• Just watching

3 8.33%
  • not going this time

14 38.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackpool competition 2008

Re: Blackpool competition 2008

Well, I'm not going (that's two years in a row now! ), but can I wish everyone a brilliant time and hope you have the dances of your lives.

It's a fabulous venue and the organisation is fantastic!

Special thoughts are of course with our mob from Bristol, the South West and Wales - go get 'em!

Elaine

Good luck to all the forumties.

see you later for a dance

Good luck everyone for the finals....

I have to say Im completely shocked Roger & Paulette (The librarian and The timid one) havent made it to the final of the intermediates!

I hope DD & Paul are doing well

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Zara View Post

I have to say Im completely shocked Roger & Paulette (The librarian and The timid one) havent made it to the final of the intermediates!

xxx
    If that's Paul Young then they made the final- anyone know the result yet?

I'm in shock about Roger & Paulette!!!!!!

I only know a couple of results:

Phil and Yuko won the Masters

Alex and Emma won Spotlight

Matt and Rachel won the intermediates

Matt, Jenni and Danni won the double trouble.

Elaine

Di and Trev won the old gits.

Amy and Peter won the intermidiates

Friday

the traffic was the pits 15 mile tail backs, but was made lighter bumping into DTS and Trouble in the service station, giving me the will to live.

The B&B was the best iv stayed at.

This is a very well run sleek event, it has been running for 7 years? and its seems to g from strength to strength.

Lovely hot buffet laid on Friday.

After a bit of discussion the battle of the sexes went ahead.

Alex and Tom won, and deserved to.

Tiger pant and the Librarian, what happened I was expecting hot passion, don't tell me you two are shy, I watched 'that dance' don't forget, you looked like a couple of naughty schoolboys.

Dai (Tor) and PawPlay fab finish, Patrick Swazie eat your heart out.

I couldn't get into my dancing much, I think it was cos there was a lot of people practising and a bit tense, it emptied quite early, most needing an early night.

Saturday

Early start, 'Fletcherette' out fits on 'stars & James' rah rah skirts and pom poms.

What a buzz as soon as we walked in.

The whole event went without a glitch as far as I could tell, very professional.

I thought all the dessisions on the placing were on the whole spot on.

Just would have liked to see Fankie and Fiona get though.

I want'ed James and Shave to win obviously but Emma and Alex were fab, no taking that away from them.

Shive, lovely; T; shirt.........phantom flan flinger....remind me what's that all about.

For me the 'out fits' are as important as the dancing, and there were some wonderfull ones, Anit's Pink tasselled dress,Yuko's black and white one for the final, and Shive's spangly jump suit were the best IMHO.

when the girls came out on stage they looked lovely, sorry girls I think iv drooped you in it, I have that dress and the lads asked me how much it was. eek sorry, accaecco thought it was for the two.

There were a few 'faux pas' my skirt for 1

A few special well done's.

Melvin, despite been unwell put in a fab performance

Tall Alan, 2nd in the intermediates well done hun

Di Dench, old git winner, one of my awesome foursome

Simor R with his new partners, looked fab

Keith and Bev, I hadn't seen Bev before, but this lady had the most sophisticated elegant style, very smooth, just something different, it wasn't about flash moves, she was just so graceful I couldn't take my eye off her. truly wonderful to watch.

James and Shive sorry for hijacking you spot light. you know how to work an audience, we love you.

The weekend has to go to Pete and Amy, you have only been with us a short while but the response around the room for you guy's shows you just how popular you are, Amy your face tells a story, love, passion, fire, fun surprise, etc,the chemistry between you two is electric, you fun to watch, 'teach me to spin' and do those 'split things' what titles you hold now? i'm sure pjfrad will tell us, i'll get it wrong. Must be doubly nice with the folks over from Oz.

Nice to see Marian and John back from Oz, I hope you guy's are well rested, the SP frenzy started some time ago, I would be surprised to see tickets on eebay going to the highness bidder, you have your work cut out for this one, thinks you might need another holiday after this one.

It was interesting to see the 'old gits' dancing when they got a funky track, disappointingly, no one tried to have a go at the beat, this music aint going away, i'm happy to SFunk with anyone, grab me.

lovely to see Ringo and Starr with Katie and Grace I hope you had a good time, just remember, there human not 'gods' they all go to the loo in a morning same as us.

There was a small incident, which don't need going into, but I have to say, the organiser once again, straight on it, with profeslaism.

one really bad bit, Bill had £800 stolen, what complete scumbags, has no one ever told them don't nick from people, your the lowest of the low, I hope I don't find out who they are. Bill honey thanks for the wonderfull dances and I hope we raised part of what was stolen.

I met a few new Foumties Braunch, yeah! thank you for saying hi, and the dances, Clueless I hardly recognised you, but you had only been dancing 6 week the last time, you have improved slightly.

Chunky Josh looking good hun.

proberly missed loads but off to the 'T' dance

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post

Amy and Peter won the intermidiates

Umm, think you meant the Advanced, as Matt and Rachel won the intermediates.

Elaine

Aww, c'mon. Can anyone post all the results yet? Please?

M

Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    Aww, c'mon. Can anyone post all the results yet? Please?

M
    http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/i...s/yeahthat.gif

And some of the Scottish results please!!

L xx

Sorry, not sure what I did!

L xx

Lindsay's Mile High team won!!!

Her "Broadway" team also looked awesome.

Her trio was also third in the double-trouble, despite a mix-up which meant that they missed the final.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Now then now then now then, what a weekend.

The 1st competition that my lovely Trouble and I have dipped our toes in, we both entered battle of the sexes and DWAS.

Battle of the sexes won by Alex and Rob, no doubt about the winners in my opinion, excellent the pair of them, I danced with the lovely CJ and hac a great time, thanks CJ you is a star.

Trouble entered with Donna and did really well, Donna ...Marvellous dancer cheeky as a kitten.

DWAS I had Hev and was dancing out of my class...Sorry babe, we were out in the 2nd round, my fault completly you is a better dancer than me and I still feel I let you down. Trouble was also out in the 2nd round so we could both relax and enjoy the rest of the competitions.

The standard of dancing was superb never had a bad dance all weekend, Trouble looked gorgeous with the 30lb she has lost since xmas..not that she wasn't gorgeous before of course

The organization was spot on, as was the hotel loads of food and nice rooms.

All in all a super lovely weekend that I would recommend to everyone, if anybody is thinking of doing comps this is the place to start and gain your confidence.

Loads of forumites there and met quite a few whom we have not met before.

Duncan aka Ducasi....Hope your lip is better soon my lover.

We also met Tony the organiser and compere of the day. He was absolutely nothing but helpful and put us at ease about everything, how it runs, what happens etc. Tony, i can only say, the weekend we had will go down as one of the best. Well done. see you next year.

Sorry if this is another luvvy gushing post, but I call them as i see them and I have nothing derogatory to say about the whole weekend.

DTS Dave XXX XXX
    Last edited by dave the scaffolder; 16th-March-2008 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Spilleng mystakes

Me & the Missus just got back tired but really, really impressed with the whole weekend...

A BIG THANKYOU TO ACHANCE2DANCE.. You are stars

Standard of Dance seems to get better and better every year!!

Were we the only ones who found it really weird when we popped ouside the Tower at dinner time to see grim reality???

What we need now is a Competition in the North East... A bit of Geordie-Mackem-fusion-Jive!! We'd sign up in a heartbeat!!

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    James and Shive sorry for hijacking you spot light. you know how to work an audience, we love you.
    Fletch and the fletcherettes in action.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
    Sorry, not sure what I did!

L xx
    I think it's known as a brain f*art moment.

M

Quote Originally Posted by Zara View Post

xxx
    Thanks Honeywe danced our socks off but unfortunately didnt make finals either

Highs
    We had a fab day on Saturday - the event was very well run and compared by Tony.
    Meeting up again with the fabulous Crazy Kids Amy and Peter - you guys Rock! (See you saturday)
    Alex and Emma winning the spotlight - Very well deserved - faultless performance!
    Well done to everyone who got placed too - you were all very entertaining to watch
    Getting my first dances ever with The Librarian and Tiger pants - looking forward to some more on saturday too Roger
    Music was fab - particularly Dance Demon's set - did you happen to keep a playlist there was a few fab tracks i really enjoyed and would love to know what they were?

The not so good points

Being called to the floor after dashing off from Double Trouble for a quick change only to be called a round early as a couple had not made it to the floor, poor Paul was still getting dressed coming down the stairs! About 30 seconds into the dance i realised his flies were still undone-quite proud of myself for doing them up with one hand mid move with no one noticing! Was knackered tho and found it really tough to get thro 2 tracks after the rush

There was also quite a few very small children there, had to watch out for them after i nearly knocked one of them flying as they flew out from under a chair onto the dance floor and there was no parent in sight

Thanks to everyone for a fantastic day and well done to everyone who took part - Roll on next year!

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    Trouble entered with Donna and did really well, Donna ...Marvellous dancer cheeky as a kitten.

The standard of dancing was superb never had a bad dance all weekend, Trouble looked gorgeous with the 30lb she has lost since xmas..not that she wasn't gorgeous before of course
    [B]

Loads of forumites there and met quite a few whom we have not met before.

We also met Tony the organiser and compere of the day. He was absolutely nothing but helpful and put us at ease about everything, how it runs, what happens etc. Tony, i can only say, the weekend we had will go down as one of the best. Well done. see you next year.

Sorry if this is another luvvy gushing post, but I call them as i see them and I have nothing derogatory to say about the whole weekend.
    yaeh DTS, you getting very prdictable and boring, havn't you got anything negative to say

No joking apart, spot on guy's

Trouble loverly dance, your looking sexy, if I wasn't with Gerry.............

Donna is Caz's Donna not the forum Donna.

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi View Post
    Lindsay's Mile High team won!!!

Her "Broadway" team also looked awesome.
    Should have also said... Little Em's crew from Aberdeen (and surrounding) were really great too. Real shame she wasn't able to be there.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Blog Entries

Where do i start....

Well, so much to say but too tired to say it all so will wait till tommorow when i have more energy, but here are some pics... The rest will be on facebook, not sure if i'll do it now but tommorow the latest.

Have a look they are great.xxx
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information