2 5.41%
  • 'Bullets from your soul'

2 5.41%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sweat

Re: Sweat

Quote Originally Posted by Steven666 View Post
    Do you sweat?

Personally I feel that if you not even remotely perspiring then have you put enough effort in or are you just going through the motions
    I know it isn't pleasant but what do you think about the issue of sweatiness? Do you turn people down because of it?
    re grammar you trying to knick my crown

re sweating , some men seem to think its ok to to ask for a dance when it looks like they have just come out of the swimming pool

The driers/toilets/longdresses are there for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    re grammar you trying to knick my crown

re sweating , some men seem to think its ok to to ask for a dance when it looks like they have just come out of the swimming pool

The driers/toilets/longdresses are there for a reason
    I know a bloke who biked about 15 miles in heavy rain to get to a venue...

I know a bloke who biked about 15 miles in heavy rain to get to a venue...
    Well at least he'd have been thoroughly rinsed!

Glitter Queen

There have been lots of discussions about sweating and people who sweat and smell on the forum before.

I think the general consensus is: always wash/shower before you go to a dancing venue, then if you do sweat it won't smell. If you know you perspire a lot take clean clothes with you and a towel and deodorant so that you can go to the toilets and freshen up during the evening.

The difficulty is with people who are using modern jive as a form of aerobic exercise, for example, instead of going to the gym. If you plan to go for a work out I guess you would exercise first and then shower afterwards. The difference is, if you're going to the gym or playing sports you're usually independant of others, not in very close proximity to another person.

It is (IMO) rude to inflict your body odour on other people, if you want to get sweaty and smelly exercising by yourself and then go and have a nice shower to feel refreshed, fine - but when you're spending time with other people it's ploite to be clean and fresh.

Personally I tend to get a little soggy, but I don't let it dry untill I change my shirt. I can and have changed my dancing to minimise the contact the follower has with my shoulders/back/arms if I am particularly 'moist'

Of course a slower number should let me cool down a bit, but (depending on my partner) it can sometimes result in the front of my shirt becoming as damp as the back ... {but it's fun }

{thread: Wet Shirts}

Sweaty men is just not nice but i know its natural to sweat!!

I don't sweat i wear clothes that easy to dance in and i know i won't be sweating in!! Most my tops are sleeveless when its dancing time despite the cold weather!! I feel the cold after im finished!! Plus Bromley have air conditioning.......at the back of the hall!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Shark View Post
    Sweaty men is just not nice but i know its natural to sweat!!

I don't sweat i wear clothes that easy to dance in and i know i won't be sweating in!! Most my tops are sleeveless when its dancing time despite the cold weather!! I feel the cold after im finished!! Plus Bromley have air conditioning.......at the back of the hall!!
    Mhnnn. I love sweaty ladies. Warm sweaty ladies that is. It's only natural to be sure. But cold wet ladies are not nearly so cuddlesome. So coverall may well be preferable to reveal all; yet again.

Doesnt bother me unless its smelly or dripping wet. What does annoy me is when people who sweat heavily then put you in moves where you get coated in it! There is nothing worse than a guy putting your arm around the back of his sweaty neck so your whole forearm comes away dripping . But more than sweat, i dont really like dancing with heavy smokers as their clothes and breath tend to stink.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    Mhnnn. I love sweaty ladies. Warm sweaty ladies that is. It's only natural to be sure. But cold wet ladies are not nearly so cuddlesome. So coverall may well be preferable to reveal all; yet again.
    Your a saint!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post
    It would seem from Mr Harper's viewpoint that if you're a poor dancer, then sweating can't be helped. But as Trouble rightly says smelling stale and nasty can.
    Err i think you will find that was Double Trouble Mr Stokie......

Mr Harper has a very poor viewpoint IMO. I sweat whether im fit or not. Its just something i suffer with, some dont some do. It has absolutely nothing to do with your health, dance abilities or anything.

I only sweat on my head tho, isnt that strange, Then the sweat runs down my back and neck making me damp on my body.

Awful pain in the ass but i still get asked loads and nobody seems to be bothered whether im sweaty or not. So im lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Err i think you will find that was Double Trouble Mr Stokie......

Mr Harper has a very poor viewpoint. I sweat whether im fit or not. Its just something i suffer with, some dont some do. It has absolutely nothing to do with your health, dance abilities or anything.

I only sweat on my head tho, isnt that strange, Then the sweat runs down my back and neck making me damp on my body.

Awful pain in the ass but i still get asked loads and nobody seems to be bothered whether im sweaty or not. So im lucky.
    But your female. Some males find that a positive rather than a negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    Well at least he'd have been thoroughly rinsed!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post

Also, I may be weird, but umm, in some circumstances I don't mind a sweaty partner.
    I know what you mean, it's most odd. There's this one guy - I just want to lick it all off.

At Hammersmith I got soaked while being led onto the floor - by a third party coming off the floor, who brushed past me. I had to explain to my partner why I was all wet down one side, in case it was smelly.

I think it depends on the sweatee.
    Last edited by Astro; 26th-February-2008 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post

I know what you mean, it's most odd. There's this one guy - I just want to lick it all off.

am guilty of the same. Although i suspect it was more a desire to lick the guy than anything to do with sweat!

Blog Entries

no no and eeeeeeeoouuuuuuuwwwww.

Thats worse than toe sucking.

Ceroc Mad Jive Lad (mildly entertaining blog)

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Men sweat and women......

....glisten according to Dan Maskell the erstwhile Wimbledon gentleman commentator.

So why is it that I prefer to dance with women who break into sweat versus those that look as they've just come to the ball without a hair out of place. Well.........in my experience those that don't break into a sweat are hardly moving - and not really dancing. They are jive-minimalists - just moving a little here, a little there. I would say they are quite few in number - maybe 5% or so.

And/or - it might be that they are just not dancing as much - either through their own choice - which is fine - or it is just not happening on that night.

Or - they could just be one of those people who don't sweat much (which in some cases is a rare - and potentially dangerous medical condition) - which is fine. [EDIT - Feb 2008 - Not it's not fine, if it is dangerous]

Anyway, for me, the ones who really go for it - especially on the fast tracks are the most fun and meet one of my criteria for a great dance: 100% commitment. The end result is a bit of extra sweat - and maybe a hair or 2 out of place...............GREAT I say - that's how it should be!

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mr Harper has a very poor viewpoint IMO. I sweat whether im fit or not.
    I sweat 'more' now I'm fitter!

Also, I may be weird, but umm, in some circumstances I don't mind a sweaty partner.
    Me too, as long as its not smelly!

:I think it depends on the sweatee.

Thats worse than toe sucking.
    NO WAY!!!!

Aw you've just brought back a terrible memory of one of those dreaded 'dares'. A forumite had to suck the toes of someone, AFTER she'd done a whole night of dancing at a weekender!

He DID and he ENJOYED IT! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I couldn't even watch
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Aw you've just brought back a terrible memory of one of those dreaded 'dares'. A forumite had to suck the toes of someone, AFTER she'd done a whole night of dancing at a weekender!

He DID and he ENJOYED IT! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I couldn't even watch
    now that really is sick. Honestly, my stomach just did a flip.

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Unfortunately I can glow pints!
    Me too!

Phew! It's good to know not everyone will be put off by me....!

Do you turn people down because of it?
    Yes, I have turned people down in the past if they're soaking wet. I normally say something like: 'Why don't you come back and grab me for a dance once you've dried off a bit and changed your shirt'. Most people don't take offence, but a few do. Tough.

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post
    at weekenders I sometimes go back to the chalet around 12-1am for a quick shower and change ready to dance through until dawn.
    Yeah, I pop back to the chalet a couple of times for a quick rinse off and clean clothes at weekenders. Much nicer than just putting on a dry top on a sweaty body....

YUCK!!! That's just wrong!

Commercial Operator

Could some kind moderator give this poll a 'Bullets from your soul' option?'

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by straycat264 View Post
    Could some kind moderator give this poll a 'Bullets from your soul' option?'
    Done
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Thread Information