Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dancing with the same sex?

Re: Dancing with the same sex?

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    I've never seen two men dance together and looked at them and thought, hey, they look really amazing together, or that they look so 'into' it or 'lost in the moment' that i've thought, Wow...
    You obviously weren't standing next to Fletch then...

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    Its a shame you didn't see 'that dance' between two forumties at Southport in the main room at about 4 in the morning

you know who you are guy's and it was a privilage to watch
    But if it's any consolation, Lory, last time we danced at Breeze, I definitely had a Wow moment with you

R x

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What i'm trying to say (and failing miserably) is

for me, I will dance the same, if its a man or a woman, i'm purely dancing how I want to dance to the music...

I don't have to take into concideration 'its a woman'! I'm purely into the music, the dance and the person i'm dancing with!

I don't think a man, dancing with another man ever 'forgets'

I think they're constantly thinking to themselves.. mustn't touch here, must wrap in close, mustn't touch 'that way' or 'this way'

Quote Originally Posted by jive-vee View Post
    I saw this a couple of times in the main room at Southport in September - one of the dances in particular made me think "wow, they look amazing together".
    That's great. I wish i'd seen it! But in my experience, they usually 'putting on a performance' for who'sever watching! And not just dancing for themselves!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Librarian View Post
    But if it's any consolation, Lory, last time we danced at Breeze, I definitely had a Wow moment with you
    And I with you!!!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

I don't think a man, dancing with another man ever 'forgets'

I think they're constantly thinking to themselves.. mustn't touch here, must wrap in close, mustn't touch 'that way' or 'this way'
    I must admit, the first few man to man dances I had with Nigel, 12 years ago, I was slightly freaked out that he did 100% what he normally does with women in a dance (you fully know what I mean Lory)

Soon I got comfortable with it and we had great dances. We would seek to dance with each other 2 or 3 times a night.

That's great. I wish i'd seen it! But in my experience, they usually 'putting on a performance' for who'sever watching! And not just dancing for themselves!
    To begin with it was a performance. After a while it was a lot of fun and we just had a laugh and did not worry about what others thought.
    There was a bit of a competitive element at first, when leading, to see who could maybe freak out the other!!!

I dance the same with men as I do with ladies... Oddly enough, I don't always get as close and intimate as I do with ladies, not because I'm not comfortable with it, but because the lead might not be comfortable with it... Whenever I lead other guys though, they've got no chance!

I follow because I love to follow, not because I want to get better at it.. It's time guys started dancing together cause they want to, not just as an excuse.

Jamie x

What i'm trying to say (and failing miserably) is

for me, I will dance the same, if its a man or a woman, i'm purely dancing how I want to dance to the music...

I don't have to take into concideration 'its a woman'! I'm purely into the music, the dance and the person i'm dancing with!
    Totally agree with you there Lory.. a dance is a dance no matter who it is with, be it with a person of the same or opposite sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I dance the same with men as I do with ladies... Oddly enough, I don't always get as close and intimate as I do with ladies, not because I'm not comfortable with it, but because the lead might not be comfortable with it...

I follow because I love to follow, not because I want to get better at it.. It's time guys started dancing together cause they want to, not just as an excuse.
    I lead cos I love to lead, whether it be leading a lady or man, I am not too fussed! Certain songs come on and I think "wow I want to try leading this" so grab the nearest person, no matter what sex they are!

Interestingly when I lead tho I find I can get more up close and personal with the ladies than when I lead guys. Maybe it is (being hideously generalised here I know...) because with ladies - a dance is just that - a dance - no matter how up close and personal and sexy it comes across as being

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    I want to see a proper role reversal class. None of this wimpy "men be followers, women be leaders" nonsense, any fool can do that.

I want to see a class where the leaders do the follower steps and the followers do the leader steps - but the leaders still lead. Now that'd sort the men out from the, err, followers, or something like that.
    There realy is only ONE person for that job

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by The Librarian View Post
    You obviously weren't standing next to Fletch then...

R x
    There could never be a wow moment like 'that one'

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I dance the same with men as I do with ladies... Oddly enough, I don't always get as close and intimate as I do with ladies,

Jamie x

tweeking there breasts 'move' wouldn't have the same impact, and how can you lead a mand by his man boobs

Blog Entries

I think men dancing with men is purely a demonstration factor... ie: showing off. Unless you are the man on man variety and by that i mean GAY.. there is no connection, there are no moments of passion, its just pure ------"look at me" factor.

And i say...GOOD ON YA, SHOW OFF AS MUCH AS YA LIKE.....cause at the end of the day, they all come back to us lovely women, who are connecting, gyrating, fluid making love machines who always get the coochie dances and who can make the men feel great but in a different sort of way.

Same sex dancing is great but not as great as that sparky dance you get now and then with the opposite sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    I think men dancing with men is purely a demonstration factor... ie: showing off. Unless you are the man on man variety and by that i mean GAY.. there is no connection, there are no moments of passion, its just pure ------"look at me" factor.
    I don't agree. One of my best dances of the last Southport was with Jamie and I think we were the only people bar another couple on the floor in the outside area so I certainly wasn't dancing for an audience. I won't state that I've never danced with another man knowing that there's an audience but it doesn't represent most of the dances with blokes that I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killingtime View Post
    I don't agree.
    Me neither.

I don't dance with guys very often – but when I have it's only ever been for the dance. The only time I'm interested in the "look at me" factor is when I'm in a competition.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

At the risk of being put on the ignore list of most, if not all of the posters on this thread the whole idea of man to man dancing is a complete NONO for me.

If I was at all competant enough or even capable enough to do a very UCP blues dance with someone I am damn sure I wouldnt want to do it with a man.

Quote Originally Posted by djtrev View Post
    At the risk of being put on the ignore list of most, if not all of the posters on this thread the whole idea of man to man dancing is a complete NONO for me.

If I was at all competant enough or even capable enough to do a very UCP blues dance with someone I am damn sure I wouldnt want to do it with a man.
    these nothing wrong in saying its a NONO for you IMHO

were not all the same and have different needs, as long as you are able to live and let live its OK by me dosn't mean you have to do it

I've danced with the same sex and its fun i usually follow as thats what im good at doing. Plus i lack confidence on the leading part at the moment.

I wouldn't mind seeing two guys dancing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by killingtime View Post
    I don't agree. One of my best dances of the last Southport was with Jamie and I think we were the only people bar another couple on the floor in the outside area so I certainly wasn't dancing for an audience. I won't state that I've never danced with another man knowing that there's an audience but it doesn't represent most of the dances with blokes that I have.
    Quote Originally Posted by ducasi View Post
    Me neither.

I don't dance with guys very often – but when I have it's only ever been for the dance. The only time I'm interested in the "look at me" factor is when I'm in a competition.
    yes alrite boys.

The whole idea of man to man dancing is a complete NONO for me.

Well of course not. Men have cooties.

How about a regular, not-so-UCP, not-so-blues dance?

Quote Originally Posted by MartinHarper View Post
    Well of course not. Men have cooties.

How about a regular, not-so-UCP, not-so-blues dance?
    What on earth is a cootie.

In answer to your question - NO

What on earth is a cootie.
    Cooties - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Shark View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing two guys dancing
    you should have come to Hammersmith then

Quote Originally Posted by MartinHarper View Post

oooo I never new

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    you should have come to Hammersmith then
    Next year i'll be there!!! Well i'll try no promises!!!

Plus you and i would be dancing........Fletch i'll let you lead and i'll follow

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Shark View Post

Plus you and i would be dancing........Fletch i'll let you lead and i'll follow
    never lead a single pearson ever

I know my place

I thought you new i'm 'just a jiver'

what about next week there another one isn't there.

Thread Information