View Poll Results: Should the thread starter be able to delete posts?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • I should be able to alk about any off topic subject

3 12.00%
  • Who went commando?

4 16.00%
  • Yes, death (metaphorically) to hijackers

7 28.00%
  • No I want to see every post

11 44.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh my god! Hijackers!!!!!

Versailles (yeah, in the chateau itself !)
    * off-topic alert !!!

So Dave Babe - where are you a taxi dancer these days then... cos maybe your status should be changed to "slavering dog"

Wxxx

Back on topic..... agree with your points.. and I think the majority of off-topic maestros do keep their nonsense to the chat room don't they ??? BTW Nice to see YOU keeping to the point for a change......

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Wendy
    ..... but Chickie made me do it !!! hee heee ..
    Like any of the boys and girls are going to believe you could be MADE to do anything you didn't want to do!!!.

Will happily admit I have been very guilty (but not alone) and am trying very hard these days to keep off topic stuff to chit chat....and not doing too badly though I do say so myself!
    Don't think anyone should be chastised for it there or, as a few have said, for the odd one liner or leg pull.

One aspect that I can report on that hasn't been mentioned is that the novelty does wear off a little after a time and the NEED to be posting every 3.14 minutes of every day does diminish.

C

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Re: Back on thread!!!

Originally posted by Dave Hancock
    I think the problem with censhorship is that if the thread originator is able to cut out posts which he believes to be off-topic then surely he could also pull off posts which didn't agree with his point and the forum would lose a lot its appeal.
    You've come over all Sean laddie but youre right Im sure there are people that would remove posts they didnt like, or just remove posts that they didnt feel steered the thread the way they wanted it to go - or maybe im just cynical.

As this thread is about off topic posts, any post at all is valid isnt it ?

Commercial Operator

Staying on Topic

I thought it was up to the thread originator to gently steer (read bludgeon) the thread back onto topic when it drifts.

I've been managing the 'Smoking and Dancing Don't Mix' thread for a couple of months now. Some of the drifts have been completely off topic, some have been deliberately choosing to rewrite the topic to make it easier to manipulate and some have been deliberately obtuse. But all along I've been slogging away at the same message. So much so one of the drifts was about how people didn't like adverts on radio when they were repeated too often.

So, what do people think about these too often repeated adverts

Commercial Operator
    GUILTY!

So Wendy, how's it going? Good to see you back. I must get round to replying to your email, when was it? About 2 months back now I think. Been anywhere nice lately? We saw "Noises Off" last night, an absolute hoot, despite both of us having to rouse ourselves from our sickbeds.

Back on thread:-
    annoying isn't it, and I'm sure I'm just as guilty as the rest. However, I'm sure there must be a few topics where any humour is inappropriate, though I'm struggling to come up with any. How about "Is there any experience of drug rape within modern jive?".

I have no problem with the humourous asides, when it comes to pages of personal banter and trivia, then surely it's best to use PMs or a special place . I think Andy has done an excellent job of maintaining the standards on some of his threads, but he should be persistent, as he's a politician.

Going off thread again, I do get worked up over some of the spelling, nobody's perfect, but some do seem to post in the heat of the moment, without checking what they've written. (And yes, I did have to make a correction to this after checking it).

Greg

I went off thread once and dreadful scathe shouted at me and even referred to my phobia Pammy shouted back at him though

Thread Information