Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dance test

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Dance test

Was wondering if there are any nice moves anyone can think of that you can apply my newtm"slapable" scale to ?

Level / Response
    -----------------------------
    1. Ohh its lovely!

through to

5. Oh Im borderline offended but Im keeping quiet

through to

10. SLAP!

I reckon a normal seducer would be a 1 and seducer hug a 2...

I expect a few Lounge Lizard posts

n.b. This is a purely scientific study and any attempt to use the scale to test the morals of your dance partner will be severely frowned upon. We dont want to hear "she does up to a 7 on the Scathe scale" or even worse "she goes all the way"...its not big and it wouldnt be clever

Re: Dance test

Basket walk around with hands WAY higher than my hips/waist nearly earned someone a slap from me not long ago - a 9?

2 handed first move into "tango" stylee lean (Lady's right leg entwinde around the mans right, then twist and you can drop the ladies right hand here, leaving her suspended by the leg hold and the mans arm around her waist.....depending on the music anything from a 5 (ie. quick music, in and out) to a 9/10 (slow blues with multiple applications)

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    Hmm Ive heard of guys who are seemingly oblivious to the location of their hands sometimes.

I suppose their must be a caveat; if the guy looks completely niave and/or innocent (or is a priest*) you could take it down -2 on the scale for that particular move. Which of course negates the point of having the scale, if you have to pretend to be innocent whilst executing it, and are rubbish at it. So..er..just forget i said anything.

Anyway, what Aleks mentioned isnt 'really' a move as such - just a variation. Or is it! Who knows..(probably Boomer )

*actually with the press Priests have been getting lately, maybe not.

Of course I'm often incapable of appearing to not take things too seriously, but there's also always those slappable sounding moves, like a "Grind" or a "Sexy Swayback" that are more likely to cause offence by suggesting/saying them than doing them

Grind: man directly behind woman, hands on her hips, leads her into a circular motion, hips moving to the right, down, to the left and back up - there's no contact other than hands but it looks and sounds like there is!
    Sexy Swayback: a left hip swayback (parisienne lambada) that is a sudden flick finish from a lady's walkaround - looks incredibly hot but 'sexy' means the effect, not the feel of it. Of course, you shouldn't do swaybacks without asking the lady first of course, and if she's not familair with them and you do one 'down-under' style you might get a slap...)

p.s. Yes, they are actual moves

Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
    [B]
    Anyway, what Aleks mentioned isnt 'really' a move as such - just a variation. Or is it! Who knows..(probably Boomer )
    Hey, how did my name come into a discussion about slappable moves? This is the ape that blushes doing the shoulderslide as for a walking basket with octopus hands, I wouldn't know one if I did it...which I dont...coz I'm shy.

Coming back to thread, did a..oh, I do know the basket did it last night. Anyway, did a basket, and when lady was all wrapped up in my arms, I found that my right hand wasn't exactly in the hip Not tooo far out of place bur certainly not in place (this is starting to sound worse ). Of course I apologised, she giggled, but this isn't slappable..is it Mistakes do happen don't they?

Originally posted by Boomer
    oh, . . . the basket
    I wouldn't worry about the hand to much - ladies usually seem to realise when it is genuinely unintentional. especially when followed with the nice apology you obviously made.

the scary thing I always find about baskets is to not,

no never,

even if drawn by the might of ten thousand magnets,

no never ever,

don't,

even though it's so easy to do it unintentionally

. . .

. . .

. . .

look down her cleavage!

Of course, being determined not to, and ladies looking to make sure the guy doesn't(!) has the added unintended side benefit of producing very nice eye contact (which I wish they would mention more often in showing the move - it makes it look so much nicer!)

Originally posted by Chris

look down her cleavage!

never do that....mind you a basket done like that may earn a straight 10!

Originally posted by Doc Iain

....mind you a basket done like that
    Well, you know how they always stress "safety first" . . . I guess that's why it's a move where you hold on to both her hands . . . !

very true, hold on tight....reminds me of a joke....lol not one to tell in here or in company...lol

well when I say no company, I mean no polite company. Not a lot ofpoint telling a joke in no company!

mind you a basket done like that may earn a straight 10!
    fnarfnar

Eyes aren't my problem, but these bloody thumbs:sorry why do they catch every possible blush-making piece of flesh?

You'll get used to it!....those crop top type things used to cause me no end of problems when a beginner. Do you know how hard it is to dance with someone without touching exposed flesh in one of those! Still feels wierd today!

Maybe its us soft southerners!.... or just the young impressionable ones amoungst us

those crop top type things used to cause me no end of problems when a beginner. Do you know how hard it is to dance with someone without touching exposed flesh in one of those! Still feels wierd today!
    Not quite sure if I trust my thumbs enough to dance with a woman wearing any less than full-body armour, balaclava and gauntlets. Half the time after a dance I feel the need to do the decent thing and ask for their hands in marriage:sorry

wait until someone asks u to dance to a blues number!....really slow! makes it all worse, or better depending one ones point of view

The Perfect Woman!
    wait until someone asks u to dance to a blues number!....really slow! makes it all worse, or better depending one ones point of view
    anal replies or what !!!!!

If a woman is showing cleavage its for looking at - whats she showing it off for otherwise...

If flesh is touched, or even groped because of 'the dance' thats also fine... Its only when the very few creepy old blokes start feeling one up in the guise of dance (and boy can you tell the difference) is there any sort of a problem..... and a swift elbow/knee to a relevant part soon sorts that out...

guys, dont worry so much - enjoy the dance.. Its why we are all there...

I will chose ‘..or what’. While the past few replies do carry a hint of ‘schoolboy snickering’, I’m not so sure how accurate ‘anal’ is as a description. What is expressed in the previous replies (ignoring the ‘humour’) is a genuine concern regarding how a lead’s mistakes are received. In fact, this is the whole point of the thread. Your comment about knowing the difference is reassuring - provided that this is the case, in general, for women. However, the fact that a discussion is being conducted in a way that is not satisfactory to you is less important that the fact that the discussion is being held at all. All the more so when the participants are actually trying to obtain a positive outcome “enjoy the dance.. Its why we are all there” – absolutely , I will enjoy the dance more (if that’s possible) knowing, from a woman’s PoV, that mistakes can be laughed off – god alone knows I need help laughing when I make any kind of fluff .

Your initial response ‘Anal or what !!!’ is not the most inviting of openings. It presents a rather aggressive setting that could deter the more genteel of men from involving themselves in this thread. Its taken me ½ a bottle of Wisniowka to write this reply . Your comment ‘If a woman is showing cleavage its for looking at - whats she showing it off for otherwise’ leads me to ask, how would you feel if EVERY man who dance with you made no eye-contact because he was always leading you ‘into a basket’? Yes, we do spruce ourselves up to be noticed, but, and I could be wrong here, we spruce up to be noticed and maybe meet someone, or because or partner (meaning lover) likes a certain set of clothes on us. The few times I have managed to spruce up and look halfway decent (it takes some effort to get halfway, trust me ), I became tired of being seen as a ‘nice looking piece of meat’ – all of my girl friends express that same attitude. Does the above statement mean that any man on the dance floor has carte-blance (pardon the French) to grab an eye-full?

Foxylady, I’m sorry, but if guys stopped worrying so much then the women’s political movements of the 60’s onwards would have driven the genders further apart than they were. I will keep worrying, and keep talking (even if I have to do it schoolboy style...for a while), and keep trying to relax more on the dance floor...I do acknowledge that point .

P.S I still expect a dance the next time you see me . I promise though, that after the MacGregor’s tongue-lashing ‘I’ will ask for the dance...but you have to introduce yourself, I have no idea what you look like.

Originally posted by Boomer
    P.S I still expect a dance the next time you see me .
    Assuming of course that you would like to , seeing as I don’t dance enough.

Dance Test:

Well Foxy Lady you have given us guys all the excuses we need now: QUOTE: If a woman is showing cleavage its for looking at - whats she showing it off for otherwise...

If flesh is touched, or even groped because of 'the dance' thats also fine...

Heres me thinking females bought clothes to look and feel nice in them and not to have every bloke staring at certain parts of her outfit or perhaps the parts not covered?

Far far better to look at the females eyes its much more sensual as for your hands well definately no comment.......................

Females are far more perceptive than guys could ever imagine. The vast majority of females 90% + KNOW when the guy is being creepy or rude. Does that mean i can continue to try and dance my wee way then....

DD......... If and when i get through most of those seducers on Peters DVD set with added modifications on a rising DD scale of approaching 1 (well ok add the nothing to it) YOU will be responsible..... YOU have given us newcomers the Dance Test and we have to abide by and guided by our greater superiors ..........

Note: Please give slap to DD we are just learnng

those crop top type things used to cause me no end of problems when a beginner. Do you know how hard it is to dance with someone without touching exposed flesh in one of those!
    ???? I'm baffled - why would you want to avoid it? Similar to what foxylady said about cleavage, if a woman (with the possible exception of someone who is completely new) goes dancing with her back or midriff exposed she is expecting the flesh to be touched.

I agree wholeheartedly with foxylady - you guys are worrying WAY too much!

And Boomer - if your thumbs are catching on flesh I'd be much more concerned about the pain you're causing than the blushes!! What on earth are you doing??

Thread Information