Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How they rip you off

Re: How they rip you off

Quote Originally Posted by Caro View Post
    Well, exactly. So if a company came around with a basic principle of 'caring for their customers' (and acting accordingly), they would be pretty much unique on the market.... I'd sign up for it, for a start. I suspect lots of other peeps would too.

I don't know, may be it's impossible to combine both a large company and focused customer attention. I don't think so though, it's only impossible for as long as nobody has done it successfully.
    Dream on.

I, for one, wouldn't trust any company that claimed to offer some additional level of customer care unless there were guarantees attached - like, automatic compensation if it takes longer than 2 minutes to answer a call, 20 minutes to deal with a problem, stuff like that. And quite simply no company offereing that sort of thing is going to survive.

You'd have to have enormous resources in place in order to deal with problems, and that's going to cost a lot more than a nominal extra amount for - whatever the service is.

If you want it in banking, it's available now, from Coutts and similar. But you need to be rich (or a toff) to open an account and you pay through the nose for the privilege of top shelf customer care.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    If companies wanted good customer relations we wouldn't have call centres, let alone ones in foreign countries, we wouldn't be subject to the strenuous efforts of the sales force to sell us extended warranties, shops wouldn't be so crowded with goods that trying to walk between one rack and the next is a job for the SAS, we wouldn't have people selling chicken injected with beef chemicals so that it will hold more water and thus sell for more per chicken, we wouldn't have adverts telling us that something is a 'Healthy Eating' choice becuase it's low fat while neglecting to say it's 55% sugar, and so on.
    For all those things, I blame the consumer more than the companies. If people are prepared to buy extended warranties at inflated prices, poor quality meat etc, then of course companies will try to sell them.

And a lot of it has to do with time - eg people go to big supermarkets and buy often pretty low quality food, because its easier and more convenient than going to a series of local shops - grocers, butchers etc. Tends to be cheaper in the big stores too.

So you trade off convenience and price against customer care. Its our choice as customers.

Its also our choice to remain a customer of a company that lets us down in customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    For all those things, I blame the consumer more than the companies. If people are prepared to buy extended warranties at inflated prices, poor quality meat etc, then of course companies will try to sell them.

And a lot of it has to do with time - eg people go to big supermarkets and buy often pretty low quality food, because its easier and more convenient than going to a series of local shops - grocers, butchers etc. Tends to be cheaper in the big stores too.

So you trade off convenience and price against customer care. Its our choice as customers.

Its also our choice to remain a customer of a company that lets us down in customer service.
    All true. But that's not the point I was making.

All true. But that's not the point I was making.
    And your point wasn't the point Caro and I were making either.

Sort of how discussions tend to go.

Errrr Uummmm Teracotta?
    XXX XXX DTS Dave

Make sure you have the details of the site operator - the developer, in other words.

Next time there's a vehicle on your garden, do the following.

"This vehicle, registration number xxxxxx, was photographed trespassing on my property at [time] on [date]. It is known to be operated by [x] who are providing [y] services to contractors in respect of the construction of properties at [address or description, eg. 'land adjacent to (address)]. Further trespasses will also be noted and recorded.

On the completion of the construction works a landscape gardener will be instructed to repair damage to my lawn [and anything else] and the bill will be forwarded to [developer] for payment. IN the event that payment is not forthcoming then a claim will be made on the Small Claims Track in the County Court for damages. The claim will include the contemporary notes and digital photographs taken of all offending vehicles.

A copy of this note has been sent to [developer]."
    Thanks Barry

Dream on.
    happily

Thread Information