Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How can the same stuff happen to the same person time and time and time again?

Re: How can the same stuff happen to the same person time and time and time again?

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget View Post
    He's too good at what he does and it pays a lot more than the medical path.
    gee Shucks

He is also the world's most unlucky and lucky person at the same time:
    Yes this is true.. I'm the sort of person who has been blown up, partially drowned, electrocuted, had masonry dropped on me from a great height, fallen out of a 2nd floor balcony, been hit by cars 4 times, had my foot impaled to the ground with a metal spike.. and I keep on ticking.

Something always intervenes and I usually get away with next to no serious injuries.. for example.. the balcony drop? I fell onto the recently dug gardens.. with a big pile of fresh mulch over the top .. a nice soft landing!

the masonry? something scared me and I looked .. just as a lump of wood , slate and concrete whizzed past where my head was a split second earlier and bounced off my leg instead !

a meteor strike may blow him up with everyone else, but he is the only one who would impact in the back of an open mattress delivery truck .}
    hehe.. I blame my three fairy godmothers.. the evil one made me the unluckiest person alive.. hoping I'd die a hideous premature death. The good one made me the luckiest person alive at the same time.. I'd get into scrapes but somehow get out again relatively unscathed.. and the third one gave me the sense of humour to deal with all this

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    Besides which, he's far too scatty, and is always misnaming things... if he had to perform an appendectomy, god knows what would get removed by mistake
    hmm.. good point!

"Hi yes.. Where's my patient? under going Brain surgery? but he's only supposed to be having his ingrown toe nail surgically fixed.. By Brian.. ah, erm.. I see where I may have the typo !!. "

An Eclectic Toaster

Re: How can the same stuff happen to the same person time and time and time again?

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1970 View Post
    Yes this is true.. I'm the sort of person who has been blown up, partially drowned, electrocuted, had masonry dropped on me from a great height, fallen out of a 2nd floor balcony, been hit by cars 4 times, had my foot impaled to the ground with a metal spike.. and I keep on ticking.
    Beowulf, you are Captain Scarlet* and I claim my £5

*For younger readers: just like Captain Jack, but better acting and more realistic plotlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart M View Post
    *For younger readers: just like Captain Jack, but better acting and more realistic plotlines.
    Alas the younger viewers still have Captain Scarlet .. but now he's a CGI animation and not filmed in the fantastic Supermarionation of the original series

"They crash him, and his body may burn; they smash him, but they know he'll return to live again."

hmm.. think I've found my new sig

(just how did this thread get from 1st aid to good deeds to Captain Scarlet? ah .. i ramble.. that's why !! I've derailed my own thread )

It's in your field to be a helper perhaps? *putting on doctor-like specs* do you have a family history of being "the helper/fixer"? hmmm?

I usually get asked the time and for directions - even in foreign countries when it's obvious I'm not even a local! when talking to a few friends someone put the same question to me... was I the "natural family helper/fixer"? and I spose I am, so it was put to me that I give off the energy as such... dunno how much truth there is to it - sometimes just having "a" reason helps put the question to bed when there isn't such a logical answer available.

Thread Information