Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
Well, maybe - it's all speculative. The only people who knew for sure are both dead - and even then, they might have had different views of their relationship.

Actually, I said pretty much the same thing a year or so ago - here's the post.

He's having his day in court, the due process will happen, and then it'll be over. Assuming (wild guess) that the inquest concludes she was killed in a car accident, then that, to me, will be that. Any more actions afterwards by Al Fayed will lose me all sympathy for the guy - enough is enough.
Actually, I lost sympathy for him as soon as I found out how much he was lying and how much pressure he is putting on anyone he can in order to make them lie on his behalf. The jeweller, for example - what's his motive for lying (as Lord Stevenson found he was)? Why did Fayed (no Al, please) apparently re-furnish the whole of the Duchess of Windsor's Paris house with replica furniture weeks after he had auctioned off the originals in order to persuade a journalist that the house would have been available for Dodi to move into?

The man is an incorrigible liar and a cheat (according to government reports), a nasty bully (according to employment tribunals), and the fact that his son died 10 years ago would be no excuse for attempting to pervert the course of justice.