Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bizarre Phobias

Commercial Operator
    Originally posted by Lindsay
    Spiders

They have to die... (sorry Aleks....)
    I'm an arachnophobe too...but I'm getting better, and I actually touched one last week on purpose...(ok so it was only half my thumbnail size, but one has to start somewhere)....however the big ***k off sized ones with the attitude and the doc Martens, that run faster that Red Rum, are still a problem......and if Mrs D ain't around to dispose of them into the garden, they get "the shoe"

Originally posted by Dance Demon
    they get "the shoe"

They are all god's creatures

B.T.C.
    Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
    you dont have any phobias bar that one then - which means, reading between the lines, you have a phobia about admitting you have a phobia about people with phobias ?

No no no...........you read between the wrong lines DS

I don't have a phobia about ADMITTING I have a fear of phobics who have bizarre phobias it's the fact that I have a fear of them so that being the case it's the fear of them rather than the fear of admitting it which would of course be a very different phobia would it not !?

That would mean a phobia of admission rather than phobia of bizarre phobics but of course it would be possible to have a fear of the admission of having a phobia of bizarre phobics which could mean you might have two simultaneous phobias. Is it possible to have such simultaneous phobias and not realsie you did indeed have even one, let alone two bizarre phobias????

Originally posted by Pammy
    They are all god's creatures
    Which is why DD has sent them back to Him.

The Forum Legend
    Originally posted by Graham
    Or Her.

Steve

Commercial Operator
    Precisely...and if he doesn't mind them in his house, then he can have 'em all...........

Originally posted by Bill
    No no no...........you read between the wrong lines DS

I don't have a phobia about ADMITTING I have a fear of phobics who have bizarre phobias it's the fact that I have a fear of them so that being the case it's the fear of them rather than the fear of admitting it which would of course be a very different phobia would it not !?

That would mean a phobia of admission rather than phobia of bizarre phobics but of course it would be possible to have a fear of the admission of having a phobia of bizarre phobics which could mean you might have two simultaneous phobias. Is it possible to have such simultaneous phobias and not realsie you did indeed have even one, let alone two bizarre phobias????
    I have a phobia about big ships...explain that one. (Titanic wasn't a disaster movie to me it was a horror movie...I thought I was going to faint with fear all the way through it but I'd read the bloomin book "Feel the fear and do it anyway" and so I tortured myself by going.

Originally posted by Forte
    I have a phobia about big ships...explain that one. (Titanic wasn't a disaster movie to me it was a horror movie...I thought I was going to faint with fear all the way through it but I'd read the bloomin book "Feel the fear and do it anyway" and so I tortured myself by going.
    Next time I see "Win a cruise on the QE2" I must get you to enter for me - under Murphy's Law you'd be bound to win!

Next time I see "Win a cruise on the QE2" I must get you to enter for me - under Murphy's Law you'd be bound to win!
    There you go...on about the law again! You and Steve are obsessed!

re spiders

The big ones in your houses live on dead skin and if you kill a spider it rains for a week. Ah! so thats why its always raining in Scotland.

Daphne

Re: re spiders

Originally posted by Alfie
    The big ones in your houses live on dead skin
    Is that true? Who told you that?

Re: Re: re spiders

Originally posted by Scooby Doo
    Is that true? Who told you that?
    Yep, and they sleep in your ears when you'r asleep an' lay eggs in your brain. Kill'em kill'em'all

You are freaking me out!

Originally posted by Dance Demon
    I'm an arachnophobe too...but I'm getting better, and I actually touched one last week on purpose...(ok so it was only half my thumbnail size, but one has to start somewhere)....however the big ***k off sized ones with the attitude and the doc Martens, that run faster that Red Rum, are still a problem......and if Mrs D ain't around to dispose of them into the garden, they get "the shoe"
    This description of a big spider is PARTICULARLY FREAKING ME OUT!!!!! Stop it! I don't have a "Mrs D" to kill mine!

B.T.C.
    ah, but the advantage of having big spiders is that you know where they are. Why not feed them up so they are obvious and then have them as pets ?

Take them for walks and given them names so they become part of the family.

At least if they're big they won't crawl into your ears or up your nose like the little ones might and then let thier eggs hatch so they have to squirm and burrow to get out again

Am I allowed to swear at you? I bet you pulled the girls' pigtails in the playground didn't you? My cats sometimes kill them for me so there! Ha!

The Forum Legend
    I bet you pulled the girls' pigtails in the playground didn't you?
    He still does!

Steve

My cats sometimes kill them for me so there! Ha!
    Cats also play with their prey....don't be too surprised if one day your saviour-moggy (having read this) drops a live wiggling spider into your lap...even worse by your ear when you're asleep...you think I'm joking?

Originally posted by Boomer
    Cats also play with their prey....don't be too surprised if one day your saviour-moggy (having read this) drops a live wiggling spider into your lap...even worse by your ear when you're asleep...you think I'm joking?
    Oh good grief! Actually you are right! I have had to batton down the cat flap because they moggies keep bringing me "presents". Usually poor wee field mice or cute birds which are NOT cute when their feathers are all over my hall. They only do it when I run out of whiskas and have to give them dried cat food...I think it is their way of telling me "Get with the meat programme, sister! (Phew...are we off spiders now? Hurray!)

Oh good grief! Actually you are right! I have had to batton down the cat flap because they moggies keep bringing me "presents". Usually poor wee field mice or cute birds which are NOT cute when their feathers are all over my hall. They only do it when I run out of whiskas and have to give them dried cat food...I think it is their way of telling me "Get with the meat programme, sister! (Phew...are we off spiders now? Hurray!)
    My cat heaves if he eats spiders! Luckily my cats are too *chunky* to catch any presents for me.

Px

Thread Information