Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Fayed finally cracks

Re: Fayed finally cracks

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    well there could be a number of reasons....

1, The mother of the future king giving birth to a child who would be deemed to be brought up a muslim.

2. The future King having a half brother by god knows who (although he already has one in Harry but dont start me on that one)

3. The power she had with the public.

4. True love with the new wife (many a murder has been comitted due to love)

Thats just a few little thoughts.
    None of them gets even half way across the Motive-o-meter, madam. In fact, the first three don't even make the pointer tremble, for crying out loud.

Put yourself in the shoes of - um - whoever you might think appropriate, and ask yourself when you make the leap from "Good grief, he's Fayed's son. Wouldn't it be dreadful if she marries into that oily git's family - imagine if she had a child. Shudder." to "OK, we have to MURDER her." End her life, destroy her children's peace of mind and deprive them of a loved mother. Not to mention she's probably the most famous woman in the world.

Or: "Good grief, Diana's influential. One interview with some git journalist and she's got everyone snivelling from Land's end to John o' Groats. I know - let's KILL her."

As for your fourth motive - I don't understand that. Are you suggesting that Charles had her killed so he could marry Camilla the crocodile? Absolutely nothing I have learnt about him since his inauguration as PofW suggests that he is the sort of person who would do something that decisive, never mind that callous.

Anyway, if Charles wanted to kill her, wouldn't it have been easier to slip some odourless, tasteless poison in her food and invite her to St James' Palace? The Royal doctor, the Royal pathologist (not to mention the royal homeopathist) and the Royal coroner could have had her cremated and all the documents completed in 72 hours. You can't really suggest that anyone in the intelligence or security services would kill anyone simply because Charles asked them to, never mind the Princess whom they probably liked more than they did him.

I don't suppose anyone in the intelligence and security services ever sees the Royal family, except the ones who have that detail. They report to Cabinet, not the royal family.

Except, of course, the Way Ahead group, who report to Philip.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

well there could be a number of reasons....

1, The mother of the future king giving birth to a child who would be deemed to be brought up a muslim.
    Except that she wasn't pregnant. We can be pretty sure of that now - documented period pains, her own statements, and so on.

And she was shagging Hasnat Khan for two years before, including stalking him via text, and no-one gave a damn about that.

2. The future King having a half brother by god knows who (although he already has one in Harry but dont start me on that one)
    Errr, except that she wasn't pregnant?

3. The power she had with the public.
    Less in 1997 than in 1993-5 - when she was pretty much calling for Charles not to take the throne. So why off her, several years afterwards? If anything, I reckon her celebrity peaked around the early 90s. If she'd been around now she'd just be another Fergie.

4. True love with the new wife (many a murder has been comitted due to love)
    Diana's death made it harder for Charles to remarry - she was turned into an icon, and he had to wait longer because of that, it would have been seen as disrespectful otherwise. So you're saying he's Evil, he's All-Powerful, he's Cunning, but he's also Really Dumb?

Of course, this is all assuming both that the Royals are a bunch of - literally - psychopaths, that they have any actual power to order this sort of thing, that the security services and other branches of government are so skilled as do it without leaving any of this annoying evidence stuff, that no-one in this massive conspiracy leaked, and so on.

Christ, the UK government can't even send a disc in their internal post without losing it - what chance is there that they could keep such a massive conspiracy under wraps?

But, even with all those assumptions, which are rather big leaps, there's no motive. She wasn't pregnant, she wasn't causing trouble, she was just getting on with her life.

You'd have to be as nutty as Al Fayed clearly is, to believe in any conspiracy.
    Last edited by David Bailey; 22nd-February-2008 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    You'd have to be as nutty as Al Fayed clearly is, to believe in any conspiracy.
    blimey...people say my posts are insulting!

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    blimey...people say my posts are insulting!
    They are.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    They are wrong.
    You can be quite careless, sometimes, DJ.

But, you know me - always helpful! So I put in the word you missed out.

Thread Information