Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stag Party ideas

Stag Party ideas

Looking for suggestions. I've got to put together my baby brother's main stag party, taking place in the N West early next year. The evening do is not a problem. Already got the eating places, (many) bars and night club sorted ... and NO strippers .

The problem is the daytime activity. Was looking at bumper car racing but thats about £140 pp and nearest venue is Brum I'm trying to avoid going for the traditional go-karting and paint ball combo ... but must admit I'm a bit short for alternatives. Any great ideas?

Re: Stag Party ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Already got the eating places, (many) bars and night club sorted ... and NO strippers .
    Ha ha ha ha you say that now but you may end up at a strippers club

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Shark View Post
    Ha ha ha ha you say that now but you may end up at a strippers club
    Nope. The guys aren't that sad. This is the 4th Stag party I've run and we've managed to avoid the sad and tacky. One stag party I went on firmed my mind up ... two 'strippers' eventually turned out to be two prostitutes .... the final 'act' with the stag was enough to make sure that I wouldn't be party to anything like that in the future

Besides which, why pay for it when you can get it for free at home?

Nope. The guys aren't that sad. This is the 4th Stag party I've run and we've managed to avoid the sad and tacky. One stag party I went on firmed my mind up ... two 'strippers' eventually turned out to be two prostitutes .... the final 'act' with the stag was enough to make sure that I wouldn't be party to anything like that in the future

Buy one, get one free LOL just kiddin.

Hmmmm i see your point getting for free LOL. You could spend a day at thorpe park........now that would be adventous!!! I don't know any stag party thats done that......yet!! LOL

One stag party I went on firmed my mind up ... two 'strippers' eventually turned out to be two prostitutes .... the final 'act' with the stag was enough to make sure that I wouldn't be party to anything like that in the future
    Sounds very similar to my husbands stag night. A prostitute pretending to be a stripper, giving everyone blow jobs and offering sexual favours in the bog for cash.

Her mother must be so proud.

My dad gave me all the details and I thought it was hilarious that my husband was sweating for months, terrified that I would find out that he was getting all his favours for free. Saves me a job.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nope. The guys aren't that sad. This is the 4th Stag party I've run and we've managed to avoid the sad and tacky.
    Argh! Flashback....

Once I was in camden market with my mates and we sat at the canal and saw a big barge floating on the sea, it had a group of men dressed as pirates, music was blaring out, their were stag night decorations everywhere and their was beer and food, the men seemed to be having a ball, thats something you could do, hire a boat or a yachut for the day, have a party thats if you dont get seasick of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Mac View Post
    Once I was in camden market..we saw a big barge floating on the sea
    Bleedin' ek MM...your eye sight must be better than Supermans.

I'm trying to avoid going for the traditional go-karting and paint ball combo ... but must admit I'm a bit short for alternatives. Any great ideas?
    How about something completely different - a spa day.

Might sound a bit girlie but you will have a lovely relaxing time. You could have massages, relaxation classes, swim, use the gym, facials, manicure, pedicure. I bet you'd all love it.

Blog Entries

Does your missus know you have a stripper at home?

How about learning Fire Eating. It's definately different and it's a cool party trick !

Hey G,

Why no try and have a look through those Red-Letter Day thing's. I had one once for my 21st (some time ago now!) and it was a day's tank driving. Fantastic day, completely male oriented and a good laugh. Ended up filthy dirty but got to drive around in huge machinery and get covered in mud!

Not sure on price though, some of them tend to be a bit expensive. You might be able to wangle a group discount however.

JB.

Looking for suggestions. I've got to put together my baby brother's main stag party, taking place in the N West early next year. The evening do is not a problem. Already got the eating places, (many) bars and night club sorted ... and NO strippers .

The problem is the daytime activity. Was looking at bumper car racing but thats about £140 pp and nearest venue is Brum I'm trying to avoid going for the traditional go-karting and paint ball combo ... but must admit I'm a bit short for alternatives. Any great ideas?
    Ones I have been to in the last few years include:

1/ Breakfast in a cafe on the beach, beach volleyball in the morning , sailing in the afternoon, party all night, then straight to breakfast the next day in the cafe on the beach.

2/ same as 1/, but with sailing in the morning and beach volleyball in the afternoon

3/ Paintball, from 10 am to 4 pm, followed by swim and bubbly pool thing at someones house, then out in the evening.

4/ Lunch in local, golf in the afternoon, out for the evening

5/ Waterskiing and picnic by the river

6/ Kitesurfing, surfing and canoing

7/ Theme parks

8/ Away for the weekend at a resort... Golf, Tennis, pool (swimming and potting), drinks etc.

I guess some of it depends on the weather and closeness to the sea / water / theme parks etc....

Registered User Almost an Angel's Avatar
    Heaven of course, currently on secondment to purgatory

What about this?
    Link Here
    Peak Activities - You get to decide how much and what you want to do be it just half a day, full day or a whole weekend (with or without the camping) - you can choose from caving pot holing, abseiling, rock climbing, scrambling, mountainbiking etc etc so it just depends what you fancy getting up to?
    Plus they're all manly pursuits.

Alternatively there are places that offer driving different kinds of vehicles from quads to tanks to go karts etc rather than just 1 type of vehicle if you hunt around I'm sure you can find something.

Angel x

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Mac View Post
    hire a boat or a yachut for the day
    Yachut? That's a sort of mongolian cattle, right?

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

no no, its some biological liquid thats got "good bacteria" in it...

..ive seen the adverts

Not I admit in the Birmingham area but you would definitely be doing something manly and it's in the most beautiful part of the country. Water might be a bit nippy though!Coasteering, surfing, climbing and kayaking adventure activities in Pembrokeshire West Wales | TYF.COM

You could check out the simulator market. I know it doesn't help where you are unless there is another one up near you, but there is a fab F1 simulator place down in Hampshire where they have 10 F1 pods equipped with all the gear and with the screen in the wing mirrors and everything AND all the pods are linked so you can all race together...

There are aslo helicopter simultors where you actually take off and land a helicopter in a warehouse that's attached to a huge trolley thingy..

The other advatage is that simulators are generally inside and also relatively cheap.. the F1 one for example, was only something like £40 per head for 4 hours - BUT it was solidly booked for 3 months in advance.

There's also a freefall sky diving simulator where you dress in a special suit and effectively free fall over a massive fan which keeps you airbourne - or do the real thing and maybe do it sponsored for charity too.

There are also alternate driving activities like blind driving where you work in teams and have to guide a blindfolded driver through a course or reverse driving where the steering wheel goes in opposite directions to what you expect etc. etc.

You can also initially make enquiries via one of the 'gift' agencies and find out broadly where the activity centres are and then google search the area. These centres normally advertise off their own back as well as going through agencies and you can normally save £5-10 a head by booking direct.

Other than that any of the 'team' building ideas are good ones because it helps to get all the stag participants to get to know one another.

Either way you really have to budget for around £50-£80 per head.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    You could check out the simulator market. I know it doesn't help where you are unless there is another one up near you, but there is a fab F1 simulator place down in Hampshire where they have 10 F1 pods equipped with all the gear and with the screen in the wing mirrors and everything AND all the pods are linked so you can all race together...
    Good call ....shame the stag party is based in the Chester/Manchester area. However, will look for something similar round there. Once had the chance to 'fly' in a commercial simulator sometime ago and it was great.

Now got the next headache ... finding a weekend that all the stags are free for

Cool Re: Stag Party ideas

Now got the next headache ... finding a weekend that all the stags are free for
    Isn't the stag party meant to be the night before the wedding? Where's your sense of tradition man? Get a pair of handcuffs, a stripper, a couple of bottles of tequila and a one way ticket to Aberdeen and you'll never have these worries again

Thread Information