Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you started your christmas yet?

Blog Entries

Have you started your christmas yet?

Well, my christmas trees went up yesterday even though i was feeling ill and not well at all.

My little one has got two advent calenders, one with x husband and one with me so he is happy as larry as gets two lots of chocolate every day.

Im behind with my shopping and have not started the wrapping yet.

My eldest is sulking cause he wants and wants and wants and has been told bugger off.

And oh joy, i have yet to buy boxes of christmas cards and write them all out.

How are you all getting on.?

Re: Have you started your christmas yet?

No tree up yet - might be a minimal decorations this year. Folks are on holiday so they leave me to do the wrapping & cards which I love something very satisfying looking at a pretty wrapped parcel you have just done. I make some cards too.

Not done any shopping yet, well thats a lie, got some bits of ebay- but that's not real christmas shopping!

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Well, my Christmas trees went up yesterday even though i was feeling ill and not well at all.
    Crikey – that’s early!

(but hope you're feeling better )

Mine won’t be going up till 22nd December – do you have a real tree Trouble? I get a real one these days (I like them, and don’t have the room to store a fake one anyway), and it would shed too badly if I did it before then.

I thought that advent calendars were about the lead-up to Christmas… doesn’t Christmas arrive a bit early if you have your decs up when you do the calendar as well?

Have done quite a bit of present shopping, but not done the cards as yet – need to as it’s end of this week for the American cards to get off to get there in time (which they rarely do). Who sends snail mail cards and who sends e-cards or no cards at all? (I feel a poll coming on…)

And for everyone’s information (and since my company sent it to me) last posting dates:

First Class Mail U.K 20th December
    Second Class Mail U.K 17th December
    Special Delivery U.K 22nd December
    AIRMAIL: Western Europe 13th December
    AIRMAIL: Eastern Europe 10th December
    AIRMAIL: Rest Of The World 7th December

{snip warm and woolly type post}
    ...blimey, you weren't kidding about being bored, were you?

I will start on Thursday 13th when my exams are over. Until then - BAH HUMBUG!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    I will start on Thursday 13th when my exams are over. Until then - BAH HUMBUG!
    oooh yes, i hear your almost there girly. You go get em.

Mr Darcy is looking forward to being a kept man he tells me. xx

Good Luck sweetie xxxx

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    ...blimey, you weren't kidding about being bored, were you?
    nope, bored, sniffy and fed up. My day needed something funny, so come on guys/gals lets hear some great stuff.

Nope haven't anything involving xmas yet!! But it'll be started in a few weeks. It's pointless me buying an advent calender because i'll eat all the choclate within mintues of buying the calender

I've a sweet tooth

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

nope, bored, sniffy and fed up. My day needed something funny, so come on guys/gals lets hear some great stuff.
    Download THIS and decorated you PC with Christmas lights, it's bound to cheer you up.. mine looks all festive now!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

oooh yes, i hear your almost there girly. You go get em.

Mr Darcy is looking forward to being a kept man he tells me. xx

Good Luck sweetie xxxx
    He has "lifestyle aspirations"
    And as for christmas, he has handed it over to me to deal with ... foolish boy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Download THIS and decorated you PC with Christmas lights, it's bound to cheer you up.. mine looks all festive now!
    oooh so does mine at home. Thanks Lory, this will drive DTS insane when he comes to mine and uses my computer HEE HEE xxxx

I've still got to finish my Christmas shopping which is making me panic a little.

As I live with my parents I leave the lights and the tree to my Dad (actually, I don't think they trust me to put it up...probably because one year I pulled a good sized tree plus decorations over on top of me).

Unfortunately he won Led Zeppelin tickets so the family (minus myself) is going to London next weekend so I won't get a tree then either

I'm itching to get Christmassy. There's tinsel round my bed already

xXx

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Shark View Post
    Nope haven't anything involving xmas yet!! But it'll be started in a few weeks. It's pointless me buying an advent calender because i'll eat all the choclate within mintues of buying the calender

I've a sweet tooth
    me too CS! I usually open the next chocolate before the next day!

this year i had an advantge though, i didnt get my advent calender until yesterday so i got to eat three chocccies heheheeh!

i havent started christmas yet and to be honest this is the very first xmas im not looking forward too.

one word

EXAMS!

why oh why did the blooming government decide to set the last GCSE mock exam in the middle of the christmas spirit!

usually ive bought the cards, decorated the tree and my room, buying presents, singing "feed the world," visiting friends and wearing a comical santa hat.

i cant go out and see any of my friends because im trying to save money for christmas presents.

im holed up in my cubbyhole revising subjects i know im going to fail!

Im wondering why an earth i spent 2 measly quid on an advent calender when theres no point eating chocolate first thing in the morning

christmas????????

im sorry but wont know the word until iv finished evry one of my exams

then il have fun!

bye christmas lot

hibenating until the 15th! then im free!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Mac View Post
    loads of stuff about being depressed cause she has exams to study for and cant get into the xmas zone!!!
    Well hun, 15th will be here before you know it, your going to do great in your exams im sure and then you can join in the festivities. Keep ya pecker up !!

Christmas comes far too early in this country! (Says the Little Monkey who finished the majority of her Christmas shopping in October....)

I love Norwegian Christmas traditions, although unfortunately they are getting more and more influenced by American *****e, and there's more and more commercial hype now.

Traditionally, Christmas would start with lighting the first candle on the advent candle centrepiece (four candles) on the first Sunday of advent. One candle is lit every Sunday until Christmas eve, when they are all lit. I love this tradition. There's also poems and songs that are read out, but we only did this when I was little. Various christmas decorations would slowly appear throughout the month - even special christmas curtains and table cloths! Mostly very 'traditional' looking decoration, and a lot of it hand made. There was a complete lack of plastic tat and multicoloured, flasking, all-singing-all-dancing decorations.

Then on December 13th we celebrate Santa Lucia. There's nothing quite like having a little girl with long blonde hair and a wreath of blazing candles on her head to get the christmas spirit going. On Lucia day we have processions of children bearing candles and baskets of special 'Lucia buns', lussekatter in Norwegian, which means Lucia cats (honestly don't know why, must find out), which are delicious rich saffron buns in funny shapes. Yum, yum, yum!!

The actual Christmas tree doesn't appear until the 23rd December. In my family (and in a lot of other Scandinavian families), the kids would get sent to bed, and the parents would decorate the tree late at night (and hang up the stockings etc). It was pure magic to wake up on Christmas eve morning and run downstairs (in a dark house) to see the beautifully decorated and lit tree, and attack the contents of the christmas stockings. Then after a few hours, parents would surface, we'd have lovely christmassy breakfast (with lots of lovely Norwegian stuff you just can't get over here ), then play in the snow for a while, before having to go and put our best clothes on to go to Church. Then it was the sheer torture of a huge family dinner where all the adults had about four helpings of everything, before finally opening the presents.

Aaaah, I used to love Christmas when I was little. I need to find myself a hubby and get some sprogs to re-create the magic....

Commercial Operator

Presents all brought and wrapped up and been sent to Santa in the loft

Off on holiday next week so when I return I will be walking into Christmas. Very excited.

First time I've ever been away somewhere hot just before Christmas. I think it's going to be strange but in a brilliant way.

Started Shopping.. Started Decorating and even my avatar is getting into the festive mood

Registered User Katie Kicks Ass's Avatar

I have started mine. Bought a few presents hoping to get them finished on Saturday. Sent my cards last night, If 1st class is taking a week 2nd class might get there before xmas.
    The tree at home is going up next tuesday 2 weeks before xmas.
    I put the tree up at work on Tuesday, and have got the tinsel in my hair.

Oh yea and I can't put that decorations thing on my work computer

I have no decorations, i do not own any.

Trouble send 3 cards for me yesterday.

Thats as far as i am willing to go.

Bah Humbug.

XXX XXX DTS Dave

Best of luck with exams Becci.
    Last edited by dave the scaffolder; 7th-December-2007 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Luck thing

Thread Information