Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Immigration

Re: Immigration

Quote Originally Posted by Dance Demon View Post
    ....It really annoys me that people from Poland can come here, and get all the benefits of our welfare system, including claiming for their children, even though the children still live in Poland, but have never contributed to the system. If they are working, they send their money back to Poland for their families, so the money does wonders for Poland's economy but absolutely bugger all for ours...
    Some immigrants are running from, others jumping to. Around Bedford we have Poles that came here to fight on against the Nazis, and we have Poles that came here to work in the brickworks, and we have Poles that came here since. We have Polish Churches, Polish Clubs and Polish shops selling Polish produce. We have Polish notice boards with all forms of Polish craftsmen advertising on them. Around here they contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdjiver View Post
    Some immigrants are running from, others jumping to. Around Bedford we have Poles that came here to fight on against the Nazis, and we have Poles that came here to work in the brickworks, and we have Poles that came here since. We have Polish Churches, Polish Clubs and Polish shops selling Polish produce. We have Polish notice boards with all forms of Polish craftsmen advertising on them. Around here they contribute.

My experience of Poles is that they work bloody hard and for less than the market rate. I have never heard of any Poles trying to sponge for kids that are not in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTomato View Post

My experience of Poles is that they work bloody hard and for less than the market rate. I have never heard of any Poles trying to sponge for kids that are not in the country.
    Great dancing too...I love watching Pole dancing.

An Eclectic Toaster

Quote Originally Posted by Raul View Post
    Stewart 38, but look at these facts -

The English emigrated to America and wiped out the Native Americans.
    The English emigrated to Australia and wiped out the Australian Aborigines.
    The English emigrated to New Zealand and wiped out the Maoris.

Why the English are so nervous about immigration?
    In defence of the English, it certainly wasn't all their fault, particularly in America. Everybody was going (e.g. New Amsterdam, requests for the Constitution to be published simultaneously in English and German, the French bits, the Spanish bits, every modern day American somehow being part-Irish...)

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Great dancing too...I love watching Pole dancing.
    I will selflessly volunteer myself for checking if Pole dancers are doing their job properly and not cheating the system
    Last edited by TurboTomato; 15th-November-2007 at 03:29 PM. Reason: I can't speel

Thread Information