Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dancing with the same sex?

Re: Dancing with the same sex?

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    never lead a single pearson ever

I know my place

I thought you knew i'm 'just a jiver'

what about next week there another one isn't there.
    Well theres a 1st time for everything

I really need to get back to my classes ASAP because i'll be useless on the dancefloor

I dunno about next week although i really haven't planned that far ahead!!! Unless my 'lovely' deputy manager decides to make me work another double weekend

what about next week there another one isn't there.
    Yes - 24th November. Can't wait!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by djtrev View Post
    At the risk of being put on the ignore list of most, if not all of the posters on this thread the whole idea of man to man dancing is a complete NONO for me.
    Your opinion is just as valid as anyone else's.

When I first met MartinHarper, he asked me to dance and I politely told him I wasn't comfortable with that. Less than 1 year later and not only had I danced with a few blokes, but Martin and I entered a Blues competition together for a laugh. Yes, it was pretty awful, but it just shows how you can change how you feel... (about dancing with blokes, that is )
    Last edited by Gav; 15th-November-2007 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post

When I first met MartinHarper, he asked me to dance and I politely told him I wasn't comfortable with that. Less than 1 year later and not only had I danced with a few blokes, but Martin and I entered a Blues competition together for a laugh. Yes, it was pretty awful, but it just shows how you can change how you feel... (about dancing with blokes, that is )
    There's something about Martin !,

After about four years of dancing, on Monday night I finally found myself comfortable being lead, I think it may have to do with the quantity of dance for men to feel comfortable dancing together, IMHO to get simply past the heebie jeebies its taken me maybe thirty or forty dances with men over about four years, which would probably equate to a normal beginner introduction

Sounds like Norfolk. That's why I moved to London

(Nothing to do with a certain beautiful woman, job or family ).
    Hey you - stop putting Norfolk down You make us sound like very dark Middle Ages , and we hosting Swish! After your comments nobody will want to come . I LOVE watching two - or three men dance together.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_clay View Post
    There's something about Martin !,
    I thought it was Mary

Quote Originally Posted by nebula View Post
    Hey you - stop putting Norfolk down You make us sound like very dark Middle Ages
    When was the 'Very Dark Middle Ages' exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    When was the 'Very Dark Middle Ages' exactly?
    Just before The Dawn Ages obviously...

I'll dance with anyone that asks me. Yes I adjust my dancing, but I adjust it for the dancer, not for "male" or "female".

I find that men are generally 'stronger' than women and normally anticipate more... but that's because they are leads. :shrug:

I'm a very poor follower, but leads being on the opposite end of another good lead can get a perspective of how their own leading can be improved (... I suppose a poor lead would give another perspective as well.)

Love to dance with Dai,she is a star, I also love Caz , Lisa [teacher from Leeds] and Karen, [teacher at Hyde]. I had a great dance with Ruby when she came to Blackpool. Don't treat dancing with ladies as any differently to dancing with a guy, it is dancing and I will follow the music and dance to it. I have started to lead also but only beginner moves as yet , it is damn hard trying to do the moves, develope the style , bring in musicality, and watch out on the floor for dangers.

I don't always watch the guys dancing together unless there is something about it to make it appear watchable and interesting, then I will look on as I would with mixed partners, don't bother to look just because it is two guys. My favourites to watch are Mr Cool and Jamie, they both have great attitude and musicality and I do note how Jamie follows Mr Cool's lead to give me some pointers in style.

Long may it all continue and we see a bit more of women leading the men
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

Two men danced together tonight and it seemed to grab an audience and a small round of applause...

But why?

I'm happy to dance with men, personally. I'm not a great follower but I can get by, especially if we're swapping the lead every now and then. Up this way such a thing is unusual, though, and attracts a lot of attention.

I have occasionally danced as a follower with a woman leading as well, and I must admit that in general the female leads I've danced with have been much easier to follow than the men. (Sorry guys, if any of you are on here!)

I was actually having a conversation with a female friend about this last night, and she asked if it felt a bit funny dancing with a man (and, jokingly, if it made me question my sexuality). My response was that if I thought any aspect of my dancing was inappropriately sexual to use when dancing with a man, then as a married man I'd have no business doing such things with other women either. To me it's all just dance and it doesn't leave the dance floor, whichever sex my partner of the time happens to be.

Quote Originally Posted by rubyred View Post
    Love to dance with Dai,she is a star, I also love Caz , Lisa [teacher from Leeds] and Karen, [teacher at Hyde]. I had a great dance with Ruby when she came to Blackpool. Don't treat dancing with ladies as any differently to dancing with a guy, it is dancing and I will follow the music and dance to it. I have started to lead also but only beginner moves as yet , it is damn hard trying to do the moves, develope the style , bring in musicality, and watch out on the floor for dangers.

I had fab dances with Ruby also she was just brill, I hope they come back soon

Mine and Caz's dances are getting more and more sexy

Dai......'The Tor' was she just my lucky find at Oxford about 1 year ago, the only lady I have ever danced with and if I had my eyes closed I would belive she was a man IMHO the best Female lead in the UK (that I have danced with)

Quote Originally Posted by nebula View Post
    Hey you - stop putting Norfolk down You make us sound like very dark Middle Ages , and we hosting Swish! After your comments nobody will want to come . I LOVE watching two - or three men dance together.
    cause they will honey, its not the location of the weekender, its who's there. (they will mostly be from out of town)

When I first met MartinHarper, he asked me to dance and I politely told him I wasn't comfortable with that. Less than 1 year later and not only had I danced with a few blokes, but Martin and I entered a Blues competition together for a laugh. Yes, it was pretty awful, but it just shows how you can change how you feel... (about dancing with blokes, that is
    No it wasn't and the bigest to you both, it was the canteen tye back's as cumberbands that did it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    Yes - 24th November. Can't wait!
    is there a theam

Quote Originally Posted by Steven666 View Post
    Two men danced together tonight and it seemed to grab an audience and a small round of applause...
    That's the very reason some men do it. They know it draws attention to them and it's the only way they can get a crowd to look at their otherwise mediocre dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven666 View Post
    But why?
    I think people clap because they don't want to be seen as 'non-PC'. As djtrev said, he thought he would be at risk of going on ignore lists for saying it was a no-no.

Others might clap because they think it's brave and bold to go against the grain or they might think it's because they did a great dance together, but I doubt it.
    Last edited by Double Trouble; 18th-November-2007 at 10:57 AM.

No it wasn't and the bigest to you both, it was the canteen tye back's as cumberbands that did it for me.
    <Simon Cowel Mode>

Ten out of ten for effort with the costume, five out of ten for 'agreeing to make a total tit of yourselves' and the less said about the dancing, the better....but other than that, good show boys.

Particularly if it's a lead-exchanging dance, people might occasionally applaud for the same reason they applaud threesome dancing, or steal dancing: it's something a bit different that displays different skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    I think you're thinking of the wrong person!
    Well, the etiquette is that it's ok to mash breasts on your partner, but something of a faux pas to do the same with a penis. I tend to dance less closely as a result of that, with both male and female leads. I guess male leads are more likely to respect my dance space, though.

Ever since i started dancing i have danced with a number of women, and iluv it sometimes even more than dancing with men!

The reason is for this i can muck about and have a good time with the girls.

Since iv started dancing i have danced with....

Tas Beckett (so slim i was terrified id break her)

Iva Janska (shes is beautiful, intelligent and mighty strong, how is that fair?) lol

Hayley Nicholls, (one of my favourite leads)

Caz (we just muck around but she ia a fantastic lead)

Zara (always love our dances, we ham it all up and i just love letting my hair down)

Ruby Red (always a pleasure

Tiny Ruby from Chicago (again so slim i swear i nearly twisted her arm off!

Maddie (very good lead)

Happy B aka Becki (those wiggling hips are amaaaazing!

DD Plus (blooming good lead i must say, always walk back with a smile on my fac after our dances!)

Trouble (a very good lead and got a gorgeous smile!

and my favourite and improving lead Ellie!

Not many people on here know about ellie but im telling ya shes hot hot hot! 19 years old, beautiful very wiggly, VERY wiggly dancer, likes her blues. She is a lovely lead and is keen to lead more often, half the time at hammersmith me and ellie were dancing together and she was trying all these new moves, i like the women who are keen to learn

and can i lead?

NO! I can do 4 basic ceroc moves, ok maybe 6

i tried teaching them to my friends, my friend eleanor done a lean but when i balanced she staggered and i fell on the ground! OUCH!

I am very keen to learn how to lead though

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Mac View Post

Maddie (very good lead)

DD Plus (blooming good lead i must say, always walk back with a smile on my fac after our dances!)

Trouble (a very good lead and got a gorgeous smile!

and my favourite and improving lead Ellie!

Not many people on here know about ellie but im telling ya shes hot hot hot! 19 years old, beautiful very wiggly, VERY wiggly dancer, likes her blues. She is a lovely lead and is keen to lead more often, half the time at hammersmith me and ellie were dancing together and she was trying all these new moves, i like the women who are keen to learn

I never new Maddy could lead

DD+ just fab

Trouble, never new she could lead either another dance at GC

Ellie, don't think I know Ellie, will you point her out to me Beck's i'll have a dance with her.

I'm allways up for a bit of back leading, if you fancy a dance

Ellie, don't think I know Ellie, will you point her out to me Beck's i'll have a dance with her.
    Just on Ellie....I look back in my blog (Ceroc Mad Jive Lad) at May 29th, Berkhamstead ('Ely' = my name for Ellie).

--------------------

Speaking of laughing, Ely asked me to dance - in the Blues room. Now she (as I have mentioned before) is turning into one helluva dancer. I was amazed at her confidence (strutting and stuff) - and for some reason it made me laugh. She asked "hey - why are you laughing?" - "Because you are so good" I replied. Which probably didn't make much sense......but there you are. Music was.....ok in the Blues Room - and ok in the Main room. (Then again - you can just be unlucky with the flip-flop..............................).

---------------------------------

Hats off to her. it is great to see someone develop from a beginner to become a highly accomplished, stylish dancer.

Aye aye i must say Ellie is an incredible dancer. Ellie and Mini Mac are both rising stars in the dance world.

Boys i suggest you kick the ar*e out of dancing with these 2 because in a few years us mere mortals will not get a look in with these.

XXX XXX DTS Dave
    Last edited by dave the scaffolder; 18th-November-2007 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Punctuation again xxx xxx

I cannot follow at all only been lead about 3 times. I found it really really difficult and a very alien experience.

I have danced many times with men over the last few years. many leads learning to follow have asked that I lead them.

I have also had some of my most memorable dances and dance compliments as a result of dancing with men.

I danced in the Blues room at SP with Yuval Hod who was just a magical show off and the resultant performance got a lovely round of applause. It was real fun putting a master of aerials into a couple of aerials himself

I had a great compliment from a well known forumite after dancing with him at Kent House..."thats the first time anyone danced with me as if I was a woman" .
    I was very suprised and pleased with this as I hadn't really considered it quite like that before.

I've subsequently had numerous requests to dance, especially at weekenders, from loads of men including quite a few i don't know!

I find there are 2 main types of male follow.(if you forget the level of experience).

1. Pure Follow/dance. these men are into getting the follow right submitting to my lead and enjoying the dance for dance sake.

2. Show off /dance. These men won't give in to the pure follow and anticpate or hi jack a lot. They love the dance just as much but are as interested in extrovertism and not as much into submitting to the leader.

I really enjoy dancing and really don't mind if its men or women.

Thread Information