• Just watching

3 8.33%
  • not going this time

14 38.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackpool competition 2008

Re: Blackpool 2008

have to say there are an awful lot of blank pages and missing pages still....

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Yliander View Post
    have to say there are an awful lot of blank pages and missing pages still....
    Agreed.
    but.
    i have a full time job as well. All the important info is live, i dont think anyone is desperate to know stuff about the DVD for 2008 or the crew that will be used, yes 2008 info may be needed so ill do it this weekend.
    If you are desperate to know anything and cant find it on our site please drop me a pm and ill do it ( a kick up the ars does work )

O i might turn up, maybe enter 4 things who knows, Depends if i feel the urge to dance anytime soon...

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Vegetable View Post
    O i might turn up, maybe enter 4 things who knows, Depends if i feel the urge to dance anytime soon...
    In my experience, entering more than one event requires careful costume planning. As the day moves on the heats get closer and closer together and you spend your time rushing off to get changed for the next heat. When you're in more than one final it's a nightmare - I still remember rushing off the floor after one fina and changing behind a pillar at the Tower Ballroom while they were calling my number for the next final. I did that particular final in a Dinner Jacket, but underneath I was wearing tan tights with black fishnets over them - it was so hot in certain areas of my body I felt that there could be spontaneous combustion as the air reached certain, hot and air-starved areas of my nether regions

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    In my experience, entering more than one event requires careful costume planning. As the day moves on the heats get closer and closer together and you spend your time rushing off to get changed for the next heat.
    And be prepared - to have to do two events in the same costume if they are too close together

on the upside it sure does make the day go by quickly

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Yliander View Post
    And be prepared - to have to do two events in the same costume if they are too close together

on the upside it sure does make the day go by quickly
    It also means you see very little of the day and a lot of the changing rooms/loos.

I still remember bumping into a guy in a service area on the M6 - he reminded me that he'd met me in the gents at the Tower Ballroom and helped me out of my dress. He said it was "one of those moments he'd never forget - no matter how hard he tried ".

Blackpool comp

So who's going and who's doing what

Re: Blackpool comp

I'm going!!! Anyone interested in doing Advanced?

Re: Blackpool comp

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    So who's going and who's doing what

Definitely going , will be just back from NZ and hoping to compete in the Seniorita's or seniors what ever, face, bovvered!! and Intermediates.
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

Re: Blackpool competition 2008

Intermediates and Double trouble for us

Would be nice to have some more info on the web about the catagories tho

Quote Originally Posted by DD+ View Post

Hi babe who is doing double trouble with you and Paul? So glad you guys are going And another good event is happening hey hey
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

We are doing DT with a lady called Anita who Paul competed at intermediates with at britrock last year. Should be fun if nothing else!

Cant wait - should definately be another good weekend!

Commercial Operator

Dear C2D,

How about removing the "No Teachers" restriction from the seniors category? I'm still 51, even though I do teach, I'd say that teaching on a regular basis makes you even more decrepid than being a regular dancer. Also, I'd say that I'm no better at competition dancing because I'm a teacher - teaching MJ has just made me better at dancing with beginners, not better at dancing.

In my opinion an age group category is all about people of that age showing how good they can be in spite of their age, it's got much less to do with being a dance professional - and I'd never even say I was one of those. The Weston competition allow teachers into their seniors category and I'd have done that if I hadn't already got a dance organised for that date. Go on, let teachers enter the Seniors. I promise to enter if you make the change - I might even dance with a woman like a normal guy - then again I might have an "inspiration"

Yours geriatrically,

Andy x

Am trying to book for the take a chance but i cant seem to get to it online, any body know a phone number or e mail?

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tangled Feet View Post
    Am trying to book for the take a chance but i cant seem to get to it online, any body know a phone number or e mail?
    I wouldn't bother with the website

Dear C2D,

How about removing the "No Teachers" restriction from the seniors category? I'm still 51, even though I do teach, I'd say that teaching on a regular basis makes you even more decrepid than being a regular dancer. Also, I'd say that I'm no better at competition dancing because I'm a teacher - teaching MJ has just made me better at dancing with beginners, not better at dancing.

In my opinion an age group category is all about people of that age showing how good they can be in spite of their age, it's got much less to do with being a dance professional - and I'd never even say I was one of those. The Weston competition allow teachers into their seniors category and I'd have done that if I hadn't already got a dance organised for that date. Go on, let teachers enter the Seniors. I promise to enter if you make the change - I might even dance with a woman like a normal guy - then again I might have an "inspiration"

Yours geriatrically,

Andy x

Lol yeah and who ever said being a teacher makes u a good dancer?.. i have no idea what they was thinking that day

Also they shud do a grandad student category, where teachers can dance with 1 of there students who is young enoth 2 be there grandchild, then you could enter with me your just about old enoth muhaa
    Last edited by Vegetable; 28th-November-2007 at 07:24 PM.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by DD+ View Post

Please tell, what additional info can i put on the web???
    I have put on the judging critearia, prizes and rules.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    I wouldn't bother with the website
    Why???
    If you have a problem with it, say. Dont just **** it off, its just not constructive.

Commercial Operator

Dear C2D,

Yours geriatrically,

Andy x

scenario......
    A 55 yr old couple enter seniors, they have only been dancin 12 months, they dont get through the first round, they are up against teachers who have previously entered the advanced section. Is this fair?????

A teacher/Advanced dancer should in the opinion of C2D dance against their equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Achaeco View Post
    Why???
    If you have a problem with it, say. Dont just **** it off, its just not constructive.
    Well accessing it in Firefox, the information, categories and application form menus don't work.

Which basically puts the site in the "useful as a chocolate teapot" category, I'm afraid.

I know the site is a labour of love, but if your time is limited, you need to cut all the bells and whistles, and just get the information on there in an accessible manner.

This isn't the first time you've been told this, so after months have passed and there are still fundamental problems accessing basic information, it's understandable people are just giving up on the site.

Thread Information