Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Indulgence?

Re: Indulgence?

Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    It's alright....I saw sense eventually and divorced him. I just sometimes forget that I can now spend my hard earned cash on whatever the heck I want.
    Like dancing!

We've just bought an MX5 sportscar - totally inpractical but should be great in the summer

Mine atm are contacts, cleaning my house and retail therapy (when i get paid).

When i begin earning more my indulgence(s) might change.

I love my dishwasher...
    We're about to do some renovating, and I want to get a good painter to paint the inside of the place. So many people I have spoken to have said "do it yourself... you'll save so much money". Having never painted the entire inside of a house before (only ever lacquered furniture), and noticing that our spare time at the moment is quite precious to us - we really don't want to do it ourselves. So to save our sanity we're going to get someone else to do it for us (they'd probably do a better job and quicker too anyway).
    I would love to find a cleaner - but my conscience is still out on that one...

Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Saligal~*~ View Post
    I would love to find a cleaner - but my conscience is still out on that one...
    I used to run a training course on time management - this was the biggest sticking point for many women, a lot of them senior managers and in well paid jobs, complaining that they did not have any spare time.

One lady spent all day Saturday cleaning the house, and she had children to look after as well. her husband had been asking her to get a cleaner in so she could spend more time with him and the children. Still she thought it "her job" to clean the house.

...our spare time at the moment is quite precious to us
    You said it...

Surely spending quality time with your partner or kids or both, maybe spending time to relax (especially if you work full time) is more important than cleaning?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Shark View Post
    Mine atm are contacts, cleaning my house and retail therapy (when i get paid).

When i begin earning more my indulgence(s) might change.
    Hey if an indulgence of yours is cleaning house, why not clean someone else's house and get paid for it?

My last cleaner was my ex-dance partner, she loved cleaning my house as she found it theraputic AND she got extra cash in her pocket

It was also a benefit to me, as we got a chance to chat for 3 hours, put the world to rights and generally gossip, every 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I used to run a training course on time management - this was the biggest sticking point for many women, a lot of them senior managers and in well paid jobs, complaining that they did not have any spare time.

One lady spent all day Saturday cleaning the house, and she had children to look after as well. her husband had been asking her to get a cleaner in so she could spend more time with him and the children. Still she thought it "her job" to clean the house.
    It's not that I see it as my job as a woman to be the designated cleaner in the household. It's more about the fact that it's an ordinary task - like putting out the garbage. Do people hire someone to do that for them as well?

From saligal... It's more about the fact that it's an ordinary task - like putting out the garbage. Do people hire someone to do that for them as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    I'd come home on a Thursday evening to a lovely clean, tidy flat, with no rubbish to put out (a pet hate of mine). I kept her on well after I'd finished studying
    It would seem so Saligal...
    Last edited by Martin; 13th-February-2008 at 04:28 AM.

From saligal... It's more about the fact that it's an ordinary task - like putting out the garbage. Do people hire someone to do that for them as well?

It would seem so Saligal...
    yeah - sure... as part of a cleaning package... not JUST to put garbage out.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

like putting out the garbage. Do people hire someone to do that for them as well?
    This has just reminded me of another indulgence..

Every 2 weeks, a man follows the refuse collectors round and jet washes my wheely bins!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Meglio del Cioccolato Demo

In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

Cthulhu fhtagn

Glitter Queen

As someone who actively enjoys ironing I'm seriously considering throwing in my day job and just getting paid to do everyone else's (seeing as you all seem to hate it so much!).

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles View Post
    As someone who actively enjoys ironing
    I don't mind ironing...it makes me feel less guilty about watching 'Jeremy Kyle' and 'This Morning' if I'm doing something useful while watching them.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As someone who actively enjoys ironing
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    I don't mind ironing...
    Uh Sorry, this isn't computing??

And as for the Jeremy Kyle show, that just adds to the torture
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    And as for the Jeremy Kyle show, that just adds to the torture
    I know...it's car crash telly, but I just can't help it. Watching Jeremy patronise and shout at some poor unfortunate pond life is painful...but it's bloody funny somethimes.

As someone who actively enjoys ironing I'm seriously considering throwing in my day job and just getting paid to do everyone else's (seeing as you all seem to hate it so much!).
    I actually don't mind ironing, although I always hang my shirts on hangers to dry, so normally they do not need ironing.

I still remember a friend of mine with 4 kids, that ironed EVERYTHING... even the kids socks and pants!

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    I know...it's car crash telly, but I just can't help it. Watching Jeremy patronise and shout at some poor unfortunate pond life is painful...but it's bloody funny somethimes.
    With Jeremy Kyle the pond life is holding the microphone. He's one of only a handful of people in the world I would cheerfully punch. Ecch.

Quote Originally Posted by azande View Post
    In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

Cthulhu fhtagn
    Ri-i-ight.

Hey if an indulgence of yours is cleaning house, why not clean someone else's house and get paid for it?

My last cleaner was my ex-dance partner, she loved cleaning my house as she found it theraputic AND she got extra cash in her pocket

It was also a benefit to me, as we got a chance to chat for 3 hours, put the world to rights and generally gossip, every 2 weeks.
    Because im kinda lazy, i only clean my house when i want too, when im bored and want to help my mum out. Plus my older sis pays me weekly to do it Thats a good benefit .

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    With Jeremy Kyle the pond life is holding the microphone. He's one of only a handful of people in the world I would cheerfully punch. Ecch.
    That's kinda why it's such great telly. Jeremy kyle's personal life is like summit out of Eastenders...I love it that he thinks he's so much better than everyone else, even though, as you say, he's the biggest pond life of them all. Classic.

Thread Information