Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Copmplete lack of customer service at Ashtons

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Ashtons B&W ball, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    reducing the numbers by 50 is an empty gesture that will make no difference to the space available.
    We don't know that it's 50 less - that's just the gossip I heard, it could be completely wrong.

Re: Copmplete lack of customer service at Ashtons

[quote=DavidJames;439104]
    Don't get me wrong, I agree that it's not a good response, but if it is the venue management's fault, what else can you do? At least she explained the situation.

And just exactly WHERE ON THIS THREAD has any explanation been given for the rude and useless staff on duty that night.

Maybe if the Ceroc venue manager could be bothered to offer an apology, or at the very least reply to all of these points on this thread, then we could say she explained the situation.

At the moment she is saying nothing about how poor and shabby her staff are, makes you proud to be a Cerocer.

XXX XXX DTS Dave

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    But if those numbers are correct, to be honest, 350 is still way too many in my view - 300 at very most in Ashtons, and I'd prefer 250 if I'm going to get anything like a good dance.
    Sounds like a fair point. At Stockport last night there was around 450 dancers and it was a bit too busy ... even though the venue is HUGE. From what I remember, Ashtons is a bit smaller than Northwich and the limit there was 250.

Hi DTS have you tried contacting Lindyloo on the forum as its her venue. I know she is busy at the moment with a young child, Christmas etc but, sure she would have something to say about this. Maybe next time mention it to the bar staff or me if I am there. I would have been there myself friday but, due to a head injury thought it was best I didnt dance

Not sure how to highlight what people have said on other posts but, getting back to Bigjivers comments about the heating. The venue is massive and takes ages to heat up. Its not until 100 or so people are there does it feel warm even with the heating on. I understand that the heating goes off after midnight but guess the radiators take time to cool down. I can assure you that the heating is not on high to get people to buy more drinks we leave that for the young peoples night clubs. I work at the Galtymore/Ashtons (not for Ceroc) and when I arrive its freezing and when eveyone has gone home the temperature just drops. Free tap water - a tricky one. Guess the water is free but, it has to be poured into a glass, a glass collected has to be paid to collect the glasses and a dishwasher has to be used to wash the glass. Charging 50p or £1 covers this. Any grievances then I would contact the venue itself - nothing to do with Ceroc. Maybe there should be no bar and Ceroc supply tap water and panda pops for the dancers.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Missy D View Post
    Any grievances then I would contact the venue itself - nothing to do with Ceroc.
    Thats not good enough really is it? "its not our problem" is the worst of customer service.

I have no issue with the drinks at Ashtons, I dont drink much although they are expensive, but that is a problem for the venue not Ceroc.

I have an issue with the " I cant be bothered", on the front desk [edited by request of DTS].

As for Lindyloo she answered other people on the Black and White Ball thread, her post says it all really.

It seems to me who ever I pay my money to has a responsability to at least make a token effort at customer service.

To be quite honest I have had my say on the matter and now it is boring the sh1t out of me.

My gripe was with customer service lots more issues have been flagged up by other people.

XXX XXX DTS Dave
    Last edited by ducasi; 24th-December-2007 at 10:28 AM. Reason: edited by request of DTS to remove insulting comments

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Missy D View Post
    Hi DTS have you tried contacting Lindyloo on the forum as its her venue.
    Lindyloo has responded. Her response is to call us the following.

Quote Originally Posted by lindyloo View Post
    you moaning lot

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    This seems to be the level of customer service offered by this venue.

I suppose the next step will be to ban me from this event for daring to raise a complaint about the poor level of staff at this event.
    XXX XXX DTS Dave

I think if you speak to the people that have been coming to Ashtons for many years and make it one of the most successful London venues that customer care is my utmost priority. The truth is we want nice people there who like to party and enjoy themselves, especially at XMas.

So Dave on that note please feel free not to come along.

Its not ignorance or arrogance Andy. I've been in this business long enough to know that I'd rather have a venue with 20 people less if it means one that has a better atmosphere and one that is full with people who are there to enjoy themselves not to moan, its as simple as that!.

And Andy we did the greed bit last year, don't you remember, but its nice to see you never put things to bed!

The truth is we want nice people there who like to party and enjoy themselves, especially at XMas...So Dave on that note please feel free not to come along.
    Whether Dave is nice or not is entirely irrelevant.

I've been in this business long enough to know that I'd rather have a venue with 20 people less if it means one that has a better atmosphere and one that is full with people who are there to enjoy themselves not to moan, its as simple as that!.
    But Ashtons IS too hot and over crowded. Are you saying you only want people to come to Ashtons who will put up and shut up? Basically anyone who dares to point out any problems such as 'Customer Service' issues, your attitude is go somewhere else if you don't like it.

At least you are right on one thing...

I've been in this business long enough

Commercial Operator

Apologies for not responding quicker, its just that I have another busy life and don't spend all my time on the forum like some of you seem to do!

It seems you are basing your massive statement on 1 comment that was made on Friday night, which of course I will be following up as I do all complaints. Hence why we got rid of Bob and have now the fabulous Annette DJiing on Wednesday and why we pay more and have 2/3 DJ's on a FRiday night and 4 at the Ball

However and thankyou to Missy for explaining the situation

2 Wednesday's ago we had about 10 complaints when people arrived that the venue was freezing and because its so enormous it is so cold when you first arrive. This was when the venue turned the heating off in the afternnoon, as they thought we wanted it off. The bar staff got bombarded with people asking them to turn the heating on for an hr. However this is impossible with the huge old radiators and its basically all or nothing. The management have assured me that the heating will be turned on and then off at 9pm so when everyone arrives at least they are warmish. Also these radiators still feel walm 4/5 hrs after they are turned off.

I imagine my door person was extremly busy, as it was the Friday before XMas and probably freezing herself as sadly she has to sit right at the entrance of the venue rather than in the main hall (because too many people try to sneak in - sad I know) so she probably asked you to go and talk to the bar staff as she was no-where near them.

I'm also completely fed up with people moaning about everything, hence my comment, no matter how hard and how much effort you put into making everyone happy, although strangly it usually it is the same faces from a small group of people!

And Andy the tickets ranged from £10 to £25 at the ball last year

Commercial Operator

Whether Dave is nice or not is entirely irrelevant.

No its not I only want people who are nice there and if hes not he can stay away!

But Ashtons IS too hot and over crowded. Are you saying you only want people to come to Ashtons who will put up and shut up? Basically anyone who dares to point out any problems such as 'Customer Service' issues, your attitude is go somewhere else if you don't like it.

Did you not read what I said! Thats why we are reducing the numbers, because we listened to what people said last year. That is not my attitude - please read my answers and take them in without making idle remarks!

Did you not read what I said!
    Err...I read this, if that's what you are referring to...

Just to let you moaning lot know that we are selling less tickets than last year
    How many less exactly?

The truth is we want nice people there who like to party and enjoy themselves, especially at XMas.

So Dave on that note please feel free not to come along.

Its not ignorance or arrogance Andy. I've been in this business long enough to know that I'd rather have a venue with 20 people less if it means one that has a better atmosphere and one that is full with people who are there to enjoy themselves not to moan, its as simple as that!.

And Andy we did the greed bit last year, don't you remember, but its nice to see you never put things to bed!
    So if i dare to to make a request from one of your staff and then complain about her response you reply by inviting me to not come along.

If I have made numerous complaints about your venue..Fair enough...But to my knowledge I have made 1 complaint and then numerous people took the opportunity to air their opinions.

You obviously do not know me as I enjoy myself on dancing nights, I will however post my comments good or bad as these comments are my oppinion and mine alone.

I will look forward to a good night on Thursday.

XXX XXX DTS Dave

Blog Entries

I've never complained about Ashtons because I've never had reason to, however, if, as a paying customer, I made my first valid complaint and was instantly labelled one of the "moaning lot" I would be seriously unimpressed.

With respect, whether you're running a business to make money and/or to please your customers, you must expect some complaints because you can't please everyone.
    Surely posting on a national forum that you're fed up with all the moaning and implying that certain people spend too much time on that forum is not good business practise.

Do you never get any good comments? You make it sound like you don't. If you do, your posts make it sound like you value good comments less than bad comments?

I don't know you, my comments are based on what I've seen you posting today, but there are probably a fair few other people on here in the same boat wondering if they should bother trying Ashtons.

However and thankyou to Missy for explaining the situation

I imagine my door person was extremly busy, as it was the Friday before XMas and probably freezing herself as sadly she has to sit right at the entrance of the venue rather than in the main hall (because too many people try to sneak in - sad I know) so she probably asked you to go and talk to the bar staff as she was no-where near them.

I'm also completely fed up with people moaning about everything, hence my comment, no matter how hard and how much effort you put into making everyone happy, although strangly it usually it is the same faces from a small group of people!
    Thank you for responding
    1st I made 1 complaint then the flood gates opened so lets deal with my issue.

Your door staff had a large chap in a black jacket stood next to her as I approached him and he informed me he does not work for Ceroc but just helps out.

When I talked to your door staff SHE could easily have asked him to have a word.

2nd this is the 1st time I have ever raised an issue at this venue. This thread has turned into a bash Ashtons thread by other people. So please dont call me a moaner just because I raised 1 issue, instead of coming out of your corner fighting maybe try to sort the issue out instead of moaning about all and sundry to boot. I am looking forward to enjoying myself on Thursday.

XXX XXX DTS Dave
    Last edited by Lory; 23rd-December-2007 at 05:27 PM. Reason: fixed quotes

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am looking forward to enjoying myself on Thursday.
    Assuming you're talking about the B&W ball, you may be a bit early there Dave...

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

I am looking forward to enjoying myself on Thursday.
    Where are you going on thursday Dave?

Commercial Operator

Dave, you were the one who said I'm going to get banned now!

I merely took you up on your offer, nothing to do with complaints

Commercial Operator

Absolutely, long enough to still be successful in everything I do ..... and you!

Absolutely, long enough to still be successful in everything I do
    Well, we'll have to take your word for that. So anyway, how many less are there going to be at The Black and White ball?

Thread Information