Thread: Temporary Flooring - cheap alternatives?|

Temporary Flooring - cheap alternatives?|

Long story short, running an event where I need to have two dance rooms. Main Hall ... no worries. Second room ... well, its got a small wooden dance floor in a large room for the Westies but no where near big enough on its own. Bringing in an additional temporary floor but thats costing well over £200 for a 5 sqm floor Would dearly love more floor space, but can't afford any more 'proper' dance floor. Any suggestions? The room is carpeted so had toyed with the idea of using lino or something but that would just look really bad and probably wouldn't work. Thoughts?

Commercial Operator

Re: Temporary Flooring - cheap alternatives?|

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Long story short, running an event where I need to have two dance rooms. Main Hall ... no worries. Second room ... well, its got a small wooden dance floor in a large room for the Westies but no where near big enough on its own. Bringing in an additional temporary floor but thats costing well over £200 for a 5 sqm floor Would dearly love more floor space, but can't afford any more 'proper' dance floor. Any suggestions? The room is carpeted so had toyed with the idea of using lino or something but that would just look really bad and probably wouldn't work. Thoughts?
    Get flooring that's described as "dance floor". Anything else and you really, really need to be speaking to your insurer. I've got a 15 sqm floor that you're welcome to borrow for free. However, it's stored in Sussex and would need an estate car with a roof rack to transport it. It's not really that big, it's 3 metres by 5 metres made up of 15 metre square pieces rather like paving slabs but with a groovy alloy dancing surface - probably gives enough room for 6-8 couples.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Long story short, running an event where I need to have two dance rooms. {snip} Would dearly love more floor space, but can't afford any more 'proper' dance floor. Any suggestions? The room is carpeted so had toyed with the idea of using lino or something but that would just look really bad and probably wouldn't work. Thoughts?
    You'd better get proper flooring sorted, or this Little Monkey will stay north of the border!

Not that I'm in any way demanding, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by Little Monkey View Post
    You'd better get proper flooring sorted, or this Little Monkey will stay north of the border!
    I have got proper flooring sorted! There is the existing permanent floor plus the additional dance floor ... I was just seeing if I could provide MORE.

Cool Re: Temporary Flooring - cheap alternatives?|

Not sure what your budget is Gus, but had you thought about tongue and groove chipboard flooring? It is super smooth. Just keep it dry. When you're done you can lift it easily and if you store it properly you could reuse it. Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post
    Not sure what your budget is Gus, but had you thought about tongue and groove chipboard flooring? It is super smooth. Just keep it dry. When you're done you can lift it easily and if you store it properly you could reuse it. Just a thought
    Well .. its my last freestyle so no point in investing mega-bucks. We've now got enough flooring for the WCS event and the main hall is huge so no worries Now just got the usual problems of negotiating with the Sound and Light engineers to get the price down

Thread Information