Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: St. Albans - end of an era.......

Re: St. Albans - end of an era.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    I think St Albans will only benefit from the current move.

Mr Ego and his clan will, im sure, perhaps learn some manners in their new venue and if they are reading this, my advice to them would be, make sure you start classes on time, remember the customers come first, not how good you look or what you can do. Remember to work the room also and remember not to trust any staff you take on if your sucessful enough to do so cause they may just stab you in the back.

Blog Entries

Mr Ego and his clan will, im sure, perhaps learn some manners in their new venue and if they are reading this, my advice to them would be, make sure you start classes on time, remember the customers come first, not how good you look or what you can do. Remember to work the room also and remember not to trust any staff you take on if your sucessful enough to do so cause they may just stab you in the back.
    I don't disagree with what you're saying, but you have to remember that despite (or maybe because of) this, St Albans was an incredibly successful venue.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by gebandemuishond View Post
    Although I'm sure I read somewhere that Ceroc teachers are forbidden from teaching for any other organisation for one year after they quit?
    I think you will find that this type of clause is unenforceable. It might even be illegal from the POV of the treaty of Rome.

I still remember my surprise when I read the Ceroc membership form. There was a clause that said, words to the effect of; if any part of this contract is found to be illegal it does not invalidate the rest of the contract. This is a clear indication to me that they knew a part of their contract was illegal.

This situation reminds me that you need to get everything in writing.

Ceroc DJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    I don't disagree with what you're saying, but you have to remember that despite (or maybe because of) this, St Albans was an incredibly successful venue.
    Ermmm - still is a successful venue if you don't mind !

Thanks for that.

I was just wondering who has left Ceroc in a more "dignified" fashion? Particularly if they're the kind of character to create their own start-up organisation?
    Joseph used to teach Ceroc for Adam exclusively and left to set up on his own (as in Joseph and Tricia) . We even had a goodbye night ! They still pop in to the venues regularly and its always nice to see them.

Nigel (as in Nigel and Nina) also trained as a Ceroc teacher with Adam and again used to teach Ceroc classes exclusively for CerocMetro. They've done lots together including the JiveMasters .

So there are ways and there are ways - you choose the one that fits you best I suppose.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    Ermmm - still is a successful venue if you don't mind !
    Sorry! Although, personally I'd prefer it if it were a little less successful, and there was room and chance to dance!

...Joseph and Tricia....Nigel and Nina...
    So there are ways and there are ways - you choose the one that fits you best I suppose.
    Ah - excellent examples. Thanks for being so helpful. It's was just that the only others I'd seen were quite negative. It's good to see that it can be done well.

Sorry! Although, personally I'd prefer it if it were a little less successful, and there was room and chance to dance!

Ah - excellent examples. Thanks for being so helpful. It's was just that the only others I'd seen were quite negative. It's good to see that it can be done well.
    Another recent example was Richard Oliver who left Watford before Xmas - as I recollect, he made a nice speech - as did some others - and no mention of what he was going to do.......

I think from what I could see it was all planned and professionally done. Everyone was happy (I think?).

I think he has set up somewhere else....is it Brighton? Maybe it's on another thread....

Blog Entries

So as i have already said, the way somebody handles a departure shows you more of what that person is like deep down i think.

There is no reason for it to be done spitefully.... ever IMO, we all move on, we all want to do things on our own.

So as i have already said, the way somebody handles a departure shows you more of what that person is like deep down i think.

There is no reason for it to be done spitefully.... ever IMO, we all move on, we all want to do things on our own.
    Trouble you are getting to be far too sensible in your posts
    all joking apart i think the whole thing is about morality
    either you have morals or you havent i know what i think of the people in question

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    I still remember my surprise when I read the Ceroc membership form. There was a clause that said, words to the effect of; if any part of this contract is found to be illegal it does not invalidate the rest of the contract. This is a clear indication to me that they knew a part of their contract was illegal.
    surely thats just legal speak not that they knew the contract or part of it was illegal just that if anyone were to try to prove part of it were then the rest of the contract would still stand

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    This situation reminds me that you need to get everything in writing.
    shame you cant trust some people isnt it

As are almost all cerocmetro venues hopefully the new one opening tonight in Bishops Stortford will be as well
    Could be its down to the fact that the crew in general are happy and they work for the fun of it and that although the teaching and the quality of the music are important the people who left st albans are not the only teachers and djs around

The latest email from Adam just received this morning, describes a few positive changes for St. Albans going forwards:

- it's going to start earlier (7.45) and they are looking to extend beyond 11pm.

- there will still be 3 classes

So the main issue - that people wanted more Freestyle - is being addressed.

In addition:

"Regarding the music, there will be more variety as requested by you."

.....that will be interesting......

All good news as far as I am concerned.

No it's not the end, just a new beginning. Both Amy and Marie are very good and will do a good job, but it is the dancers who make it what it is.

Good luck to Mick, Jo and John and if they are successful, then I am sure Ceroc will also benifit.

See all you lonely hearts at St Albans on Thursday. Don't forget to wear red.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoArtist View Post
    No it's not the end, just a new beginning. Both Amy and Marie are very good and will do a good job, but it is the dancers who make it what it is.

Good luck to Mick, Jo and John and if they are successful, then I am sure Ceroc will also benifit.

See all you lonely hearts at St Albans on Thursday. Don't forget to wear red.
    without doubt both marie and amy are great at their respective jobs
    cerocmetro will carry on growing and going from strength to strength

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tattoos-eye review, The New Place, Monday 18th February
    Seeing as there was no waistcoat for me to hide as a button in, I cunningly disguised myself as an extra tattoo on Mick's arm*, and snuck in last night to check the place out.

The venue itself is OK, a nice big hall - reminds me a bit of Finchley in fact... The directions on the site are rubbish, as they describe a roundabout which doesn't actually exist

The floor was OK, not wonderful - very bad by the bar area, a bit better by the stage.

The sound system didn't seem up to much, the quality wasn't very good.

It was reasonably busy - over 100 I reckon. Which is pretty much what you'd expect for a first night. Loads of women over, even by MJ standards. There were some new dancers, including some young people, so presumably they've been doing some marketing work.

One cringe-worthy moment was when Mick announced from the stage that they've got another night (there was a little woo hoo from the crowd) then he asked. "What night would you 'like' it on? How about a Tuesday?" - a couple more woo's from the class - then he asked "... da da DAAAA... What about a THURSDAY?" And then there were a few very loud - and obviously staged - cheers, but also a few, slightly stunned looking faces.

The classes were quite busy, but it did seem as though it fell a little flat later on for the freestyle. The atmosphere wasn't electric by any means - I think if I'd been a woman going by myself, I'd have had a pretty rubbish time, and lots of people left around 11pm.

Although it was quite funny, near the end of the evening, we had some drunken gate crashers, some of the students came in and started dancing, till security chucked them out

Other random observations:
    - Nice to see Viktor taxi-ing
    - There seemed to be more bags and coats around than I've ever seen anywhere before
    - There were quite a few dancers from St Albans there, I recognised a few.

Overall impression? Meh, it's a standard MJ venue. And there wasn't a single Tango track played all night

* An orange-and-black dragon, if you're interested

ijig was brilliant, the floor was great and the atmosphere was kicking. Mick & Jo are a great couple, who are young, modern, bubbly, fun and fantastic teachers. There wasn't one person that didn't have a smile on their face, apart from the guy that sneaked in to check out the place on Ceroc's behalf.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sparkler View Post
    ijig was brilliant, the floor was great and the atmosphere was kicking. Mick & Jo are a great couple, who are young, modern, bubbly, fun and fantastic teachers. There wasn't one person that didn't have a smile on their face, apart from the guy that sneaked in to check out the place on Ceroc's behalf.
    Oooh, who was that then?

In the latest email from Ceroc Metro it states that there are 2 new ('flagship') venues opening in South Herts (with 'huge' dance floors, full bars).........

I wonder what nights and which locations they will be? - Radlett, Bushey, Watford?...........Hatfield?

...and they are looking for crew and DJs (you need to have a wide knowledge of music, be a 'good' Ceroc dancer - and be able to drive).

....Exciting times: there is a wealth of choice around here through the week - and more to come!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    Oooh, who was that then?

I think that person knows who they are, according to them they snuck in to check the place out and had nothing good to say about it

Quote Originally Posted by martingold View Post
    i really dont agree any competition is always a good thing
    i think mick should have told adam he was leaving before anouncing to adams customers that he was opening a new independent venue by the way none of them have bothered to talk to adam in any way whatsoever at least until 3 pm saturday uk time as i was with tezi and robin today at a busk in bishops stortford) The way adam found out was because Mick sent a txt to Tezi after he had announced it to the class they couldnt even be bothered to phone her.I for one love micks teaching but this is purely a stab in the back

Funny you should mention that Mick didn't call Adam to tell him he wasn't working for him anymore, but i know someone that was let go from CM that knew Adam and was very good friends with him for about 8/9 years and Adam never phoned him to tell him he didn't want him working for CM anymore, the guy found out through someone else. So CM aren't so innocent

Ceroc DJ

Funny you should mention that Mick didn't call Adam to tell him he wasn't working for him anymore, but i know someone that was let go from CM that knew Adam and was very good friends with him for about 8/9 years and Adam never phoned him to tell him he didn't want him working for CM anymore, the guy found out through someone else. So CM aren't so innocent
    And suprisingly, there are always 2 sides to a story aren't there ?

Its a shame that some vindictive people are dancers - the rest of us are grown ups.

Well thats something i didnt know which is not good practice But as the old saying goes two wrongs dont make a right

I have always found adam to be very good as far as his friends go he has always looked after me and all of the people i know and i have been in and around cm for 9 years now

And its odd that you posted the same comment twice on the same thread was this a mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    And suprisingly, there are always 2 sides to a story aren't there ?

Its a shame that some vindictive people are dancers - the rest of us are grown ups.

You are absolutely right it is a real shame that some vindictive people are dancers - and the rest of US are grown ups.

And being on the outside of CM i see both sides of the story very clearly, doesn't mean i have to agree with both.

But hey life goes on, and people move on. So lets all be happy

Thread Information