Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: You Whore Diana

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: You Whore Diana

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    Um - no it wouldn't! I don't think Mohammed Fayed is deluded, I think he's mendacious and vindictive.
    Ah, I see - so you think he doesn't really believe that whole conspiracy thing, but he's using the death of his son to pursue a vendetta against The Establishment? Ewww... Fair enough, I misunderstood.

Even so, MM doesn't exactly look great...

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    Ah, I see - so you think he doesn't really believe that whole conspiracy thing, but he's using the death of his son to pursue a vendetta against The Establishment? Ewww... Fair enough, I misunderstood.

Even so, MM doesn't exactly look great...
    Yup, that is what I believe. And it's the major factor in my current opinion that Neil Hamilton is not guilty of the charges of which he was convicted (note: I don't necessarily hold the opinion that he is innocent; but most of the evidence against him - Fayed's, and Fayed's employees' - I now consider to be worthless).

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    Huh?

I'll try again.

Suppose A dies leaving only one, mentally-incapable, (adult) son, B. There's a substantial estate. A's brother is executor but not a beneficiary, and is made a trustee of the estate. B's carer discovers that B's uncle is spending B's money on himself, and contacts a solicitor. Neither the solicitor nor a barrister can represent B at that stage, because he's not competent to give instructions. Can't take instructions from the carer because the carer has no legal obligation to B (might not want the job). So the solicitor would have to apply for the appointment of a 'friend' (which could be the carer, e.g.) who would have a legal responsibility to act in the best interests of B.

The 'friend' is not liable for the costs of the proceedings (unless he misconducts himself) because he is not acting on his own behalf, but it is the court order that proves that.

I wrote a whole bunch about the potential difficulties but you can imagine them for yourself.

If B was - eg - obsessive compulsive, that might be considered a mental disorder but not one that requires the appointment of a litigation friend. Paranoia might, depending on the severity.

Hands up who's bored?
    It must be very common in wills and probate due to the high amount of Alcheziemers Disease amongst the elderly?

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    It must be very common in wills and probate due to the high amount of Alcheziemers Disease amongst the elderly?
    Neeeeyr...so - so.

Depends on the severity of the Alzheimer's. Besides, if the beneficiaries are suffering from Alzheimers, they aren't going to be troubled by a surfeit of aunts and uncles.

Thread Information