Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dance test

Originally posted by xSalsa_Angelx
    maybe cos i like them and i like being different...
    Different from all the other girls who wear slogans on their t-shirts?

Originally posted by Chicklet
    Another element of the safety thing is believe it or not, the attitude of the rest of the women. Maybe I've been very lucky but my experiences have always been very positive, we actually compliment each other, hell Alexs gets so interested in other girls outfits she can be up *checking the fabric* at the front, with both hands!!
    And very nice fabric they are too!

B.T.C.
    Originally posted by Chicklet
    Unfortunately, most women who would like to dress up haven't found dance nights yet and don't have a safe environment in which to indulge their dressing up desires.

Another element of the safety thing is believe it or not, the attitude of the rest of the women.

Point?? Guys, enjoy it while you can, girls, go for the push up thing with the sequins every time!!

Agree totally..........women can wear as little as they want on the dance floor

But I know a number of women - including Fran and laura - who will wear tops that they just wouldn't dream of wearing anywhere else because Ceroc is a 'safe' environment and they know what they wear won't be misconstrued.

Although the men will notice, like life generally it's the other women that the wearer might be more conscious of. Having dicussed this with several women it would appear that many women dress as much, if not more with other women in mind than for a man. Partly, this is because on the whole a woman will notice much more than a man ( sure we touched on this on another thread ages ago!).

As several women have already said, if a female is wearing a short skirt or a revealing top she expects to have her cleavage and/or legs noticed. If she doesn't she'll wear trousers and a top that covers everything.

Where does the line come from noticing to leering ? Given that eye contact is so important our eyes should meet most of the time anyway so not staring down the front of a woman top. But maybe I'll try this basket 'squeeze' and se what happens .............and I htink I'll spend much longer actually reading what's on womens' tops.

The Perfect Woman!
    Originally posted by Bill
    . But maybe I'll try this basket 'squeeze' and se what happens .............and I htink I'll spend much longer actually reading what's on womens' tops.

The thing is guys the larger one's assets are, the more of a 'squeeze' the basket is anyway...

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

But I know a number of women - including Fran and laura - who will wear tops that they just wouldn't dream of wearing anywhere else .
    long may it continue

Having dicussed this with several women it would appear that many women dress as much, if not more with other women in mind than for a man. Partly, this is because on the whole a woman will notice much more than a man ( sure we touched on this on another thread ages ago!).

Where does the line come from noticing to leering ? Given that eye contact is so important our eyes should meet most of the time anyway so not staring down the front of a woman top. But maybe I'll try this basket 'squeeze' and se what happens .............and I htink I'll spend much longer actually reading what's on womens' tops.
    I totally agree - and I think it´s nice they dress up, and a nice incentive to us guys to make the effort. I suppose the acceptability of the glance/leer is down to the woman at that moment, unless it´s a case of performance dancing. As guys we seem to get quite easily embarrassed at thought to be leering (at least I do) and that can sometimes cause amusement to the ladies which I guess is good

For my part, I like tops with writing on sometimes - it always gives one the excuse of reading what´s on it / admiring the wording if caught looking

My phrase book here in Rio does not have anything as advanced as would you like a dance ... the closest I could find was do you play the clarinet which is hardly the same - I feel I may have my work cut out trying to stay out of trouble at salsa . . .:sorry

Originally posted by Chris
    I totally agree - and I think it´s nice they dress up, and a nice incentive to us guys to make the effort.
    I think this has been brushed on in other posts, but what do the ladys like to see the men wearing? And what are no-no's? (white socks and black shoes are a given, as are sandles with socks)

Originally posted by Gadget
    I think this has been brushed on in other posts, but what do the ladys like to see the men wearing? And what are no-no's? (white socks and black shoes are a given, as are sandles with socks)
    Top of the list must be deodorant/aftershave - it is bad enough standing at the bar next to some guys let alone dance with them

Thread Information