Thread: Well, Ah'll be dipped in sheeyit!

Well, Ah'll be dipped in sheeyit!

The US National Intelligence Estimate reports that, contrary to the very firm findings it published only two years ago, Iran is not trying to build nuclear weapons.

All I can say is, good job they worked this out before they invaded the country.

With Iraq, they didn't discover that earlier intelligence briefings were horse-puckey until after thousands of people had been killed, billions of dollars had been spent and the US lost all its remaining credibility in third world countries and probably thousands of young moslems decided to join the jihad against the west. (Some of whom strapped on rucksacks and attacked London's transport network.)

I wonder if anyone is going to go back and look at President Ahmedinajad's speeches and the US reaction to them in the light of this new intelligence report?

Times article.

Commercial Operator

Re: Well, Ah'll be dipped in sheeyit!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    The US National Intelligence Estimate reports that, contrary to the very firm findings it published only two years ago, Iran is not trying to build nuclear weapons.

All I can say is, good job they worked this out before they invaded the country.
    Well - to be honest, I just wonder in cases like this just what political ends are being served by the about-face.

Something akin to:
    Step 1) Order your researchers to create a report stating that they have a nuclear programme.
    Step 2) [lots of political wrangling]
    Step 3) [get what you want / have a major policy shift / run out of money / some other factor ]
    Step 4) Order a new report stating that they do not have a nuclear programme.

Whether or not they actually do have such a programme being, of course, of secondary importance.

Or am I being far too cynical?

FROM TIMES ARTICLE QUOTED BY BARRY:

“It [the report] confirms that we were right to be worried about Iran seeking to develop nuclear weapons. The intelligence also tells us that the risk of Iran acquiring a nuclear weapon remains a very serious problem.

“It suggests the President has the right strategy: intensified international pressure along with a willingness to negotiate.”

Now far be it from me to suggest that Dubya actually knew what he was doing when he was ranting on about Iran, but the report doesn't actually say that it was the wrong approach!

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, that's rubbish.

I know they've got nukes - I've watched "Spooks", you know. Which probably makes me better-informed than most of the US intelligence agencies.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    Well, that's rubbish.

I know they've got nukes - I've watched "Spooks", you know. Which probably makes me better-informed than most of the US intelligence agencies.
    (I used to know a few US army intelligence officers who worry the hell out of me that they might still be being taken seriously...)

The US National Intelligence

Quote Originally Posted by Tessalicious View Post
    (I used to know a few US army intelligence officers who worry the hell out of me that they might still be being taken seriously...)
    I wrote before (causing some confusion at the time) 'army intelligence' is an oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    FROM TIMES ARTICLE QUOTED BY BARRY:

“It [the report] confirms that we were right to be worried about Iran seeking to develop nuclear weapons. The intelligence also tells us that the risk of Iran acquiring a nuclear weapon remains a very serious problem.

“It suggests the President has the right strategy: intensified international pressure along with a willingness to negotiate.”

Now far be it from me to suggest that Dubya actually knew what he was doing when he was ranting on about Iran, but the report doesn't actually say that it was the wrong approach!
    It must be the wrong approach.

1. It inflames Americans against Iran when international relations are already strained.
    2. If inflames Iranians against the US because their leaders are saying - "We aren't building a nuclear bomb!! But no-one will believe us" - while the pasty ancient fatsos in the US won't pay any attention
    3. It inflames other nations - particularly Israel - against Iran because it reinforces Israel's basic core belief that all the nations within a 1000 mile radius (possibly excpet Greece) want to bomb it back to the stone age
    4. It further reduces US confidence in its intelligence agencies since they have to report that their 2005 report had already failed to note a decision it now says was taken by Iran no later than 2004. The 2005 report was absolutely, totally categorical that the Iranian intention was to build its own nuclear weapon programme. Now it's - "er, sorry, but not not only is that not true any more - er - it wasn't even true then..."
    5. I've seen nothing that suggests evidence of a cause and effect relationship between GWB's so-called 'policies' and Iran's decision. It's fatuous as well as arrogant to assume that US policy is the only or even the most powerful influence on Iran's internal policies.

I'm not disagreeing with you, Barry, I'm just quoting back to you what it says in the article you quoted to us!

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with you, Barry, I'm just quoting back to you what it says in the article you quoted to us!
    That's good, 'cos I wasn't disagreeing with you - I was disagreeing with the article!

Commercial Operator

I've been fairly balanced over this issue.

Until now...

.. our lovely teacher being put in prison because he called a teddy bear "Mohammed" has changed my mind. There are people in Sudan who think she should be killed in the name of their God

This Muslim faith is breeding fanatics. They want to kill nice, middle-aged English teachers. Why, oh why do we let them live in our country and set fire to our underground stations? Why do we let them incite racial hatred in our cites, towns and villages?

I say we should send them back to the Sudan ...

.. the time for tolerance has come to an end. The politically correct have allowed fanatics to thrive in our country and cry out for the killing of peaceful British citizens. The time has come for us to say NO MORE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    I've been fairly balanced over this issue.

Until now...

.. our lovely teacher being put in prison because he called a teddy bear "Mohammed" has changed my mind. There are people in Sudan who think she should be killed in the name of their God

This Muslim faith is breeding fanatics. They want to kill nice, middle-aged English teachers. Why, oh why do we let them live in our country and set fire to our underground stations? Why do we let them incite racial hatred in our cites, towns and villages?

I say we should send them back to the Sudan ...

.. the time for tolerance has come to an end. The politically correct have allowed fanatics to thrive in our country and cry out for the killing of peaceful British citizens. The time has come for us to say NO MORE!!!

NURSE! NURSE!

Time for Mr M's tablets, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post

.. our lovely teacher being put in prison because he called a teddy bear "Mohammed"
    Not another one, this is becoming ridiculous - a veritable army of teddy bears, all saying "I am Mohammed!", "NO, I am Mohammed!". Someone should make a film of it.

Commercial Operator

NURSE! NURSE!

Time for Mr M's tablets, I think.
    I'm afraid it's exactly the opposite. My course of Tolerance BP has run out. I don't blame the Muslims. I don't even blame the fanatical Muslims. I blame the politically correct twerps who allowed Muslime fanatics and extremists to infiltrate our society and spread their poison amongst the citizenry - it seems to me that they would fit into a country where a mob cries out for the death of a teacher for making a mistake due to her ignorance

Thread Information