Thread: 2011, a good year?

2011, a good year?

Inspired by this thread;

Three years time, from where I'm sitting it seems an eternity away. In three years my kids will be grown up, though due to the housing market at least one of them will still be living with me. I'll still be in the same job, wondering month after month whether it's sustainable. I may have got round to that new kitchen I've been promising myself. And I'll still be dancing my little socks off to the exclusion of almost everything else, despite major surgery (not sure what, but by that time there's bound to be something packed up!).

In the wider world America will have invaded at least one more unsuspecting country (I'm playing safe here), and despite the total ineptitude shown by most politicians, Brown will be firmly entrenched in his second term of office. The use of electric cars will be widespread as petrol hits £3 a litre. People will have chips implanted in their heads to help with their memory. Washing machines will use the internet to contact the repair man when they self diagnose a fault. The latest teenage fashion will be to have one half of their head shaved and the other with shoulder length hair. The use of the word "mate" will be deemed offensive and someone will have been jailed for asking a female work colleague for a date.

Ceroc will have brought out / pushed out of business most of the independants and will be under investigation by the monopolies comission.

Oh, and I'll still be trying to master the body roll....

What will life be like for you in three years time? Place your predictions and (if modern jive and this forum still exist of course) come back and read them later, compare them to reality......

Re: 2011, a good year?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueshoes View Post
    What will life be like for you in three years time? Place your predictions and (if modern jive and this forum still exist of course) come back and read them later, compare them to reality......[/COLOR][/FONT]

I hope in 3yrs time ill have enough expereince re 'due diligence' to go work for a big bank earn even more crap loads of money and do basically nothing but post crap on the forum

Of course 'due diligence' as a buzz word will no doubt have changed

Although by then there is a stong chance I will have started by year around the world thing

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blueshoes View Post
    Oh, and I'll still be trying to master the body roll....
    I think I can safely say the same of me!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

2011 was a good year for Me and Twirly. I got promoted to head of software development at McLaren and by then I'd passed my driving test so was able to drive the Mercedes McLaren SLR that I'd got as my executive transport. Unfortunately due to the rise in Oil prices I could only afford to drive it once a week.

Twirly had given up working in the City and was now managing her busy Aromatherapy and massage Studio and looking to expand into a second location.

Both of us were spending a lot of time out of London as the build up to The London Olympics was everywhere and we needed to get out of town every now and again to avoid it.

I was still attending classes.. Still claiming to be a beginner and still overdoing the Yo-Yo however By this point I had a new PDA to store all the dance moves I never remember to use on.. pretty much like the database of dance moves I don't use on my old PDA I had way back in 2008.

Luckily my Hairline didn't recede too much and like my father I turned from dark brown into dark gray.. I have to stop going to some classes as people started referring to me as Silver Wulf.. I'm sure Silverfox has his name down as a registered trademark by now.

Twirly and I are currently in the process of selling our respective properties and building our dream home in the suburbs. With fuel prices so high at the moment I'm very sure the solar panels and wind turbine will come in very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    I think I can safely say the same of me!
    I'm smarter than you girls. I've already given up!

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by timbp View Post
    I'm smarter than you girls. I've already given up!
    But not that smart.... one of them's a boy!!

Thread Information