Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you told a lie in the last 24hrs?

Re: Have you told a lie in the last 24hrs?

Quote Originally Posted by Genevieve View Post
    I'm the biggest liar in the world.......i just can't help myself, they just blurt out

I've probably told at least 50 in the last 24 hours. Fortunately I've also got a fantastic memory to compensate

have you been a good girl this week

I will know

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    Generally no, I tend to tell the truth for the same reasons as Yli - the only person I could ever lie to was my mother...

I might "lie by omission", not telling someone the whole story about something sometimes, but that would often be because I felt that the information would upset them, and so avoid telling them unless asked outright - in which case I would tell the truth. Or sometimes at work when I've not done something I was supposed to

But does it matter S38? The white lies at any rate. The little partial truths, or omissions, that oil social interaction everyday and allow us to make other people feel better about themselves, or stop us feeling guilty?
    No it doesnt matter one bit

I dont judge

We have all lied in the last 24hrs wether its ill be home 8.00pm and your home 8.03pm or I twisted my ankle in a hole in the middle of the road when it was actually 7 degrees of centre

If you want a debate about what is a 'lie' you will need DS Barry and DJ for that. If you want salvation re lying to your mother there was athread about that in the past ?

Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    I can easily say that NO i haven't told a lie in the last 24 hours.
    This I can believe

I'm a really bad liar - so I prefer to tell the truth (takes more energy to lie for me than to tell the truth - my conscience gets to me )
    As a kid I used to try to get past my Mum by lying, but she said the truth would always come to the surface and she would find out that I was lying. Most of the time she was right... so I soon learnt not to bother lying.
    I saw something on telly a few years ago on how there are people who lie constantly - most of them white ones. Whether it be by omission or exaggeration. When they ran the video past the person and asked them outright which comments were lies the person was shocked at how often they actually lied.
    Interesting thread.

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    have you been a good girl this week

I will know
    Yes I have been a good girl!! You didn't see that one coming again, did you?

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    If you want a debate about what is a 'lie' you will need DS Barry and DJ for that. If you want salvation re lying to your mother there was athread about that in the past ?
    I guess I was curious about why you were asking the question in the first place...

As for "salvation" re. lying to my mother - not necessary. Don't believe in the concept, and since she's been dead for 20 years, it's a bit late to ask for any forgiveness! Can't even remember what I lied about now anyway! Inconsequential things such as yes when asked if I'd tidied my bedroom probably... And I have no guilt about that.

sometimes a little white lie can make life so much easier.

Why if I hadn't have given the police a little lie when they asked me if the patio in the back garden had been recently laid then they would have probably dug it up and found all the bodies I stashed under there.. And I wouldn't be here today..

That little white lie was really handy

[quote=Trouble;443373] I hate being lied too. Its the one thing that i can not tolerate especially from a partner. Infact i would go as far to say its a relationship ender if i found out somebody was lying to me that i was with.

[quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    I hate being lied too. Its the one thing that i can not tolerate especially from a partner. Infact i would go as far to say its a relationship ender if i found out somebody was lying to me that i was with.

anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong i mean how old are we that we need to hide behind lies

very naughty yesterday to my friend.

we had to make a dance up in P.E and my friends made me choreographer so i thought of a few ideas and showed my group what i wanted them to do.

we then had to perform it along with the routine we'd been taught by our teacher and at one point id organized a bit where we one person does their thing and emma bless her couldn't remember a thing so she stood there and then eventually waved her hands in the air and turned, then she fell.

she was so worried how it went and everyone was laughing behind her back so when she whispered to me "did i do ok?" I smiled and said "Emma you were great!"

evryone was taking the mickey out of her performance in maths because shes not in my class.

what was i supposed to say?

"No emma you were crap?"

or

i suppose i could have said

well...it was hardly fred astaire and you could have tried harder..

the point is she felt great and believed she was good.

even though she looked an utter idiot standing like a rabbit caught in headlights

Thread Information