Thread: A GOOD Ceroc website???

A GOOD Ceroc website???

Must be the drugs I'm on ... or has a Ceroc entity finally managed to produce a really good website? I'm no expert but this site looks pretty good, with the exception of the Freestyle page.

Re: A GOOD Ceroc website???

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    I'm no expert but this site looks pretty good...
    What's so good about it? It's a pretty standard out-of-the-box Joomla CMS site as are many of the Ceroc sites.

What makes a good site? Three things in my view - content, content and content, it's useful content that makes you go back again and again. A good one that springs to mind is Ceroc Central, all kinds of useful stuff on there, that's also a Joomla implementation.

Quote Originally Posted by Keefy View Post
    What's so good about it? It's a pretty standard out-of-the-box Joomla CMS site as are many of the Ceroc sites.
    Ok ... I think its the easy access to the content. Too many dance sites have the real content buried away or have too many fancy tool bars or graphics. I like things to be simple, like me.

Re Ceroc Central ... nice, but not sure you can always find what you want that easily.

Oh ... ones of the things that SHOULD have been buried ... under the photos, is that Richard Oliver is a reeeaalllly BAD shirt?

Ok ... I think its the easy access to the content.
    Funny you say that: on my machine, under Firefox, the pull-down menu comes up way over to the right, completely disconnected from the "About Ceroc" header. Problem is, this means your mouse has to leave "About Ceroc" and travel quite a way to get to the pull-down menu. But half a second after the mouse leaves "About Ceroc", the pull-down menu pulls itself up again, modelling itself on the punishment of Tantalus.

Now if you're quick with the mouse, you can get to the pull-down before it disappears. I'm left wondering if this is some kind of dexterity test: if you can't get to the menu in time, you're obviously too uncoordinated to learn Ceroc, so you don't deserve access to the contents...

The Oracle

Quote Originally Posted by David Franklin View Post
    Now if you're quick with the mouse, you can get to the pull-down before it disappears.
    It teaches you to anticipate, and not just follow.
    And as you are moving your mouse sideways and then down, it becomes a curve, which is only a short step away from a semi-circle.

The web site looks pretty enough, and the navigation is good. Needs some work to finish it off though.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Must be the drugs I'm on ... or has a Ceroc entity finally managed to produce a really good website? I'm no expert but this site looks pretty good, with the exception of the Freestyle page.
    It is the drugs you are on.

The drop down menu does not work properly on my browser.

The home page is the only one a lot of people are going to see.
    IMO it should SELL. I would like to see a link to a video clip that does that. The Ceroc France site has (last time I looked) one that could serve as a model.

The poster at least tries to sell, but could be better.

[QUOTE=David Franklin;426602]Funny you say that: on my machine, under Firefox, the pull-down menu comes up way over to the right, completely disconnected from the "About Ceroc" header. Problem is, this means your mouse has to leave "About Ceroc" and travel quite a way to get to the pull-down menu. But half a second after the mouse leaves "About Ceroc", the pull-down menu pulls itself up again, modelling itself on the punishment of Tantalus. /QUOTE]Thats odd ... I'm using Firefox and it works perfectly. Not so the Chance to Dance site ... I have similar problems .. in fact more so ... I find it pretty much unusable.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

I think any decent website must look reasonably good, whilst still having ALL needed information, and give you the specific information you want quickly and easily. CerocScotland.com and boogienights.net are pretty good at that. Ceroc.com's "20 questions until information is given" approach is not ideal Despite small mistakes the Ceroc Brighton site is not too bad - but its not good either.

Gus: If this is something you are particularly interested in Im sure we can rustle up a "testing group" from forum members - i have some good usability questions all ready

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    Gus: If this is something you are particularly interested in Im sure we can rustle up a "testing group" from forum members - i have some good usability questions all ready
    I suppose I am interested in good dance site design ... but more as a user at the moment. I cannot express my disdain of the main Ceroc or the Chance to Dance sites strongly enough. Both sites are important for those trying to get information easily and both work against you.

Blog Entries

Definitely the drugs.
    A decidedly average website with all the usual usability and cross-browser functionality c0ck-ups.

When will people who want to create the impression of being professional find themselves a good professional to do their websites for them instead of pretending they know what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    Definitely the drugs.
    When will people who want to create the impression of being professional find themselves a good professional to do their websites for them instead of pretending they know what they're doing.
    OK OK!! So .. its average ... buts its a darn sight better (no pun intended)than the majority of MJ sites. I totally agree with you re getting professional developers ... given how little they cost compared to the cost of setting up a franchise I think that the 'do it yourself' option is a false economy.

Will succumb to my betters () and start a more 'positive' thread.

Thread Information