Thread: One of those days!

One of those days!

Those days when your dancing like Dumbo the Elephant. You can't do anything right. Not even the basics. What do you do?

Give it up as a bad job? Stick it out till the end of the night? Take a break from it all?

What do you do after you have had one of those days?

---

Personally, I stuck it out till the end tonight as I don't like leaving early, probably much to the dismay of anyone I danced with (*says soz to Rubyred*). I think I have a break from this till next Saturday at least. But I know when this happens it usually lasts for a week or two. Arrrggghhh. So if your at Rollerworld at Derby on Saturday, I'll apologise in advance now!

Re: One of those days!

If I'm not driving - head to the bar for a drink or 3, if I am driving then head for the cake!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven666 View Post
    Those days when your dancing like Dumbo the Elephant. You can't do anything right. Not even the basics. What do you do?

Give it up as a bad job? Stick it out till the end of the night? Take a break from it all?

---
    not admit it on here....

If I'm not driving, I'll have a pint or two. It's surprising how much difference that can make in terms of loosening you up. I may not dance better afterwards, but I'll be more relaxed and enjoy it more despite not dancing my best. Sometimes, though, just loosening up a bit like that actually does help me to dance better.

I don't have more than one or two drinks though, otherwise my dancing really goes out of the window as I suddenly forget everything I know and end up doing about 20 first moves in each dance!

Quote Originally Posted by Baruch View Post
    I don't have more than one or two drinks though, otherwise my dancing really goes out of the window as I suddenly forget everything I know and end up doing about 20 first moves in each dance!
    Sounds like me!

---

Personally, I stuck it out till the end tonight as I don't like leaving early, probably much to the dismay of anyone I danced with (*says soz to Rubyred*). I think I have a break from this till next Saturday at least. But I know when this happens it usually lasts for a week or two. Arrrggghhh. So if your at Rollerworld at Derby on Saturday, I'll apologise in advance now!
    don't ask anyone to dance. Those you know well who ask you to dance, tell them you're not dancing well (then either dance or not dance).
    Those you've never seen before who ask you to dance are probably beginners, so accept the dances, and keep it to what you know you can do well.

And remember (if you've been dancing for a while), you on a bad day are probably better than average on an average day.

[and, if you take my advice not to ask for dances, count how many dances you actually have]

Thread Information