Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forum Bullying

Forum Bullying

On another forum (which I'm banned), someone (A MODERATOR) wrote:

I like it how S666 has devolved from a slightly worrying forum member to to a thing of utter ridecule.

I'm gonna miss that guy like one of those clawed orange things from Silent Hill on the PSX gashing my actual thigh open then sticking their tongue in the wound to lap at the gooey bone marrow while I sit on a chair made of nails while watching Strictly Come Dancing as my eyes are pecked back by angry vultures as I drink whiskey and mustard by the pint load through a straw while trying to explain to the guy taking my spinal cord apart, piece by piece, how the drainage system taking away all the excess fluid being spilled on the floor should be set up so that it doesn't get covered and end up with hi falling over and doing himself an ingury and taking me to court for everthing I own, love and will ever possess and am forced to live in a salt mine along side a hobo who insists on telling me the same story about how he saw a mermaid once when he was in the Navy during the second world war and on the odd occasion singing to me the entire back catalogue of Hansen complete with his hobo friends doing backing vocals with my wounds never healing and drunken students urinating on me and then takigng me back to their place to be used as a oat pack as they feed me the contents of ashtrays they have accumilated over the years, eventually ending in the house being demolished and taking me down with it only for me to survive and I have to resort to eating the inside of my cheeks to give me enough energy to cry out for help untill worms burrow into my neck and eventually I cannot shout out as they have consumed my vocal chords and then choke to death on the shed skins of the worms that have lived so happily in my gullet for two to three months and when the police find me they wil see a great big grin on my face as I know that disturbing excuse of a DNA cluster is long gone and is hopefully jive dancing in the big concert hall in the sky.

=D
    Nice! (there's a bit more but I won't post it out of decency)

Seriously, do people get off on attacking people while being protected via a monitor? Does it make them feel big and clever? And have you ever received pathetic abuse over the internet?

The world is full of idiots. That is all.

Re: Forum Bullying

Quote Originally Posted by Steven666 View Post
    On another forum (which I'm banned), someone (A MODERATOR) wrote:

Nice! (there's a bit more but I won't post it out of decency)

Seriously, do people get off on attacking people while being protected via a monitor? Does it make them feel big and clever? And have you ever received pathetic abuse over the internet?

Why were you banned ?

On another forum (which I'm banned), someone (A MODERATOR) wrote .......
    WHAT A TURN OF PHRASE! either he (she ?) needs to get out more or start writing scripts for a dark SF TV series

Seriously, there will always be bullies, especially in cyberspace where there is litle risk of retribution. Its a cheap vicarious thrill, making the bully feel i,mportant and powerfull. Its also interesting to note that in a recent report 80% of people have been bullied at work. I find that appalling I've endured bullying elsewhere but never at work. I had no idea it was so rife.

Back to thread ... my experience has been that the moderators do a fair job here. Been on the recieving end of some cr*p from the usual fcukwits but its usualy been sorted out by the Mods in a quiet and cool way.

Commercial Operator

Oh stop complaining and hand over your lunch money.....

Seriously? Yes. One doesn't see that kind of attitude on here (things can get a bit heated (and maybe sometimes a teensy bit out of hand), sure, but we're mercifully (mostly) free from that kind of tirade, and certainly our mods are great ) - but I think the internet is pretty full of people who like to exert the kind of authority / control that they lack in their day-to-day lives - and a rant like that can give one a pretty good idea of why they lack it... (IMHO)

Sounds like a forum to steer clear of anyway . Surely you're better off away from it?

Donna

hmmmm... quite a disturbing read. The guy is completely nuts, and Gus is right, he should be turning that into some sort of Sci-Fi movie. Still, I thought it was that ridiculous, i couldn't help but laugh.

The reason for bullying on forums is that text has no tone and therefore people interpret things differently. Plus it's a great way of some people taking their anger out on others while disguising themselves with a forum name thinking they'll never get caught out.

Obviously this guy had nothing better to do but waste his energy typing that weird nonsense up, only to take a risk of being banned off the site. There are some very sad people out there...

(an ex-boss of mine) What good is power if you can't abuse it?
    You could complain to forum owner and their ISP. However if you want to waste your life worrying about people like that, you shoul try usenet.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The thought the bit, 'whilst watching Strictly come dancing' was a bit much

Fear not... We'd never stand for that, on this forum!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Seriously, there will always be bullies, especially in cyberspace where there is litle risk of retribution. Its a cheap vicarious thrill, making the bully feel i,mportant and powerfull. Its also interesting to note that in a recent report 80% of people have been bullied at work. I find that appalling I've endured bullying elsewhere but never at work. I had no idea it was so rife.
    I have, this second, formulated Barry's Law of 'Uh-huh, very likely' Statistics: divide by 10 to get the real figure. Like the '1 in 3 adult males has been convicted of a non-driving offence'. Don't believe it.

I'll bet a lot of these statistics are promulgated by people who use the same 'reasonable' (but incorrect) assumptions as the guy who squared the statistical likelihood of one cot-death in a household in order to arrive at an estimated statistical likelihood of two cot-deaths in a household.

And now! ...back to the thread.

"disturbing excuse of a DNA cluster".

Either that bloke is a bully or you have been really out of order. What did you do to get banned?

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Fear not... We'd never stand for that, on this forum!
    Me and Gav have both been threatened with physical violence on this forum, but as it was on PM, the mods could/would do nothing about it.

I'm no angel...I've been on temporary ban from this forum a few times for throwing my toys around, so I expect a bit of abuse back.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    I have, this second, formulated Barry's Law of 'Uh-huh, very likely' Statistics: divide by 10 to get the real figure. Like the '1 in 3 adult males has been convicted of a non-driving offence'. Don't believe it.
    Interesting .... Well, I think most people I know well suffered some degree of bullying at school. We were at school for about 10 years ... but been working for at least double that ...... OK ... you would like to think that adults would behave better than children, but there is a degree of evidence from just looking at this Forum to put a question mark by that .....

SO, what basis do you have for thinking bullying isn't that prevelant. I'm curious because I would regard a fair few of your previous posts as bullying in nature, if not in intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Me and Gav have both been threatened with physical violence on this forum, but as it was on PM, the mods could/would do nothing about it.
    Physical violence?!? I know there are at least a couple of few weirdos at every single MJ night I've ever been to in my life, so there's probably a fair few here too, but that's taking it a little far surely...

Dan

so what did you post to get banned?

Quote Originally Posted by gebandemuishond View Post
    Physical violence?!? I know there are at least a couple of few weirdos at every single MJ night I've ever been to in my life, so there's probably a fair few here too, but that's taking it a little far surely...

Dan
    Well...I wont go in to details, but a complaint was made to the mods and they said - as it was on a private message/neg rep comment (can't remember which one) they wont get involved. We were advised to put the forumite in question on our ignore list.

How about a deranged Policeman turning up to a venue to 'have a word' with his ex-wife ... and someone noticing he had a large klitchen knife tucked into his waistband Takes all sorts!

Having said that, only heard of a few punchups at club/freestyle nights ... and two of those were between women over a man. Class!

So you've been banned from a venue and banned from a Forum recently? Are you just very unlucky or did your behaviour contribute to these situations? Why did you get banned and not the guy that posted the above.

In either case, I'm sorry you've had these unpleasant experiences and hope things work out better for you in future.

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    Why were you banned ?
    For making too many new threads in their off topic forum. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    So you've been banned from a venue and banned from a Forum recently? Are you just very unlucky or did your behaviour contribute to these situations? Why did you get banned and not the guy that posted the above.

In either case, I'm sorry you've had these unpleasant experiences and hope things work out better for you in future.
    As for the MJ venue, I have been told that I can now return. Whether or not I will, time will tell.

As for the forum, it's moving to a new host today, so that may have been a end of term rant as it were. But out of the 19,000 members on the site, I'm officially the only member not welcome on the new site. It's a conspiracy. Granted I was opinionated in their off topic (something I choose not to be here) but it's just pathetic. In any case, I'll look forward to my one post on the new forum before I get an instant ban for turning up and posting. And I'm only going to say hello in the welcome.I'm new thread!!!

Oh dear!

ain't that the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    "
    I'm no angel...I've been on temporary ban from this forum a few times for throwing my toys around, so I expect a bit of abuse back.
    fair play honey, I give it out, but hope I am able to take it also

Dan
    some times people can say things in the heat of the moment, i'm learning, I would say things in the heat of the moment and to save face follow it through even though with time to reflect walking away would have been best, I am learning, there is more than one way of skinning a cat

some peole just have a knack of getting your back up

Guess who is the only person in the last 25 reps to -ve rep me

More to this them meets the eye

But out of the 19,000 members on the site, I'm officially the only member not welcome on the new site.

You wouldnt get banned (1 out of 19,000 ?) for posting too many threads ?? unless warned about it

Well they dont on here anyway

Guess who is the only person in the last 25 reps to -ve rep me
    Who?

More to this them meets the eye
    There usually is.

Thread Information