Thread: Inkjet Printer issues - again! What can I do?

Inkjet Printer issues - again! What can I do?

I mentioned in a previous thread how please I was to be able to save some money by purchasing a Tesco product which I injected into the cartridge. I was really pleased with the results.

A fellow forumite warned me that you can only do so many refills (as I recall).

I left the cartridge for a few days (went to London) and have come back to discover that the printer won't print. Stuck more ink into the thing but it still won't print! (It prints a few lines and then very erratically or not at all).

Any tips before I buy a new printer? ( I am not certain that even if I buy a fresh cartridge that it will work).

Cheers

Ste

PS This is a new issue which requrires a solution which is why I didn't post to my old thread which doesn't really describe the present issue.

Re: Inkjet Printer issues - again! What can I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    I mentioned in a previous thread how please I was to be able to save some money by purchasing a Tesco product which I injected into the cartridge. I was really pleased with the results.

A fellow forumite warned me that you can only do so many refills (as I recall).

I left the cartridge for a few days (went to London) and have come back to discover that the printer won't print. Stuck more ink into the thing but it still won't print! (It prints a few lines and then very erratically or not at all).

Any tips before I buy a new printer? ( I am not certain that even if I buy a fresh cartridge that it will work).

Cheers

Ste

PS This is a new issue which requrires a solution which is why I didn't post to my old thread which doesn't really describe the present issue.
    depends on the make and model of printer i know that some epson printers hate any ink other than their own due to the grain size blocking the print head
    you could try using some spirit to clean the print head this might work if its blocked thats if you can get to it
    i use hp printer at the moment and the head comes as part of the cartridge

Re: Inkjet Printer issues - again! What can I do?

The cartridge has clogged, try taking it out and cleaning the ink matrix on it with a solvent cleaner. Repeated head cleans may shift it, but that uses a lot of ink.

Best solution? Buy a Laser, unless you really need colour keep a little photo printer or something for colour and do everything else on the Laser. When you consider that an inkjet cartridge costs £15 upwards and your lucky to get 500 pages out of it, my toner at £70 a throw that does around 6,000 pages is good value!

Thread Information