming and infractions, but |I would like to know who he is and what his problem is, perhaps Gus knows him?
    Just to say that the same guy turned me down Fletch.... Left me feeling a bit put out to say the least but luckily my confidence isn't as bad as it used to be so after a little time thinking "" I asked another guy and had a lovely dance

Anyways... I have had a great weekend this weekend. I also went to Worcester on Friday and had a fab time. Nice to see so many forumites there and to meet some new ones. Thanx to Nick for the dances and the free grope ...My only problem was that I couldn't decide which room to be in about 11 p.m. as I wanted to be in both!!

Burton was also really great. Great to see ItsyBitsy - I am so impressed with your lead now but am worried you will be better than me soon Great to meet Angus - we had some fabulous dances and I hope I didn't scare you too much! Hope to see you very soon and that you start to travel to dance!!! Weekenders are the next step..

Overall had a great weekend.. Thank you to Fletch for putting me up again

Last edited by David Bailey; 2nd-March-2008 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Removed reference to description

I have no idea who you are talking about, but from your description of what he was wearing, he sounds like a prize Twat who should be avoided at all costs anyway.

Who does he think he is? Michael fekkin Jackson?

NEXT...!
    Last edited by David Bailey; 2nd-March-2008 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Removed reference to description

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

it seemed to be done for impacted as he was sat with a group of people, he looked me up and down again and said 'I may dance later' in the same aggressive attitude.......snip......having woke up this morning I still feel??? angry? embarrassed? not sure really.
    It's not worth wasting your emotions on Fletch. Some people like to refuse just because it makes them feel like they have some power and they seem to get gratification from making others feel small. I guess they feel insignificant in other parts of their life so need the power rush when they can get it. Just remember it's they that have missed out on what could have been their best/most fun dance of the evening. Their loss was another guys gain.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    It's not worth wasting your emotions on Fletch.
    Really?

You know, this is why commas are so useful

Anyway, can we please ensure we don't - even with vague descriptions - talk about one specific person in a negative sense?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    Anyway, can we please ensure we don't - even with vague descriptions - talk about one specific person in a negative sense?
    If it's based on direct personal experience why the hell not?

AR$E
    Just point him out Fletch !

Went to the Want2Dance event at Burton last night. Considering I hadn’t paid attention and realise it was a Bluesy type night, I had a really good night …

Bad
    • Floor was inconsistent. First stepped out in my dance shoes and nearly went flying. Changed back into pumps and was fine.
    • Couple of tracks I found really odd …. But most people seemed to like it

SoSo

• Music wasn’t always my taste but the floor was full for nearly all the night. I think the vast majority of dancers really liked what they heard.
    • No DJ … just a robot, sorry laptop. Call me a traditionalist, I prefer to see a DJ at the decks.

Good
    • Sound quality and levels were spot on. Showed the benefit of using quality kit and setting it up right.
    • Good sized dance floor for the number of people there. Evidence that the number limitation was just right
    • Good gender balancing
    • Fair bar prices
    • Good sitting area
    • Friendly natives
    • Got to meet a whole host of Forumites I’d not met before. Finally know who Onkar is. First dance with PawPaw, JoC and Caz

The Excellent
    • Some of the dancers there (male and female) were superb. Interestingly, the four best dances I had all night were with WCS dancers ….. is this telling us something?

I was impressed how far people had come. There was a fair old posse from Oxford area, and after seeing the quality will have to find an excuse to get down there at some time. The real question, would I go again? Answer is a most definite yes.

I had a fab dance with Gus, thank you, I make you look good don't I it was a good track I think it was made for us.
    Yup ... you did rescue the dance ... I had no idea where the beat was so I was just shuffling around to it ... nice track but it felt like a 3/4 beat. Thats the price of dancing sober. Having said that, it was fun so you can't really as for more than that.

No idea. Must admit that the thought of a guy turning you down had never occurred to me Being serious, such behaviour seemed totaly out of kilter with the rest of the night ... it was a very friendly venue, even for saddo blokes like me who turned up on their own.

Normally I would have gone to Burton and it sounds like it was a good night. But I thought I would support my local francise this time and went to J11, in Wolverhampton for the 70's Party, and I'm glad I did.
    Quite a novelty trying to ceroc to 70's disco and the Sweet and Bay City Rollers (70's Glam Rock Band for the uninitiated!) But it worked and it was a great night.

I'm glad Ceroc Midlands have started to theme the freestyles, it seems to be working

Cool Re: Who's going where? Weekend 29th Feb/1st/2nd March 2008

Well I had a very similar experience this weekend to a few who have posted here. Worcester on Friday... excellent night! I had some beautiful dances, at the risk of leaving someone out, thanks especially to SmileySue WoW! Just when I think it can't get any better the whole thing gets turned upsidedown, HelenB always more amazing than is strictly polite, Cruella (I even managed to keep you within arms reach in the slot - now that's progress ), Ruby I'm just starting to 'get' it and you clear off back to the States, Val ummm.. JoanneC I don't think we've danced before, hopefully I can have many many more, ElaineB thank you for our great funky dances. I THINK I may have danced a couple of dances with Eeore. Possibly. Whoever she was, she was wonderful to dance with. I'm so terrible with remembering names (and even asking them)!! Caz I never have anything but wonderful dances with you babe. Fletch - I'm glad your foot is OK, that floor was real packed before the Blues Room opened wasn't it! Of course Twirlie Bird was my favorite though :cutie: !!! Especially the last dance :swoon: The music was awesome. Rocky and OXOs... say no more! The only draw back for me was the heat in the blues room - whoah!

Last night we went to Nicki and Pat's venue in Burton-on-Trent. We had an awesome night at Burton-on-Trent! After speaking last night with Pat I understand her laptop music philosophy better. She spends hours preparing her play-list. It's not just a random bunch of tracks, and if the floor is dying she says that she takes over the play--list and manually selects the music. But last night was a glowing example of something for everyone. I didn't hear a duff track all night!

It was wonderful seeing and dancing with people I hadn't seen for ages. Pawplay and Tor...thanks for the double trouble!! I'm sure the look on my face was worth the abysmal dance you had to endure after springing that on me. Apologies to anyone who saw it and then had to go and rinse their eyes out with bleach! Our solo dances made it all worthwhile for me though Pawplay. Thank you. Fletch, remember what I said to you about The Twat in the Hat, his loss. It was great seeing a taxi dancer who gave me so much encouragement as a beginner. I won't name any names as I know what the 'policy' is with regard to crew attending Nicki's events and I don't want to get her into trouble. But, thanks for helping me soooo much. Dancing confidently with you last night seemed like a lifetime away from the nervous shy dancer you helped nurture... or should I say monster you helped create LOL!!

Nicki, thank you for our dance. It meant so much that you were able to trust me to look after you on the floor with your nasty back injury. I told you I would be extra gentle. I hope it's better real soon. Brilliant dance though, great track too! See you next week at your engagement party

I've just had the most brilliant weekend of dancing!
    Last edited by StokeBloke; 2nd-March-2008 at 03:50 PM.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    If it's based on direct personal experience why the hell not?
    Because it's against the rules.

Thread Information