• I’m old fashioned and send Christmas cards by snail mail

16 64.00%
  • I’m modern and send e-Christmas cards

2 8.00%
  • I don’t send Christmas cards as I belong to another faith

1 4.00%
  • I belong to another faith but I still send Christmas cards

1 4.00%
  • I send another type card (e.g. mid-winter festival) as I don’t believe in sending religious cards

1 4.00%
  • Bah humbug!

11 44.00%
  • What’s a Christmas card

2 8.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas cards

Re: Christmas cards

Quote Originally Posted by Mythical View Post
    I haven't set christmas cards for a few years. What used to happen was I'd buy then, write them, seal them in envelopes, then discover them sitting unsent in a cupboard the following July. Besides, there's enough stuff going into landfill at this time of year, way I see it, christmas cards are just another filler of the big hole in the ground. (can you tell I never got many christmas cards as a kid!!?)

If I want to wish someone a Happy Christmas/Solstice (it depends who they are) I will - via text, or I'll say it to their face. If I particularly care that I give them something (as in the case of family, and 3-4 close friends), I'll find something they aren't going to throw straight in the bin on January 6th.
    There are charities that collect Christmas cards in January to raise money - assume through recycling, though don't know exactly how they do it. We have bins at work we can put them into, so doesn't take a lot of effort.

I'm slightly more concerned about the cost to the environment of the actual production...

Insanity!

You can now buy Christmas cards to and from your CAT!

Why? I love cats, but that's just ridiculous

Anyone sending me an e-card is likely not to find that I've deleted it without opening it - even if it does make it past my spam filter! Can't be bothered with the real-life ones either...

Blog Entries

I love Christmas cards but don't give cards to everybody anymore - I got sucked into the whole "must give to them because/in case they give to me even though I wasn't going to" thing at high school and it just got silly. Since then I limit it to those I really want to send a message too, far and near, with the exception of people at dancing - realistically there are just too many! Think I'll be using the forum card option to solve that this year. For the rest, I decided to make my own cards. Whether they will be finished in time for Christmas, let alone sent, is another matter!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Flicts View Post
    I used to work in an office and the whole office/work cards thing was always a giant waste of time - dozens of cheap cards with no personal message given/received to people you don't really like. Totally pointless.
    The staff at the school I work in got fed up of this too. A couple of years ago they decided to put the couple of pounds they would each have spent buying cards for everyone into a fund and use it to buy a seasonal gift from the Christian Aid/Oxfam catalogue; I think they have chosen to support a teacher in a third world country for the past couple of years.

Thread Information