Thread: Tango Por Dos

Tango Por Dos

Has anyone been to see Tango Por Dos with Miguel Angel Zotto in the past? Is it any good?

Am thinking of going, maybe on a Wednesday to try their taster workshop afterwards...

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Tango Por Dos

I saw it about a year ago - yes, it was great. I've even got the DVD of the show - well worth going to.

Saw it a few years ago and loved it.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    Has anyone been to see Tango Por Dos with Miguel Angel Zotto in the past? Is it any good?

Am thinking of going, maybe on a Wednesday to try their taster workshop afterwards...
    I'm going next Weds.

I didn't know anything about the workshops till after I'd booked. I hope you don't need a partner for them?

I'll take my shoes along anyway, just in case you don't!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

I saw them last time they were here and they were inspirational - well worth going!! I wasn't very impressed with the workshop afterwards though, but maybe it will be different this time. Have fun.
    Love, Kate xx

I saw it last night and it was awesome! Was the best dancing I've ever seen.

SuzyQ

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well i went last night and thought it was totally amazing!

Some of it is VERY sexy, surprisingly sleazy too (the girls costumes don't leave a lot to the imagination, that's for sure! )

The dance that stood out for me, was, when a couple danced right on the very edge of the stage,one foot actually over the edge most of the time.. my heart was in my mouth at the speed they were going, how they didn't wobble and fall off, heaven only knows

The down sides were, after a while, it got a little bit 'samey'.

I think it was probably to do with the music more than anything else. The band were excellent but its all down to taste and personally, I could have done with a few 'very different' Tango tracks interspersed throughout!

I didn't stay for the class in the end, as I'm still recovering from Southport and was too knackered.

I definitely recommend it to anyone who's in the slightest bit 'into' AT
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post

The dance that stood out for me, was, when a couple danced right on the very edge of the stage,one foot actually over the edge most of the time.. my heart was in my mouth at the speed they were going, how they didn't wobble and fall off, heaven only knows

The down sides were, after a while, it got a little bit 'samey'.
    This was the bit that impressed me too...Last Year.

The newspaper reviews indicate that it is pretty much the same as last year. Their recommendation was to make it 20 minutes shorter and have a new story.

Zuhal

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Yes! Yes! Yes!!! Sounds very familiar. I saw them several years ago at the Peacock theatre in Holborn. It was a very memorable part of the performance and as if they were teasing the audience. Incredibly precise footwork.

Totally forgot to post on here after seeing it last week

Really enjoyed it, wonderful dancing and yes, the bit on the edge of the stage was great Could have done without the band playing all the tracks between dances though... got a bit bored of the music without the dancing.

Too tired to do the workshop afterwards though

Let's hope that they develop some new material though and keep the show evolving, since everyone seems to be saying that they keep repeating it year after year.

I've been to see Tango por Dos twice - both times they were absolutely amazing. Thay also produce and sell at the theatre a very fine DVD of the performance, which I can strongly recommend. Some of the material is repeated - almost inevitably, but for me that didn't detract, having seen the same tango a few years before.
    Ian

Question Re: Tango Por Dos

Hi

I just went to see the Tango Por Dos show today at the Peacock Theatre in London and I thought it was absolutely amazing!

I didn't have the cash at the time to buy the DVD and when I came back with the money they said they were only selling it during the show. As today is the last day I was wondering if any of you would be willing to sell your copy of the DVD to me via a private auction on Ebay.

I have the money ready and I really need to get hold of the DVD of this brilliant show !!!!

If you have a copy of the programme as well that would be even better, please reply NOW if you can bear to part with yours!!! he he thanksssss

Thread Information