Thread: Critical mass for Blues

Critical mass for Blues

Possibly like WCS, there has been (is?) a long path towards a situation where there are enough Blues dancers to allow promoters to run Blues events. There is some indication that critical mass has been achieved, but only in some areas?

The Blues Champs showed that there is some interest / talent out there .. but maybe it also showed that a lot of 'Blues' dancing, is to some at least, still just slow ceroc.

The Blues Dance website seems to have fallen by the wayside. Local events in the N West struggle to get viable numbers and event blues sets with main freestyles don't always work. Does Blues reside just in London? I know there are a few events, like Daventry and Derby JA, that seem to do well, but are these local dancers or people travelling up from the South.

I would dearly love to see the Blues scene better established in the North ... but is there an active base of Blues dancers to make it worthwhile for promoters to organise more Blues events ... or is that state still some time off?

Re: Critical mass for Blues

I think Daniel of Bluesdance was on the way to making blues events pay, though I think love of dance was his motivation rather than making money. He stopped to give career and starting a family priority. People came a long way to attend his events.

Thread Information