Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Heath Ledger Dead

Re: Heath Ledger Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Reet Petite View Post
    ....and one of your kids might end up being a film star one day....

Quote Originally Posted by Reet Petite View Post
    Just stay confused...it suits you
    There's no confusion. I just don't see a connection between Heath Ledger killing himself and your suggestion that my children might become film stars one day.

There's no need for you to make personal comments and be nasty just because you don't agree with what I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Saligal~*~ View Post
    I don't think the lack of help or the inclination to get help is limited to celebrities and/or people with plenty of money.
    Generally I find that society is ok if your wounds are visible - such as a broken leg. When the wounds aren't visible, then some people just don't understand - especially if they haven't experienced the problem themselves.
    There is help out there - but a lot of the times when people are in these states (if this is indeed the reason he died) they can't see that there is light.
    My concern is that with the focus on success and being constantly happy in life, that there isn't acceptance for sadness as well. The downtimes are required so that we can appreciate the uptimes.
    *rant over*

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    I agree (to an extent) but at the end of the day the person has to want to get help. I do know what I'm talking about here as having watched a very close family member slide down the rails it is a very painful experience. You can help to a certain degree but you can't force them to do it.
    Everyone has different circumstances and if I had the money to help out I would. I'd rather have my family and done all I could to help. Unfortunately there also has to come a time when you have to step away as they keep the finger on the self destruct button while promising to you that they are getting help.

Of course it would help if the people in the 'care & health system' actually looked at their patients properly instead of prescribing medicine that they cannot take while going through the destructive state.
    Someone can want help but be to embarrassed / lost to ask for it. Or the people he wants to turn to are the people he has hurt over the time. SO they don't want to listen. As being alone with your problems is the worst thing. As just makes them feel bigger and harder to deal with. It isnt too hard of a jump from not seeing the point to becoming lost and seeing that as the only way out.

I really hope it was just accidental......

Quote Originally Posted by knightengale View Post
    Someone can want help but be to embarrassed / lost to ask for it. Or the people he wants to turn to are the people he has hurt over the time. SO they don't want to listen. As being alone with your problems is the worst thing. As just makes them feel bigger and harder to deal with. It isnt too hard of a jump from not seeing the point to becoming lost and seeing that as the only way out.

I really hope it was just accidental......
    OD-ing on pills isn't accidental

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Shark View Post
    Yes i can be!

I.e had a few drinks and forgot how many you had already taken, or it didnt work well with the drink..

Or it could be your just forgot how many you already had.

Or felt like you might have need one more. i.e was on anti depressants. So it could (as still hasn't been confirmation) accidental.

Or taken more not really thinking it would kill you... So it is very possible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Shark View Post
    It can be accidental.

Accidental drug mix killed Ledger

Quote Originally Posted by BBC News
    The city medical examiner's spokeswoman said Ledger died "as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects" of the different drugs.

They include painkiller Oxycontin and anti-anxiety drugs Valium and Xanax.

Spokeswoman Ellen Borakove said: "What you're looking at here is the cumulative effects of these medications together."

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    OK, so it wasn't depression and loneliness that killed him, it was chronic stupidity. Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    OK, so it wasn't depression and loneliness that killed him, it was chronic stupidity. Idiot.
    Maybe he was... but apparently a sleeping pill called Stilnox was part of the mix, and recently there have been some reported side-effects about this drug that can be quite disturbing... Sleeping pill nightmare & Zolpidem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I don't think I would blame it all on stupidity...

Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Saligal~*~ View Post
    Maybe he was... but apparently a sleeping pill called Stilnox was part of the mix, and recently there have been some reported side-effects about this drug that can be quite disturbing... Sleeping pill nightmare & Zolpidem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I don't think I would blame it all on stupidity...
    It comes back to the doctors who prescribe all these cocktails of drugs without actually treating the problem.

Thread Information