Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Heather Mills , The Saint or the Devil in disguise ?

Re: Heather Mills , The Saint or the Devil in disguise ?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    True. But for some of us that opinion rates about as strongly as whether sliced bread should be stacked next to or on top of the fresh bread.
    Ok i understand that some people do care about useless/little stuff

What's the matter - don't you want lawyers to earn a decent living?

What forces a journalist to write is the need to put food on the table. It's what causes the publishers to saturate our world with meaningless tat in magazines like Heat that poses the interesting question. Yes, people buy it; the more gormless the higher the sales figures. I saw one in passing today, one of Girls Aloud 'What my man said to me', or similar. I mean, ho hum doesn't express it.

But the deeper question is - why do we need people living apparently magical lives in order to feed vicariously off their emotional ups and downs?
    This thread I see has ‘taken off’ because of the ‘interest’ in that ‘Tosh’

The actually ‘rant’ re global warming and not eating meat etc has become a side issue

To me this forum therefore represents Jo Public

If she does publish a book about her marriage it will be a best seller

If she does re meat and the environment it wont

The sun has the highest circulation of any daily English-language newspaper in the world and some say is full of Tosh

The Sun (newspaper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Papers print what people want to read and if they could make a suitable cover for the sunday sport sales would go up accordingly

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Shark View Post
    Btw these mags etc are good way to pass time at lunch time when i can't be bothered to go out in the rain
    No, they aren't. It's an illusion brought on by a lack of decent reading!

No, they aren't. It's an illusion brought on by a lack of decent reading!
    Fair enough but i don't waste my money buying them. They're just there laying in the staffroom so i just flick through the pages just to find something 'interesting' to read.

Which is probably what i might be tempted to do if the meeting tonight at work gets far too boring Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    This thread I see has ‘taken off’ because of the ‘interest’ in that ‘Tosh’

The actually ‘rant’ re global warming and not eating meat etc has become a side issue
    I refer the honourable gentleman to his thread-commencing post, which specifically asked questions about HM's motivation and whether we should listen to her pronouncements.

Fair enough but i don't waste my money buying them. They're just there laying in the staffroom so i just flick through the pages just to find something 'interesting' to read.

Which is probably what i might be tempted to do if the meeting tonight at work gets far too boring Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    I too will pick up something like that from time to time - waiting rooms, etc. - otherwise my criticism would be based on ignorance.

I never do that, oh no.

I refer the honourable gentleman to his thread-commencing post, which specifically asked questions about HM's motivation and whether we should listen to her pronouncements.

I too will pick up something like that from time to time - waiting rooms, etc. - otherwise my criticism would be based on ignorance.

I never do that, oh no.
    I was waiting for a chinese (food) the other day and saw a Heat type mag from July 2006 and was reading the monthly horoscope and trying to remember if it was true

But the deeper question is - why do we need people living apparently magical lives in order to feed vicariously off their emotional ups and downs?
    One of life's eternal mysteries...

Maybe they worship celebrity because they don't have religion in their lives anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    Don't tell me, Heather Mills lost her leg because MI-5 wanted to kill her, because she was about to have Prince Charles' love-child?
    No silly-billy!

She was going to reveal that NASA assassinated JFK because he wouldn't back the plan for the fake moon landings.

I saw a documentary on Heather Mills years ago.

Apparently, while she was in hospital following her accident, she called a press conference and offered to sell the story to the highest bidder.

She then spent years selling stories and doing the talk show circuit every time she got engaged to a new guy, followed shortly after by the break-up story.

She came across as cold, ruthless, manipulative and entirely self interested. She seems to have used the press to promote herself for years and now it's payback time - they're having a field day with her and I can't feel too much sympathy.

After seeing her interview on GMTV, she seems to have descended into mental illness and I hope the people close to her can persuade her to stay out of the public eye and get help.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    He has offered her £50million - but wants to protect his privacy and she has to sign a confidentiality clause to get that settlement. According to this article*, she is refusing to do so as she wants to write a book about their marriage - it says she'd accept less.

Presumably therefore she's willing to trade the money for the publicity it would get her (good or bad). So if she "wins" the case in February, then presumably we can expect her memoirs and dishing the dirt on the the McCartney family - and she's probably expecting to rake the money in as well as the public sympathy.
    My take on this is that she'd like a chance to tell her side of the story in her own words without the press misrepresenting her. I'd guess that part of that will remind people that Paul isn't quite ready for sainthood just yet.

I doubt she'd make that much money from a book to compare against having 50 million in the bank.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi View Post
    I'd guess that part of that will remind people that Paul isn't quite ready for sainthood just yet.
    Has he ever claimed to be a saint?

Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    I saw a documentary on Heather Mills years ago.

Apparently, while she was in hospital following her accident, she called a press conference and offered to sell the story to the highest bidder.
    Could this be another example of the press manipulating the truth?

As I understand it, after her accident, she was receiving lots of offers from the press for her exclusive story. Figuring her life as a model was over, she decided she had to make some money to be able to live.

At the same time, she started an effort to send prosthetic limbs to former Yugoslavia.

Don't believe everything you read and see in the media.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Could this be another example of the press manipulating the truth?... Don't believe everything you read and see in the media.
    True. There are always two sides to every story. I tend to be less trustful of the side that's being pushed the most forcefully.

Quote Originally Posted by martingold View Post
    been there done it and believe me it doesnt have to be messy mine cost £180 no solicitors etc etc
    Mine has cost me £2,000 so far, in solicitors fees alone and I'm still not divorced.

Doesn't it get messy when children are involved???
    Yes it does, but in my experiance, its...

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    when there are properties involved, children involved and money in general
    As my solicitor has said frequently...no one is ever happy with a financial settlement after a divorce. Everyone thinks they are being hard done by. It's all relative...I'm sure Heather will think she has been robbed when she gets her millions.

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    I was waiting for a chinese (food) the other day and saw a Heat type mag from July 2006 and was reading the monthly horoscope and trying to remember if it was true

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    One of life's eternal mysteries...

Maybe they worship celebrity because they don't have religion in their lives anymore?
    Don't get me started on ....mpphhhh!

Don't believe everything you read and see in the media.
    You can't believe it all, but some of it must be true. Such as...

1. Heather claims to be a leading backer of the charity Protect Darfur, even though a very perplexed charity spokesperson says: "We're surprised she's chosen to name us. We have no formal arrangement with her."

Which roughly translated means: "What the hell's she talking about?"

2. Let's not forget this is the woman who, while she was in hospital recovering from her amputation, auctioned her story to one of the very tabloids she professes to hate.

3. She then sold another story about having sizzling sex in her hospital bed with her then fiance.

4. She's told us her mother had lost a leg when she hadn't.

5. She said she was never a glamour model - she was.

5. She pretended to be an Observer journalist called Heather Mills - when she patently wasn't.

So when Heather says the media has a hate campaign against her, it hasn't. It just disputes her lies. And when she screams on TV that she's been slated as a liar and a fantasist - well, she has. Because she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    As my solicitor has said frequently...no one is ever happy with a financial settlement after a divorce. Everyone thinks they are being hard done by. It's all relative...I'm sure Heather will think she has been robbed when she gets her millions.
    My experience: wife is usually convinced that husband (usually breadwinner) is hiding assets/income/girlfriends and uses contact with the children (usually she gets residence) to get back at him.

Husbands may well be hiding assets but if so they (wisely) don't tell their solicitor, whereas wife cannot help but be obvious with her strategy.

Gruesome and sad so hoorah! I hardly ever do family law...

My experience: wife is usually convinced that husband (usually breadwinner) is hiding assets/income/girlfriends and uses contact with the children (usually she gets residence) to get back at him.

Husbands may well be hiding assets but if so they (wisely) don't tell their solicitor, whereas wife cannot help but be obvious with her strategy.

Gruesome and sad so hoorah! I hardly ever do family law...
    Not in my case. My ex-husband has sod all and I have all the assets, which are mine from before we met. I genuinely wish he was dead, he is neither use nor ornament.

Thread Information