View Poll Results: Does the dancing make you more attractive?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Men become more attractive through good dancing

32 72.73%
  • Women become more attractive through good dancing

25 56.82%
  • Unattractive men are doomed regardless

6 13.64%
  • Unattractive women are doomed regardless

8 18.18%
  • Men become less attractive through bad dancing

20 45.45%
  • Women become less attractive through bad dancing

18 40.91%
  • Sparkles is a good dancer

21 47.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dancing makes you more attractive?

Dancing makes you more attractive?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles View Post
    Was there ever a thread made about this? That guys who can be totally unattractive when standing still can become very attractive when it becomes apparant that they are good dancers...
    I don't ask much from a lady

Beauty within and without
    Inner strength
    Shelter from the Storm

Dancing is a way for her to express those aspects

(There should be a rule against women dressing like librarians all the time though *mutter* )

Re: Dancing makes you more attractive?

if u can dance the normal rules of dateing change... the better u dance the better looking men/women are more attracted to you...

I see dancing as a very personal way to express yourself - so if I watch a person dancing (or dance with them), their 'attractiveness factor' can change, a bit as if I had been talking to them. Some will dance and express themselves in a way that resonates with me, some less so. That goes for men and women.

If a guy can dance i think its cool but it wouldn't make much of a difference to me about the "attractive" factor regarding if he can or can't dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegetable View Post
    if u can dance the normal rules of dateing change... the better u dance the better looking men/women are more attracted to you...
    That is absolutely spot on.

I've found myself swooning over even dating men that would give John Merrick a run for his money, purely because they can dance.

I look back and four words enter my head..."What was I thinking?" I'd like to think that I've learnt my lesson.

As long as they don't smell or have really bad breath good dancing wins every time but a lovely smile when dancing is a great second (even if their dancing is not that good)

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    I've found myself swooning over even dating men that would give John Merrick a run for his money, purely because they can dance.

Men that I could never imagine looking at in any other circumstances, sudenly become attractive, if they hit the dance floor and are good. I always find this really bizarre, but would put it down to:
    a) Style or 'coolness'. Something some (fortunate few) people ooze on the dancefloor, this is a very attractive quality.
    Or/and
    b) a connection you have felt with a person while dancing with them.
    Last edited by Lory; 18th-November-2007 at 11:02 PM. Reason: fixed quotes

I think to be a good lead requires dominance which is what I'm most attracted to in a man, so in general I will find a good dancer more attractive.

Funnily enough, the guy I consider to be the best dancer is not the slightest bit attractive to me and I can't figure out why.

Sparkles is a good dancer? Ghost have you lost your marbles?...

Sparkles is a fantastic dancer!!!

The boy's a fool
    Last edited by Rhythm King; 19th-November-2007 at 12:50 AM. Reason: emphasis

Glitter Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Caro View Post
    I see dancing as a very personal way to express yourself - so if I watch a person dancing (or dance with them), their 'attractiveness factor' can change, a bit as if I had been talking to them. Some will dance and express themselves in a way that resonates with me, some less so. That goes for men and women.

I agree with the point Caro is making - I think that when you dance with someone you learn more about them, how they move, how they interact and to some extent how thier mind works. If you 'click' with someone whilst you're dancing, IMO, their attractiveness increases - in a very similar way to if you have a conversation with someone and it flows easily and you share similar interests. I also think that if you watch someone dancing and you like what you see it can make you want to dance with them yourself, just as if you hear someone having an interesting conversation you might wish to join in or further the discussion with them yourself at a later point.

In this way I believe that dancing can make some people more attractive. And that similarly it can make some people that you initially find attractive less-so if they are not considerate dancers (I don't mean if they are inexperienced, because beginners are new and learning and it is unfair to judge them in this way). I could be dancing with the most gorgeous person in the world, but if they yank my arms and hurt me I'm definitely going to find them less attractive!

I also agree that it works in a similar way for both men and women.

... and anyone who knows me will know that I am blushing at the last entry on the poll...

Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    I think to be a good lead requires dominance which is what I'm most attracted to in a man
    Care to expand on your dominance fetish????

Confidence is usually an attractive quality in a person. If a guy/gal has the confidence (or guts) to bother to learn to dance then this will increase their confidence on the dancefloor (more so if they have managed to lose the second left-foot in the process of taking lessons).
    Confidence in the face of the opposite sex (or whichever your sexual preference!) is an asset when it comes to being seen as attractive. Some see this in people via their sense of humour (although I find this helps to camouflage lack of confidence rather than exude it), some see it in the ability to dance etc.
    I agree with Crazy Shark - that if a guy can dance that's a bonus. If they're a great person and comfortable in their own skin then I find that attractive (helps if they look like Brad Pitt too! jk!)

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Care to expand on your dominance fetish????
    I think I've shared too much already

Attractiveness has -to me- much to do with confidence - although over confidence is a complete turn off! And a guy being able to dance shows confidence. Even if not the "best" dancer in the room.

Even before I started Dancing - when on many holidays/weekend breaks over a couple of years and noticed that with out a doubt the guys that were able to dance had a much higher "pull rate" sorry to be so crass.

That's what got me started - I wanted to at least understand a couple of signals/ moves before my next trip, so I was able to join in with out feeling a complete turnip!

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Rhythm King View Post
    Sparkles is a good dancer? Ghost have you lost your marbles?...

Sparkles is a fantastic dancer!!!

The boy's a fool

My thought exactly. Although I would have said "fabulous"

Quote Originally Posted by Rhythm King View Post
    Sparkles is a fantastic dancer
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    I would have said "fabulous"

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles View Post
    I think that when you dance with someone you learn more about them, how they move, how they interact and to some extent how their mind works. If you 'click' with someone whilst you're dancing, IMO, their attractiveness increases - in a very similar way to if you have a conversation with someone and it flows easily and you share similar interests.

Although I would say that rather than someone being a “good” dancer (whatever that is) it’s got more to do with a dancer being compatible with your own dance style. We’ve had conversations on here before about seeing someone dance and thinking “wow” (to their dancing) and then dancing with them and not being wowed at all, and then the opposite, dancing with someone who appears unprepossessing, but with whom we just click and have a dance that feels fantastic. So appearances can be deceptive.

This thread fits in nicely with something I was wondering recently – how many people (men in particular) start learning to dance to become more attractive to the opposite sex? (Or whomever they want to attract.)

Recently, I noticed a preponderance of men shorter than me in class recently (I’m 5’7” – average height for men is 5’ 9”) – not something I’d ever noticed before, but the move we were doing (Swiss Roll), it would seem could only be done successfully where the lead was taller than the follow. There were only two guys who were in the entire class (and only one who did it successfully). (Should add that the height differential for any other move has never been an issue – hence my not noticing before.) Why so many below average height men? Made me wonder if they had learnt to dance to increase their attractiveness, since traditionally women like men who are taller than them, maybe they were trying to redress the balance?

*waits to get shot down in flames*

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Not something I'm asked to do every day. But I'm willing to do it for Double Trouble

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    Recently, I noticed a preponderance of men shorter than me in class recently (I’m 5’7” – average height for men is 5’ 9”) – not something I’d ever noticed before, but the move we were doing (Swiss Roll), it would seem could only be done successfully where the lead was taller than the follow. There were only two guys who were in the entire class (and only one who did it successfully). (Should add that the height differential for any other move has never been an issue – hence my not noticing before.) Why so many below average height men? Made me wonder if they had learnt to dance to increase their attractiveness, since traditionally women like men who are taller than them, maybe they were trying to redress the balance?

*waits to get shot down in flames*
    I think you will find there's general agreement about 5' 7" being the perfect height for a male dancer. And why would somebody who is perfect need to do anything to increase their attractiveness
    Last edited by ducasi; 19th-November-2007 at 12:29 PM. Reason: fix formatting

Thread Information