Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you started your christmas yet?

Re: Have you started your christmas yet?

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    I have no decorations, i do not own any.

Trouble send 3 cards for me yesterday.

Thats as far as i am willing to go.

Bah Humbug.

XXX XXX DTS Dave

Best of luck with exams Becci.

thanksyou mate, im feeling more christmassy now! Two exams over only 4 more to go!

and iv done some christmas shopping and singing "Feed the world."at the top of my voice! Me and my girls had a fab day after the exam, skipping down to the corner shop and working our way through the old corny seventies and eighties numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Mac View Post
    i havent started christmas yet and to be honest this is the very first xmas im not looking forward too.

one word

EXAMS!
    Some poor souls have their exams in January and so are supposed to spend the Christmas holidays revising

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Mac View Post
    im holed up in my cubbyhole revising subjects i know im going to fail!

Ok your mocks are basically going to go one of three ways

1. The teacher just gives you a past paper. This means there will be questions on things you haven't done yet. So if you see something and think don't worry. Take your best guess and carry on.

2. The teacher will take several past papers, cut out the questions you can do and make their own exam paper. This is good, but sadly unusual

3. The teacher will take several past papers, cut out the questions you can't do and make their own exam paper. This is bad. The idea is you do really badly and so are inspired to work harder (unfortunately this tends to cause a lot of people to give up)

So basically in the actual exams, whatever happens relax and keep going.

For now your time is probably better spent doing past papers rather than books as
    a) The questions are written differently
    b) With a bit of luck you'll end up getting the same questions in your mock

Google the board you're doing and they should have some past papers + model answers you can download.

Good luck

Blog Entries

I'm starting to feel a little bit Christmassy! This week I've been on holiday so have been able to start my Christmas shopping. So far I've managed to get wrapping paper, 2 presents and (finally) found kits to make my own cards that didn't break the bank. It's a start, lol! Mum's done her tidy out the lounge bittie and the first signs of Christmas have appeared... red candles, festive table runner and Christmas cushion covers. The tree and the decorations proper will go up much nearer the time, usually the weekend before. Mum and Dad always got a real tree when we were kids and even though they keep saying they'd like to get a fake one, I put my foot down and insist on a real one because "it's tradition" and also they are sooo much nicer! I'm not sure what kind it is that we've been getting, but the needles are quite soft and tend not to drop off much. Lovely.

Didn't make church last week as I was out the night before but I try to make sure I'm there for advent as it's a wonderful part of looking forward to Christmas, seeing the candles lit one by one and starting to sing carols. I got a chocolate advent calendar from my boss this year (if Carlsberg made supervisors... ) so enjoying that tradition too - I will never be too old! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    And for everyone’s information (and since my company sent it to me) last posting dates:

First Class Mail U.K 20th December
    Second Class Mail U.K 17th December
    Special Delivery U.K 22nd December
    AIRMAIL: Western Europe 13th December
    AIRMAIL: Eastern Europe 10th December
    AIRMAIL: Rest Of The World 7th December
    Aw crap, I knew it was soon but can't believe I've gone and missed it! Oh well, I only got the bits for the cards yesterday. I'll just need to post first thing on Monday and they'll get there when they get there...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    Some poor souls have their exams in January and so are supposed to spend the Christmas holidays revising
    I remember revising during Christmas holidays for Highers, Advanced Highers and uni exams. Not much fun! The silver lining is that I have really appreciated not having to study over the last couple of Christmases.

*Hugs* for anyone having to study over the holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    So basically in the actual exams, whatever happens relax and keep going.
    Yes.. remember mocks are there for your benefit. They give you a chance to see where your strengths and weaknesses lie. Remember to relax though!

As ghost says, work over past papers. Use your books if you have to. Then try some papers without the books and see how you get on. Don't push yourself too hard. The more you worry about it the less you'll think you know and the more you'll push yourself.. it's a vicious cycle. Study in easily managed sections, one subject a night, in 1/2 hr slots with a few mins break followed by 5 mins of revision over what you did the previous half hour. The brain needs time to absorb info.. if you cram it'll forget most of what you put in.

Relax.. be confident in your abilities.. focus on your weak areas and when the time comes you'll do fine.

Oh and did I say relax?

Out of curiousity does anyone remember O-Levels?? Plus did anyone do their O-Levels??? Im not intending to make anyone sound 'old', we're all young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Shark View Post
    Out of curiousity does anyone remember O-Levels?? Plus did anyone do their O-Levels??? Im not intending to make anyone sound 'old', we're all young at heart
    O-levels? how very south of the border In Scotland we had O-grades.. and Highers (A-levels I guess in Englandshire)

And after your Highers if you stayed on, you did your SYS.. Sixth Year Studies subjects.

I loved School.. Witty banter over coffee in the Prefects common room while everyone else was freezing outside in subzero temperatures.. not that we abused our position of power of course..

I have one 'O' Level in English, Grade C

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1970 View Post
    O-levels? how very south of the border In Scotland we had O-grades.. and Highers (A-levels I guess in Englandshire)

And after your Highers if you stayed on, you did your SYS.. Sixth Year Studies subjects.

I loved School.. Witty banter over coffee in the Prefects common room while everyone else was freezing outside in subzero temperatures.. not that we abused our position of power of course..
    Never heard of SYS and O-Grades, how long ago was that??? If you don't mind me asking .

I used to be a prefect but that was in primary school I was one of those who never liked school much. I wasn't a rebel

Blog Entries

Never heard of SYS and O-Grades, how long ago was that??? If you don't mind me asking .
    I'm not sure when O-grades were replaced, that was well before my time , but SYS were only being phased out when I was in sixth year so I sat a mixture of SYS and Advanced Highers. That was just 6 years ago!

Tree is going up tonight. Not a real one - and hopefully the lights will be working. I tend to put the tree up 3 Sundays before Christmas, next Sun will be carol singing in the local community - with lanterns and sweets to give people, and usually back to the manse for supper, then the following week is the carol service.

Funny how we get Christmas 'traditions' - we used to put on Elvis Christmas album while we put the decorations up when I was a child - I don't know if my parents still do but I must look out the CD to put on while we put up the decorations tomorrow night!

Still lots of cards to write, presents to buy and wrap etc!
    Last edited by Lynn; 9th-December-2007 at 01:40 PM.

Well my lights , Tree (all 12 inches of it ), dangly things, sparkly things and bobblely things.

The Flat is looking pretty christmassy at the moment ..

Blog Entries

YEEEEE HAAAAA - I AM DONE!!!

Begged DTS to come over to mine tonight and help me wrap the xmas pressies, 2 hours later, all away, under the tree labelled and wrapped. I have done all my family, both kids and i can now relax.

Arn't i a good girl.!!

DTS then proceeded to sleep for 2 hours the excitement of the wrapping was just too much for him to bare. He has now woken up, has a cup of tea in his hand and is watching arnie on the telly.

Im just smiling cause when all the poor sods fighting the traffic jams, parking and hassle of xmas over the next couple of weeks are killing themselves, i will be chillin....

I can also get the pleasure of my youngest seeing the pressies under the tree and driving him mad with frustration at not knowing wots under there. !

Still haven't got round to putting the xmas tree up

I've not even bought any presents, because I've been ill for the last 3 weeks

Still haven't got round to putting the xmas tree up
    I should think not - it's far too early!

I am getting all Christmasy now...I have put the sprouts on, to go with my ham sandwich.

XXX XXX DTS Dave

I am getting all Christmasy now...I have put the sprouts on, to go with my ham sandwich.

XXX XXX DTS Dave
    Sprouts?

Have you given Trouble a clothespeg?

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    I should think not - it's far too early!
    True but STILL haven't got round to doing it urgh!!!

I'll do it on my next day off or next week.

I've already brought myself a shark calender its just cool, ok i usually buy shark calenders most years well the last 4 yrs lol. I know i seem sad but i love sharks LOL.

XXX XXX DTS Dave
    Erm thats doesn't sound delicious!!!

Mind you i dislike sprouts and brockley *heaving*

Mind you i dislike sprouts and brockley *heaving*
    Don't like sprouts but I love broccoli!

Still haven't got the tree up but haven't been feeling too well so working on it in slow stages.

Can't write my Christmas cards or start wrapping presents till the tree is up, it just doesn't feel right.

Thread Information