Thread: Places to Dance in Australia

Places to Dance in Australia

I'm, spending most of January in Australia, can anyone recommend any good dance venues? I dance both Modern Jive and West Coast.
    Cheers
    Kevin

Re: Places to Dance in Australia

Which places in Australia are you planning to be in and around? It is, for example, a thirteen hour drive from Adelaide to Canberra (I only know this through having done it so often). Which I think is a bit much for just one evening of dancing...

Initially I'm starting off in Sydney staying with relatives, taking a few days out to see the Great Barrier Reef, and that's as far as the planning has gone so far. Basically I'm open to suggestions and ideally I want to get a flavour of what it's like to live there as I'm getting very disillusioned with living in the UK.
    Cheers
    Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by FreyaW View Post
    Which places in Australia are you planning to be in and around? It is, for example, a thirteen hour drive from Adelaide to Canberra (I only know this through having done it so often). Which I think is a bit much for just one evening of dancing...

Quote Originally Posted by Sheppy View Post
    Initially I'm starting off in Sydney staying with relatives, taking a few days out to see the Great Barrier Reef, and that's as far as the planning has gone so far. Basically I'm open to suggestions and ideally I want to get a flavour of what it's like to live there as I'm getting very disillusioned with living in the UK.
    Cheers
    Kevin
    Well between these three companies, there's bound to be a venue near you in Sydney. Both the first two have at least one class somewhere every weeknight, and there'll probably be a dance party on somewhere nearly every weekend.

Ceroc & Modern Jive Dance Company. Learn to Dance, Partner Dance Ceroc Modern Jive
    Ceroc Australia Dance Company - Learn to Dance, Partner Dance, Like "Dancing with the Stars", Modern Jive
    Nuroc Dance Company & C & M's Dance Studio

There won't be anything much Ceroc-wise in Queensland outside Brisbane and the Gold Coast, but I do know of a new venue on the Sunshine Coast. The usual spots for seeing the Great Barrier Reef are a good way north of that, however.

Thanks very much for the info, I've just booked my flights and I'll make some plans over the weekend.
    Cheers
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by mabraham View Post
    Well between these three companies, there's bound to be a venue near you in Sydney. Both the first two have at least one class somewhere every weeknight, and there'll probably be a dance party on somewhere nearly every weekend.

Ceroc & Modern Jive Dance Company. Learn to Dance, Partner Dance Ceroc Modern Jive
    Ceroc Australia Dance Company - Learn to Dance, Partner Dance, Like "Dancing with the Stars", Modern Jive
    Nuroc Dance Company & C & M's Dance Studio

There won't be anything much Ceroc-wise in Queensland outside Brisbane and the Gold Coast, but I do know of a new venue on the Sunshine Coast. The usual spots for seeing the Great Barrier Reef are a good way north of that, however.

Thread Information